We were booked at the Athena Beach hotel from 16th October 2013 for 7 nights - the first week of a stay and cruise holiday with Thomson. The hotel was really lovely, a 4/5 star I should think. Rooms were large and kept scrupulously clean, as was the rest of the hotel. We went half board as this is the only option with Thomson, but it seems you could upgrade to All Inclusive with the hotel direct, even after you arrived. Tea and coffee in the rooms, plus a fridge. Daily toiletries. Extra for safety deposit box. They have a happy hour (6-7) when all alcoholic drinks are half price. The food in the main restaurant was very good. The beds were comfortable - might have been memory foam mattresses. The grounds, which are lovely, go down to the beach - although it's a bit rocky for swimming in the sea there - and there is a promenade which goes through all the beach-side hotels' grounds all the way into Paphos. I think it would take about 45 minutes to walk, but there is a bus outside the hotel (611 and 612) which does a 10 minute ride into Paphos. 1.5 Euro. An all-day ticket is 5 Euro, so if you were going to go on from Paphos to the market (610) then it would be worth getting that from the driver. All buses stop at the terminal in Paphos, where you have to change. The Archaelogical Museum in Paphos is fantastic, but quite a lot of walking. We did two tours booked with Horizons, turn left out of the hotel and just along the road. Janet was very helpful. We went to the Troodos Mountains and Nicosia. The prices were cheaper than the Thomson trips. The guides were extremely knowledgeable and gave lots of info about the country on the way to the destinations. Nicosia (both parts) was very interesting and we had plenty of time on our own, as well as the walking tour with the guide.
If you are going to this hotel for the bowls, then be aware that there is a charge : 5Euros for a two-hour session.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel’s tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons® Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children’s playground with Kids Club. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym, a specially designated aerobics room and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and facial and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.