“Terrible Thomas Cook representative” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

You added Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Theas Afroditis Avenue | Kato Paphos, Paphos 8101, Cyprus (Formerly Athena Beach Hotel)   |
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Terrible Thomas Cook representative”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel has potential to be amazing, unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to experience this! I have travelled to Paphos on many occasions and I was visiting this hotel on my own as an all-inclusive customer.
I was taken critically ill during my holiday and was shown a lack of customer care by the Thomas Cook rep "Paul" and the hotel staff, all whom failed to assist me when I became too ill to help myself.
The rep was elusive from day one, I did not receive any paperwork from him. Although there is a rep's board I had problems locating him.
After three days of being unwell at the Athena Beach I was able to locate the rep this time and as the I could stand the pain no longer he requested reception to call a taxi to the medical centre.
Having crawled up the hospital steps, I received life saving surgery. I was not contacted by Paul my rep for a week. By this point his visit was an insult. When my daughter flew out to pack my things from the hotel she was assisted by the customer relations at the hotel and they were unaware of my admission to the hospital. Frighting that a lady by herself in an all-inclusive hotel was not missed.
Both the hotel and Thomas Cook rep showed no empathy and kindness and all correspondence from Thomas Cook have belittled the lack of support I received.
Due to the poor customer service by all concerned I would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Spalding, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a weeks holiday here in June 2012. On the whole, first impressions were good, the hotel looks really grand as you come into the lobby area however the service and welcome were disappointing. We were really pleased with our room, even though we were facing main road you cannot hear any noise once you shut sliding doors. The grounds and pools are impressive however you do have to be out very early in the morning if you want a sun lounger in a nice spot as many people reserve these before breakfast.
Now on to the let down of the hotel...the food! Every single night the hotel portrays that they have different cuisine buffet, however they do not! The same LUKE WARM, BLAND food gets served up every night. We were put off eating at the hotel halfway through the week and ending up paying to eat elsewhere. We did raise our concerns with the general manager but were not satisfied with his response.
The location in my opinion is just right, it is close enough to the centre of Paphos to enjoy the shops, restaurants and night-life but at the same time it is far enough away to have a quiet holiday if you wish to. A walk along the seafront path at night is definitely worth a go, at a leisurely pace it takes around 30 minutes. Things we enjoyed in the area were the adventure golf that is a short walk away and the archaeological sites in Paphos. On the other hand I wouldn't recommend going to the zoo as the animals didn't look very well looked after and the supposed 30 min bus trip was an hour and a half.
I would recommend this hotel as long as you don't plan on eating here.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The moment we walked in the hotel they welcomed us with champagne & Cypriot delights, we stayed at the superior seaview room and it was just 'amazing' to hear the sound of sea & to feel the fresh breeze everyday. The room had the best expresso machine & the pucks are easily available at their variety store of the hotel.

We had a civil wedding & when I came down in my bridal dress to leave for the town hall the way all the ladies greeted us it just touched my heart and I will never be able to forget that.

The buffet breakfast was delicious & grand and we had so much to chose from. The services were amazing. Cypriots are very friendly & helpful. We had a great time at the hotel & it's at the perfect location from where u can easily walk down to the harbor for shopping or go to any other restaurant (in case you want to try something different) best fresh seafood & Italian restaurants just at walking distance. The best sheesha cafe' (Marie Marie) good food & amazing view of the harbor !

Over all we had the best experience & we would love to go back for vacations some time soon :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

From the moment we walked into this hotel back in 2010 we knew this was going to be the place where we wanted to hold our 2011 wedding.The hotel is spacious and elegant and the hotel gardens are well maintained the beach front location was perfect for our wedding,saying our vows to the sound of the waves and in the cypriot sun was truely magical we could not have asked for a better day.The service we received on the day of our wedding and throughout our 2 weeks at the Athena was excellent and our superior seaview room was amazing ,it was so nice to wake up and see the beach and sea every morning.We only had breakfast in the hotel but it was gorgeous with plenty of choice and as we were superior guests we could have a late breakfast and eat alfresco.Going back in June for our anniversary and husbands birthday.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After returning from Athena Beach for the 5th time, i must say we were very disapointed, before this hotel went all inclusive we felt we were treated like royality the moment we stepped into the hotel. Very sad to say this but the hotel now feels like a cattle market, firstly waiting up to half an hour for a drink from the bar.The one thing which is still very odd, is the fact i was rudely told off for passing a ping pong ball in the main pool to my 5 year old son ( the game is called catch ).
i was told i must go into the kids pool to do this, sadly i could not do this because since this hotel went all inclusive they have now chosen to play volley ball in this pool twice a day ( around 20 grown men falling out and causing nothing but hassle ).
Dont get me wrong, the hotel is still very nice and clean, but the wow factor as been taken away from it.
On speaking to the manager i got the impression he thought the same, but said the holiday companys had forced this hotel to go down this route of all inclusive ?.
To finish: yes hotel for first timers, you will love, customers returning will see a big change ( not for the better )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Alcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The food was out of this world amazing - you didn't need to eat a la carte as the buffet area had so many varieties of cuisine.
The twin side view room was quite small for the price - we barely had room for the 2 suitcases.
There also wasn't any airconditioning in the corridors of where our room was situated which was strange and there was only one key given to a family which was also strange.

The entertainment was very good - especially a Michael Jackson tribute act.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in adjoining rooms with Mother & Mother in law and us in family room. Needed a bit of a refresh but very clean and good facilities. Bar and lounge areas were excellent and restaurant and food choice was very good. Pool areas were all high standard but beach a bit below par. Paphos was very nice with excellent Mosaics and museum area. Restaurants in town were also very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!