Just returned from 10 days at the Athena Beach hotel, had a great time! But there are a few things that let this hotel down!
We paid extra for a limited sea view, please see my photograph I have posted of our view, it was awful!! Half of our view was a wall covered in cracks and the other half we could barely see the sea! You literally had to strain your head over into next doors balcony to see the sea! My husband went down to reception and they insisted it is indeed a sea view.
He came back and told me what they said and I went down with my husband to speak to her again because there was no way we had paid so much extra to look at a wall! I spoke to the same lady my husband had and she was so rude, and patronising and said we would see it better in the morning... We were a little bit unconvinced but thought we'd see in the morning as we had arrived at 10pm.
Getting into bed we could hear this awful generator type noise coming from just above us and I'm not even exaggerating it sounded like a helicopter was outside! We complained and a man came up into the room to listen, he agreed with us about the noise and said he'd come back. He never did! My husband had to go back down and he said "Even if I wanted to move you I can't" so you are basically saying you don't want to? He said come back in the morning, so we had to endure the racket all night and couldn't sleep, my husband normally has a high tolerance for any kind of noise like that and even he couldn't sleep!
We went back in the morning and they seemed very frustrated by us even coming back despite being asked to do so, the same woman who was rude to us last night told us to come back after 12pm. We went back bang on 12pm because we were having to sit around waiting rather than going out like we would of wanted to (it was my husbands birthday this day), it was the same lady on reception who was rude to us the previous 2 other times, I said "Hi you said to come back at 12" she replied "I SAID to come back AFTER 12!!!" This really upset me. Either way it didn't need to be said because they had a new room ready for us and handed us the key. The room was much better. I wish I had got the name of the lady who was so rude to us because she was horrible to us all through the holiday, she had brown hair and glasses. She really let the reception team down.
Apart from that the holiday was great, the hotel is beautiful, the food is AMAZING, every night has a different theme and the Greek night is great fun with live greek dancing. I can't tell you enough how beautiful the food is. Best buffet food I've ever had and the chefs are great, very friendly! The waiters and waitresses are very professional and quick to serve you. The receptionist manager is nice to the guests but shouts at the staff quite loud infront of guests which I found embarrassing on so many occasions. The nectar bar is fantastic, great range of drinks! Happy hour is nice to start the evening off to aswell between 7-8pm. The hotel grounds are absolutely beautiful. The rooms are cleaned every day which is great. Theres a few patronising signs in the bed room though such as "Getting your towels cleaned every day is absurd!" and I'm sure you'll spot the rest! There are always beach beds free most with umbrellas. The pools are lovely and theres a slide for the kids. You have to pay extra to use the sauna and spa facilities though? On your last day you can use the courtesy rooms for a shower but be warned these rooms are tiny and if you are considering having a shower it will all steam up and be extremely hot! They also do not get cleaned after every use and the floor is very wet and someone left dirty face wipes on the sink.
We went jet skiing and paragliding at the water sports place on the beach, always haggle the price as they will drop their prices! Especially if there is 2 of you. We also went on a 2 hour glass bottom boat trip at the harbour with lunch, again haggle with them on the price as we saved 10 euros. They will always drop their prices as there is so many glass bottom boat companies on the harbour! We went on a jeep safari which was a thomson excursion, that was fab. We hired a car for 3 days with Europcar, I'd recommend travelling to the Troodos mountains and visting the Kykos monastery! We went to Tombs of the Kings which was great! It was more my husband that wanted to go but it is so much better than it sounds in the other trip advisor reviews! Well worth 1.70!!! We went on the hop on hop off bus but don't go on a Sunday as pretty much everything is shut! Restaurants on the harbour near the castle are lovely, the Pelican restaurant is very nice! It's easy to get around Paphos as there are buses that go pretty much everywhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel’s tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons® Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children’s playground with Kids Club. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym, a specially designated aerobics room and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and facial and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos