Stayed at this hotel 13-20 June 2012.
Start with the room first:- we stopped in a superior deluxe terrace with seaview.
The bathroom I found of poor quality, cheap and dated suite and missing a bidet, which we both find useful when the weather is hot as it is in Cyprus.
Wardrobe also of poor quality, plenty of coathangers, but a definite lack of draw space and also including the safe.
Bedroom itself was great, bed really compfortable and the linen was so compfortable, I slept like a baby every night, good flat screen tv with a few uk channels, tea and coffee making facilities and also an expresso machine, the first 2 expresso cartons were free after that you pay, we also had a bottle of wine and fruit waiting for us on arrival in the room.
Our balcony was large with 2 sunbeds, 2 loungers and 2 plastic chars with a plastic table.
On arrival because we had booked a superior suite, we had express checkin, you sit down drink champagne while a wonderful lady called Odile sat with us and checked us in, which was a nice touch.
We could have used the separate restaurant for people who are booked into superior rooms but as we had travelled with another couple who were booked into a standard room we used the normal restaurant where I ate like a Lord for the week we were there, I could have burst, trying all the delights on offer, the restaurant was well set out and even when busy a couple could still sit opposite each other having a romantic meal and seem there was no one else in the room.
The pool area and surrounding area was perfect, nice sunbeds brollies and trees to shelter under and a couple of bars for snacks and drinks and the area was always kept clean and tidy.
We tried a couple of the shows on in the hotel at night time and enjoyed them, especially 2 english guys called The 2 Amigos, very good indeed.
Overall service in the hotel was good, only occasionally abrupt, alot of the staff are non Cypriot.
On the rating for the property I have only awarded it an average score which is based on comparative hotels and prices on properties I have stayed in and the price difference between the standard room our friends stayed in which was good and similar to the superior deluxe terrace room we had, except for the balcony.
If you are staying at the Athena Beach Hotel have a wonderful time.
All the best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel’s tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons® Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children’s playground with Kids Club. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym, a specially designated aerobics room and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and facial and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos