Have to totally agree with BettyAlpha. We have just returned from our holiday in the Athena Hotel. We arrived late (approx midnight). The night receptionist was a little grumpy. Having never been there before we were not even told where our room was or where the lifts were etc. A map of the hotel would have been good and to be shown where our room was. The 'bell boy' told us that he would take our cases to the room for us and when he saw we were looking around - looking where to go, he showed us where the lift was. We had to find the room ourselves and our suitcases eventually followed us. We were a group of three adults in the same room. We had the usual two single beds and a put up bed. It was suitable (just) for our adult daughter. We were all inclusive and the hotel had left us three meals in our room (cold meats/salad) and a bottle of wine - which was good. We had a room overlooking the road on the 2nd floor. The next day we had to find our own way to the restaurant for breakfast. Food was good - however the food on the plates was lukewarm. They do fresh cooked omelettes, make your own toast, full cooked breakfast, cold meats, cereals etc, plenty for everyone.
There was plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas, however did notice those that liked to reserve 'their' beds. We had lunch at the Leda restaurant to start with. Not impressed. Its like a works cafe and the food is lukewarm at best, and looked like it had been there for some time. We then discovered the food at the Adonis. Fresh cooked and plenty, only one person taking orders so a little wait, but once taken the food came quite quickly. The meals are big enough to have one between two, which we did after we saw the size the first time! We also had the problem with not being recognised as a party of 3 in the same room. Only 2 towels left for us the first couple of days. We had to contact reception a couple of times the first day to get another bath towel and the second day I managed to get one from the cleaner. At breakfast and evening meal - the tables were not set for 3 which was not good. I did complain to the holiday rep with what I called 'little niggles' only to be quoted '46% of our customers are returning customers......'!!! Not what I wanted to hear and not impressed! She did not take the room number when asked to sort out about the towels - only when I stood up and said by the way our room number is.......I also complained about the lukewarm food in the poolside 'restaurant' and she did not seem interested. I told her that she should eat there and see for herself - she told me that she does eat there!!
The card for all inclusive seems to be a little confusing. Some staff wanted two card if we wanted to order 3 drinks, others just wanted one. Also a little confusing about where you can eat at night on all inclusive. Never really did find out if we could have eaten in the Adonis bar at night on all inclusive.
Entertainment during the day - they need to come around the pools to remind everyone what's on just before. Other places we have been to come around and persuade you to join in. You do not keep looking at the time if you want to join in!! Evening entertainment. Agree too much going on at the same time. The entertainment on the pool at night is quite poor/amateur, except for the Greek night - very good.
Vera does deserve a special mention - she is excellent and deserves recognition.
The hotel is going through a refurb over the winter. Please do something with the outside - make it more welcoming please.
No WiFi in reception unless you pay for it - which is expensive. Other places we have been have had this facility at least in reception.
Mini bar in the room is not replenished which is rather strange when on all inclusive. Even the water was not replaced with the tea and coffee.
Good hair dryer in the room, not one in the bathroom. Iron and ironing board also in the room. Slippers and dressing gown for your use in the room and you can take the slippers home with you.
Pool side toilets need to be refurbished. They were 'ok' but need some work on them.
The sea view rooms need to be advertised as either partial sea view or sea view. There were some people complaining about their so called sea view.
Despite the 'niggles' we found it a good hotel and enjoyed our stay and would go back again. Next time though we would probably go for a bigger room if there were 3 adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel’s tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons® Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children’s playground with Kids Club. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym, a specially designated aerobics room and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and facial and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos