I love this hotel!
Just got back from Cyprus, where we spent 2 nights at the Alexander the Great whilst I ran the 10k Road race and then we headed to our own apartment in Larnaca.
We arrived on the first evening that the hotel opened after a major refurbishment, whilst not everything was finished and the hotel had obviously had some challenges due to a construction workers strike on the island which had meant their reopening had slipped, from the moment that we arrived to the moment that we left we felt thoroughly spoilt.
Our room was fantastic from a decor and appointment perspective, it was a little noisy on the first night as it overlooked the road (we live in the middle of the country - so we are noise sensitive), but if you live in town you would not notice it. I suspect beach or side facing rooms would be more quiet. The shower was amazing especially after a hot run!
We were meet by a porter (Valentin) who helped with our luggage showed us to reception and then took us to our room and showed us how things worked.
As it was quite late in the evening we went to explore the food options and managed to get into the Italian restaurant on site - Garibaldi's - this proved to be an excellent choice. The food and service were excellent and completely surpassed our expectations. There was a buffet of starters, followed by a soup, main course and dessert. Priced at 28EUR a head this was excellent value given the quality of the offering. We ate there on our 2nd night also and it was equally as good. Do try the local wines as these are cheaper and are excellent quality.
After dinner we headed to the bar, were the entertainment offering was in full flow - these guys were seriously good. The manager of the group has come off the cruise ships and really understands what makes a good show. We were also impressed that the entertainment team took the time to mingle with the guests not only after they had finished their work on the stage, but also during the day around the pool and hotel. Bravo guys - keep up the excellent work you are all seriously talented.
The breakfast offering was amazing - the hotel had thought of everything - every taste was catered for and both my husband and I were really impressed.
Ok, so the pool wasn't ready (but there was an indoor pool within a glass house you could use - we did and it was great as was the sauna) and the WiFi wasn't connected until the day after we left (we used guest services computer to deal with our business matters whilst staying) and the heating/cooling wasn't fully functional in our room (not a problem for us, but for older guests it was) - but these things did not spoil our experience and I have faith that the excellent team at the Hotel will have these things sorted really quickly.
Throughout our stay the quality of customer service was of the highest standards. Even though they were having a tough time dealing with issues, the smiles did not slip and the pride every member of staff has in the hotel is evident.
We are planning to return next year. Please don't be put off by the teething issues you will read about currently - this hotel is seriously good and will soon be back on top form I have no doubt.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great
- Alexander Great Cyprus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.