“My resent stay at the Hotel Nereus” 3 of 5 stars

Nereus Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paphos, Cyprus   |
Ranked #63 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“My resent stay at the Hotel Nereus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

While the staff were very good, could not do enough. The Hotel itself is in dire need of refurbishment. Tiles coming up off floors in passage ways and in our personal bathroom. Decoration needed all around the Hotel. The Hotel is listed as 3 STAR. In my opinion, it may have been higher in it,s day but really pushing it now. Their normal customers are of senior age, I am lead to believe they return every year, they seem to be at comfort with the Hotel. I was my teenage daughter, there was nothing there for her. This will be the first time I can say, will not return.

Room Tip: If you are under 65 years go some where else!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I would just like to thank the staff and management for the excellent service and care that i received after my holiday started with a nightmare.
We flew in on a Sunday in July, very late at night, our suitcase went missing and the holiday company were not helpful? We had a wedding to go too the next day and all our clothing, accessories, toiletres and my medication was in that case.
The hotel was very sympathetic and made calls to the reps on our behalf {who again were not helpful} Because I had nothing the hotel staff (including Athena) arranged for me to get my hair done and even bought in there own makeup and made my face up for me so that even though I had nothing but a dress and had to buy shoes out there I looked half reasonable.
Our case turned up the next day on another flight after the wedding.
Later that week it was our wedding anniversary and the hotel left a bottle of wine and a card in our room.
Thank you everyone for the excellent customer service which was more than expected, which turned a horrible start to a holiday into a fun holiday. We hope to see you next year????

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having read some bad reviews before my visit I was a little worried but was very happy on arrival. The hotel has everything we needed and asked for....a quiet room, friendly staff, clean and the food was excellent. I am quite a fussy eater and I did not have a bad meal the whole time I was there. There is enough choice for both breakfast and evening meals and I feel the hotel does its best to try and cater for every taste. The cleaners came every day which is much better than hotels I have stayed in before. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and could not do enough for you. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the pools were excellent. There are other areas to sunbathe if you do not want to be near the pool. The location could not be better...about 5 to 10 minutes walk to all the best bits. We sampled many of the bars and restaurants and can not say anything negative about anywhere. The bus terminal is 10 mins walk from hotel and makes it very easy to get around the area. You can also book trips from there which we really enjoyed and were good value for money. There is so much to see and do in Pathos you really can't go wrong...although not sure there is enough there to keep younger children entertained...there is a zoo and a waterpark. Dont know where some people say they have seen cockroaches as we were there 2 weeks and did not see any. In fact there were no nasty bugs whatsoever...normally get bit abroad but did not need the expensive insect repellent I took. Dont believe all the negative reviews on here as it seems to me that some people expect a 5 star hotel even though they have only paid for a 3 star hotel.....guess some people are not happy unless they are complaining. Remember you are on holiday and have fun!! I FOR ONE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK NEXT YEAR!!!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room if you dont want the noise from the bar opposite although the music was not tha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

it was a cheap holiday so i wont go over the top but the hotel in general needed a re-vamp, the cleaners didnt do much of a job in my room, the bed was very hard, like lumps of straw, i didnt have a hot shower on 2 different days, the breakfast i thought was quite good, on 3 occations i went to the hotel bar, but never got served because there was'nt anyone there to serve me, (dont know how the all inclusive guests managed), you couldnt sunbathe by the pool but they had a small sun terrace on the roof of the first floor to sunbathe on but then you couldnt have a swim to cool down, you couldnt swim in the pool anyway because it was small and the children in the hotel filled it, its location was very good though, but as i say it was a cheap holiday and you get what you pay for, i've stayed in better and i've stayed in worse, at best and being kind, i would call it average

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

having been to this hotel be for I was sad meals was not as good no night entertainment for a hotel so near to all the bars they need to do some thing to keep the people happy we like coming here its close to the harbourer and we love it here

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Arrived late at night the lady on reception was very helpful and pleasant. Room was a good size but the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. Both pool areas and pools were nice and kept clean. We went all inclusive but ended up spending a lot of money eating out as food was not great. We arrived back to our room after a night out to be welcomed by our air con unit broke and water was pouring out of it and cockroaches. The night warden was very unhelpful and laughed when we told him about the cockroaches. We left the hotel and checked into another hotel for the night. When we returned the next morning the hotel manager and staff knew nothing about us leaving or the issues we had during the night. Second room was very small with no bath only a shower which was very small. Air con in this room had to be fixed twice as he was leaking water. Staff overall were very helpful and friendly. Will not be recommending this hotel or returning ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Overall. You get what you pay for. I agree that it is ideal for older clientele, but saying that, whilst we were there there were several families with children. This hotel, in my opinion, is not suitable for children. Therefore, peace and quiet went out the window. Could not swim in either pool for blow up beds, toys, balls etc. parents just let the children run wild.
Food is quite good. Breakfast has a good selection for everyone. Lunchtime menu, cooked to order is good. Evening meals can be a bit hit and miss. Although on saying that, the "Sunday Carvery" is excellent. I have stayed in a 4 and 5 star hotel in Paphos and the meals were not as good as the Nereus, althoughitdoes depend on which Chef is cooking that day.
The rooms are clean, mattresses are rather on the firm side, but a request for a mattress topper is soon remedied. Air conditioning works fine, just remember that it has 2 settings, one for summer and one for winter. On a big minus is the bathroom. As my husband is rather portly, getting into the bathroom and closing the door became very tricky. Cannot fault the cleaners. They were in very day and if you left your towels in the bath they were changed, no problem. SOME towels are a little old, but they are clean.
ON A VERY BIG MINUS is Papa George's. if you are unlucky enough to have a room overlooking the entrance to the Hotel, prepare to have your ears blasted with EXTREMLY LOUD MUSIC, and why....a large screen attached to the hotel wall to show these tone deaf people performing.........the music ends around 2.30am, and then the bar staff decide to have a conversation till the early hours. No good in complaining, as this falls on deaf ears. The night porter just shrugs his shoulders, and although the daytime reception staff are sympathetic when you complain, you soon realise that your complaint goes unheard, as the music continues to blast out. So instead of trying the help with the cost of air conditioning in the Hotel by not having it on and having the balcony
door open instead, you are forced to be closed in your room.
This was our first visit to Nereus, but not to Paphos as we have been coming since early 1980. We met some very nice people in the Hotel who had been coming for years, sadly these people were thinking of changing hotels as the standards were falling at an alarming rate. Their words,not mine. Perhaps the Management need to keep a closer look on younger members of staff. ie.....loud pop music from the TV during the day time, visiting the restaurant when the evening food was being put out and picking items with their FINGERS, especially when the British sausages were on, disappearing from the bar and leaving customers waiting for over 20minutes to get served.
Nereus Management....older clientele will vote with their feet and go elsewhere if issues are to addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Papa George's
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nereus Hotel? Share your experiences!