“Very impressed - outstanding luxury facilities and staff, loved it (couples holiday)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Almyra Hotel

You added Almyra Hotel to your Saves list
Almyra Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Poseidonos Avenue | PO Box 60401, Paphos 8102, Cyprus   |
Ranked #24 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Our experience at The Alymra was luxurious and outstanding.  We stayed in Room 116, which was clean, modern, cool and spacious.  The housekeeping was incredibly attentive, friendly and frequent and the air conditioning and shower (admittedly we never once used the TV) were easy to use and more than adequate.

We had a half board stay, and even thought we hadn't expected to, we ate in the Mosaics restaurant almost night.  The food was extremely good - so fresh and so many flavours and variety.  We particularly enjoyed the Asian, barbecue and the Tastes of Cyprus themed evenings. Due to a wedding, we were transferred to The Annabelle on one evening, and thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor buffet right on the coast in the sunset.  We also ordered a fair amount of room service, which was always to the same high quality and delivered promptly and beautifully presented.

Being un-child friendly, we spent a fair bit of our time within the resort in the Over 16s Almyra Spa area, which was perfect for us. We barely stumbled across a single child throughout our stay, apart frim when we ate early. The food in Eauzone (spa restaurant) was a delightful menu and delicious, and the facilities beautifully clean and tidy.  I visited the gym on many occasions which I found cool and sufficiently stocked, and was impressed with the provision of hand towels and balcony shaded "yoga areas". The basement showers were lovely.

My partner and I both had treatments at the Almyra Spa.  After 5 days I was suffering from a very angry and itchy outbreak of heatrash (possibly from applying too much sun cream as I am very fair skinned) and Lauren was incredibly sympathetic and helpful in recommending something to ease the prickly itching and make my skin more comfortable.  The lady who performed my treatment (Genala?) was very sensitive to my embarrassment of my lumpy red and spotty skin and put me at ease with her knowledge and advice to treat it.  She even gave me some of the product to take away in a plastic cup, and within 24 hours it had almost disappeared and the irritation completely stopped, which I was so grateful for.  My partner said the 30min back amd scalp massage he had was the best he had ever bought.

The staff are a credit to a quality and luxurious establishment, and whilst the facilities and accommodation are maintained at an incredibly high standard, the staff are exceptional and I believe to be the USP for this establishment.  I loved Cyprus and I loved the Almyra hotel and spa.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Greek first
Witham Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Who said the best holidays have to be in a perfect place...when it comes to that the Almyra is a beautiful hotel, not without its little imperfections, but oh my, the people...the people were all WONDERFUL!

From a warm welcome with a traditional Cyprean sweet and a glass of water, to the prompt arrival to our room (which by the way was fabulous - boosting some incredible views) our stay was all but amazing!

We were touched by the hospitality of the people working at the hotel, from our incredible porter Marcos who is an fantastic character, to Elena & Dorrel at the restaurant and Dorothya and the rest of the team at the spa/pool (the adult only area which is fab for catching the sun , getting a splash and having a good and proper chill out!) our stay was filled with wonderful memories of moments this people gave us with their friendliness and caring service. All you need to do to have a great time at the Almyra is be nice to people and they will do anything for you!

This place restored my believe in the goodness of people they are genuine and friendly and if I could I'd bring them all back home with me to make this place a better place.
But don't get me wrong, this was not only at the Almyra, it repeated itself all across the small island! Cyprus is a wonderful place!

Now for those of you thinking of the hotel, I am a bit of a fuzz pot when it comes to where I stay, and the hotel, although very clean, still looked a bit tired (please take this with a pinch of salt as I say I am extremely fuzzy) the little details could've been looked after a tiny better, things like the bathroom shower head on the wall, was not straight! and the wonderful looking white featuring lamp hung a bit wonky not straight (told you I was fuzzy) The floor was marked around the bed's legs where it gets dragged I imaging for cleaning. But this did not take anything away from my enjoyment. It was a clean white room.

We had one of the suites (Antheon it think), not one of the really large ones but a suit non the less, which was brilliant. We had a beautiful welcome basket full of delicious fruit which lasted us until our departure date and we enjoyed every morning bit by bit. There was a welcoming bottle of water (I do believe it would be a nice touch to give you at least one every day as complimentary, some of the other hotels I have stayed of late make a practice of that now) A small yet decently stock mini bar (if a bit pricy).

The bed was a king size and comfortable although the pillows were a bit hard (but again we all have our preferences).

The quality of food at the restaurant (the buffet) was excellent, we are not great lovers of the buffet style food, but this one really impressed, the desserts chef is amazing! Food comes out in small platters and gets topped up regularly so you are always enjoying fresh food. And its also tucked in a corner so you don't feel like you are on a canteen! And the general ambiance on the restaurant was great!

We only got to try the breakfast on our last day, because as everywhere in the continent, their breakfast is served until 10, and if you are a late riser like us, you'll miss it! But again, it was quite special. However on the plus side, for a small supplement (we are talking I think though can't remember exactly about 3-5 euros per room) and you'll get to enjoy a delightful brought to your room Continental breakfast with delicious pastries, toast, fresh orange juice and tea or coffee which was simply Yummy!

The hotel is perfectly located, not too far away from town to walk but not close so you get all the noise emanating from it.

All and all a fabulous place to stay and if or rather when I get back to Cyprus, I will stay there again without hesitation! Well worth the money we paid!

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had a fantastic week in Paphos and what better to choose than Almyra hotel. The Room was upgraded on request. The marble floors were shinning, rooms were neat and clean, best of all the
laundry was immaculate. There was so much spcae for the quiet adult and eaqually dedicated area for young families. There was a sea view choice in front of the spa, gym, sauna, steam room and for the active adult Tennis courts. The half board was excellent facility.
All the staff were keen to help with a smile. The service despite being busy at weekends was personal and no shortage of smiling staff to attend to your every need.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must and you could not beat the value for half board. Rooms near the spa side are qui...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Couple 60s Visit 9-23 May 2012

Read the reviews, they are basically correct, it all depends on what aspects of the holiday experience are most important to you.
Let's deal with the negatives first.  Our room was barely 3* and the bathroom not even that. Shabby furniture with chipped paintwork, we had to ask for a basin plug, and the bath screen was so small that it was impossible to use the shower without flooding the bathroom. On the other hand they were kept clean, had comfortable beds with frequent changes of linen, air-conditioning, and flat screen TV with CNN, Sky News and BBC World.  Our room was on the road side and could be noisy at night, particularly at the weekend.
In contrast all the communal areas were well furnished and maintained to a high standard.  Although the Almyra offers special facilities for families with toddlers and couples this is in addition to, and not at the expense of, “mainstream” operation.
The two pool areas (family and adults only) are at opposite ends of the hotel, and with five dining venues available you can always avoid children if you really want to.  There were plenty of large sunbeds at both pools, and loungers in the garden area, although the family pool was a long way from the nearest toilet.  Housekeeping seemed to work on a minimum of three pool towels per guest per day with more readily available if you needed them.  Bar prices were what you would expect for a 5* hotel, but the relaxing and cheap Memories Cocktail Bar is just across the road.
Location couldn't be better. Right on the seafront with its own small beach and harbour view, the nightlife area with the (in)famous Flintstones bar a five minute walk away, and the harbour with its wealth of bars and restaurants ten minutes by foot along the promenade.
The real winners have to be the food and the staff.  Food in quality and variety was definitely 5*.  As well as a-la-carte dining, everything on the buffet was freshly prepared and well presented and complemented by a wide selection of local and imported wines.  All the staff were excellent, discreet but with the apparent knack of predicting what you wanted.  By the third day they greeted us by name and knew how we liked our breakfast coffee.  Nothing was too much trouble, and any request was dealt with immediately.
Overall what did we think of the Almyra?  Very good.
Did we enjoy our stay?  A wonderful experience.
Value for money?  Yes.
Would we recommend it?  Of course.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are definitely better.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I spent a week here at the end of May, hoping to relax and recharge my batteries in the sunshine. The hotel looks beautiful and the spa facilities are really good. It's a very good idea to have an adults-only swimming pool which is more peaceful than the main one. Lauren, the Spa manager, really goes the extra mile to make sure everything runs smoothly, always friendly and helpful. As other reviewers have said, it is a short walk along the waterfront to loads of bars and restaurants, and the Reception staff can recommend some lovely places to eat (eg Theos and Seven St George).
If you are looking for a relaxing place for peace and quiet, this hotel isn't for you. It attracts mostly families with young children, in fact the vast majority of guests when I was there were families with children. There is no soundproofing in the rooms, which means you hear absolutely everything in the rooms next to you and also noise from the corridoors, you can even hear noise coming up from the swimming pool early in the morning.
I heard that there are some more expensive guest rooms which are designated "adults-only" but the hotel as a whole is geared towards families and children.
Having said that, the rooms are comfortable, the food is good, the gym is very well-equipped and I totally agree with all the other reviewers who have commented on the wonderful staff. There is also Wifi and 2 computers in Reception with free internet access.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea have a gorgeous view but you get the noise from the pool early in the morni...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

we just got back from 4 days in Cyprus. We split them up, 2 nights in Nicosia, 2 in Paphos. We thought we'd really treat ourselves by booking a 5* hotel. Paid 130 Euro per night for a garden view room. Honestly, this was nothing to write home about. Breakfast was included, which was ok. Internet was included. Not available the first day due to technical problems. The few TV channels available were not clear and accompanied by a lot of static. We did not come here to watch TV, obviously, just the news in the morning, but even after a tech looked at it, it was no better. Rooms were rather spartan, certainly nothing one would expect of a 5*. Did not use the spa facilities, so maybe that's how this hotel earns the 5*s. Compared to the 4* Hilton Park we stayed in in Nicosia, this would have only been a 3*.

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Enjoyed a restful week at The Almyra. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet, the food is varied and plentiful.
A pleasant 5 minute walk along the coast takes you into Paphos town, where there are plenty of restaurants and bars.
The staff without exception were very helpful and friendly.
I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: I would advise a sea view room as you could actually see and hear the sea lying on the bed, lovely.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Almyra Hotel? Share your experiences!