Stayed here mid Nov . and had excellent weather for the time of year. The afternoon tends to end early though as once the sun dips, about 4:30pm there isn't much warmth.
The rooms and the grounds of the hotel are modern and done to a very high standard of design and comfort. It has a very pleasant ambience to relax in.
We found the food on offer to be generally good, the better end of typical four star hotels. At times it was close to five star. The restaurant staff were very attentive and friendly. The Thompson deal of including an alcoholic drink and water with the meal was an excellent feature of the holiday. Of the three themed restaurants we found the Italian very good as was the Japanese, though it was a highly westernised version of Japanese. Both of these are well worth visiting. The Greek one we found a little disappointing. We had it outside on a cool evening and the food was not really hot possibly due to the outside temperature. Having breakfast outside on the terrace every morning was delightful.
With it being almost the end of the main tourist season, there was never a problem with sunloungers and anyway there is a sunlounger with you're room number on it somewhere so you would never be without one.
There is however a big problem with the temperature of the numerous outside pools. These pools are wonderful in their size, appearance and design. The trouble is hardly anyone ever gets in due to the icy temperature. I did go in on three occasions but not for long ! Perhaps one shouldn't expect outdoor swimmimg in November even in Cyprus ? Pity because the pools are fab !
We always enjoy swimming, we do it every day at our health club but if it is of no consequence to you you won't be troubled by it. There is however a very good indoor heated pool which is fairly heavily used but you can get a comfortable swim if you pick your times right.
Being so near the harbour area gives this hotel a wonderful location. A few steps and you will be on the promenade with long walks either to the right or left.
All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we would gladly make a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus