“A good 4 star” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
“A good 4 star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed for four days in mid December when the hotel was pretty much empty save for a handful of elderly guests . Our room a Kyma suite was roomy but fairly basically furnished not what I would call chic more IKea in design and finish . It did haven Lovely private terrace and great se views The bed was basic ,you know the sort with a hardboard base and then a thinnish mattress on top which was not very comfortable though they did bring a topper which helped .
Public areas are pretty vast and a bit soulless when empty .

However the staff really do stand out with fantastic frendly genuinely warm service . Excellent gluten free options ,they even had two GF for breakfast and were very knowledgeable about GF and allergens .
Great chocs in the room every night for my wife and GF alternatives for me !
The area around the spa and Kyma suites are child free and will need to be in the summer when I assume this will be a popular hotel for families.
I think the hotel really needs upgrading with some top quality furnishings and fittings be be truly a 5star chic boutique style hotel .

Room Tip: You will need a sea view and go for the Kyma suites
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Greek first
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the Almyra for two weeks from the 6th Nov. to the 20th November 2014. This holiday being our third visit meant that we settled in the moment we arrived. It was wonderful to see so many friendly faces, many of the staff have been at the Almyra for years, they are so friendly, they work so hard to make guests welcome, this attitude seems to pass on to the newer
recruits.

My wife had a medical problem on our 5th day, before we left the U K she was bitten by an insect while working in the garden. she was proscribed antihistamine tablets by our doctor, unfortunately she reacted very badly to the tablets and needed urgent treatment. I requested assistance from reception, they sprang into action and within 15 minutes we were in a taxi and on our way to the clinlc. She was treated immediately, the taxi waited for us {at no extra charge} took us to the pharmacy , and then back to the Almyra, total cost 65 euros, she was feeling better by the next day, that`s what i call service.

The weather was hot and sunny, 23 to 27 degrees , we had a the thunder storm one evening, it was a fantastic sight viewed through the very long lounge window.

We enjoyed walking, you can go for miles in any direction. the sunsets viewed from the castle area are breathtaking.

Our holiday was fantastic, we were completely relaxed, the staff all friendly and super efficient . We will be back in 2015.

Room Tip: Sea View the higher the better
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Recent stay at the Almyra left me with a quandry, the staff in every department were wonderful and could not do enough for you, the food was what you would expect of a buffet in a resort hotel, it was hot, tasty with several choices. Having a food allergy is sometimes a problem when abroad, but the restaurant staff went out of their way to ensure that I not only had "gluten free" food but also had options. If there was nothing to my taste on the buffet they cooked something different for me. The Spa facilities, especially the indoor heated pool were excellent and the outside areas were really good with plenty to do and very comfortable sun beds. However, the hotel itself left much to be desired. The rooms are extremely basic and the lounge area is so big and minimal it is like a morgue. The entertainment was almost non existant and the only decent entertainment one night a week, a duo singing popular songs, was spoilt by the lack of a dance floor. This hotel is advertised as "5* designer chique" it is more like Ikea cheap. Please please give this hotel a makeover it is so minimal it is uncomfortable, this is not "luxury" We would love to return because of the fantastic staff but will not do so whilst the hotel is so cold and stark.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a sea view, but my recommendation would be go next door to the Annabelle.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here in early November. We were apprehensive as we had originally booked to stay at the Annabelle, but we're transferred to he Almyra at the last minute. Our reservations were unfounded as this hotel is a great place to stay. The hotel itself is lovely and at this time of year we found it quiet and relaxing. For us, the staff made it. They could not do enough, whether it was poolside, in the restaurant or at check in. The food is varied and nice also. Wholeheartedly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a garden sea view which was lovely
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv District, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A big warm and friendly greeting at reception was my first experience at the Almyra, I sat sipping a well received glass of fresh lemonade whilst my room key was brought to me by the fantastic young lady on Reception.

I would have preferred a sea view room, but wasn't disappointed with my room overlooking the garden. It was clean bright and very comfortable .

The hotel was not to busy as it was the week before Christmas, so I decided to have a meal in the bar rather than the restaurant. Once again the young man running the Bar was very attentive, helpful and friendly. The food and wine were excellent and later I enjoyed some live entertainment, which of course I sang along too.

My only compliant was that was only at the Almyra for one night...!! I'm back in Cyprus again in Janruary and I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: I had a garden room which was quiet
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great Hotel in a beautiful location. We would return happily. The staff was welcoming and helpful. Excellent facilities, pool, spa, tennis court. Good food too. Pafos is full of archaeological interest. We visited most of the sights in the three days we were there. The mosaics dating back 3000 years must be seen to be believed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are quiet and charming
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very unimpressed by this hotel for many reasons. It had none of the facilities of most 5 star hotels that I have stayed over the years. If you wanted tea/coffee making facilities in your room you had to ask for it and it was the same for all the other things that you would expect from a hotel of this rating. The room itself was fairly basic with painted concrete floors and no mini bar, although there was a fridge (not very efficient ) in the room. The room we had was inland facing and very noisy and we were kept awake most nights by loud motor bikes and sporty cars racing up and down the road outside the grounds.
The food for all meals was of a buffet style but you could eat in a different restaurant if you wished to pay a supplement. The bar prices were however 5 Star, with the cheapest local wine retailing for around 25 euros and you even had to pay for water with your food. The spa and gym were excellent and the heated indoor pool was a real bonus during the winter months. The hotel is well placed on the shore with a coastal walk way which takes you into town. There are some really good café/restaurants in town and if I stayed there again I would go for a bed and breakfast option.

Room Tip: Please see above
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Almyra Hotel? Share your experiences!