My friend and I are both in our 50's but very young at heart, so we were looking for a 4-5* star hotel which was on the beach and close to some nightlife. The Athena Beach fitted the bill perfectly. Firstly we upgradd to a superior twin bedded room which is def the thing to do, we were whisked to one side of the que at reception on arrival and given a personal champagne check in, when they first took us to our room I was not happy with the view sea view as it was slighlty obstructed by the central staircase that runs through the middle of the hotel. The staff were great they immediately showed us an alternative room which we had as the sea and pool view was perfect. The hotel is along a strip of other hotels on the main road so make sure when you book you request, sea or pool view which means you will be at the back of the hotel not facing the main road. The hotel is right on the beach so if you are like me and need the option of pool or beach without having to walk to far then again its perfect, there is a beach bar in between beach and pool. The superior rooms are very clean and spacious, and they even have english plugs! the hotel as a whole is really lovely, When we upgraded our room (which I strongly recommend) we had the option to go half board for 14p per day per person with Thomson on line!! The food was really good, the selection from the buffet is vast, I was given extra special attention as I was a vegetarian so the choice was a little more limited but Head Chef got to know this as he just happened to be standing at the buffet as I was asking for a vegetarian dish and he then made it his business each day to cook a vegetarian dish just for me!" So if you are a veggie speak to the staff in the restaurant and let them know in advance as there is limited choice and I can assure you they will bend over backwards to make sure you have what you want. When you upgrade to a superior room you also get the use of a private dining area along with other upgraders and again worth it, its smaller and quieter than the main restaurant.
The pools are lovely all very clean and so is the beach, the beach is sandy/stoney with a jetty to walk out onto with steps down into the sea.
I did not visit the gym or have beauty treatments but my friend I was with used both and had no complaints about either.
Nighlife at the hotel was that typical sort of hotel entertainment which was not our up of tea, so each night we would jump into a taxi up to the harbour (about 7/8 mins in taxi) where all the bars and clubs were, there is also a bar and great underground nightclub right opposite the Hotel. As I said earlier we are in our 50's but found the ages in the clubs were anywhere between 18-50+ and everyone mingled and talked to one another, there was no age snobbery, everyone was just out to chat, dance and have a great time
The harbour is also where all the shops and restaurants are although there are a few opposite as well.
I would have no hesitation in selecting this hotel at all infact if it wasnt for the fact that I just like trying new places I would def go back there again
I can see it would be ideal for families, friends holidays (all ages) and perfect for the not quite yet retired party animals like ourselves!!
Go on ... book it! but upgrade !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel’s tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons® Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children’s playground with Kids Club. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym, a specially designated aerobics room and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and facial and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos