“My Stay at the Elysium” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elysium Hotel

You added Elysium Hotel to your Saves list
Elysium Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Queen Verenikis Street | PO Box 60701, Paphos 8107, Cyprus   |
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Mansfield, UK
“My Stay at the Elysium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

After reading the reviews on here, I arrived at the Elysium hotel on the 25-08-07 not quite knowing what it would be like.
I travel a lot in my job, and I always stay at good hotels, so I feel I know a good hotel from a bad one.
My impressions after spending a week there were good.
The room I had was spacious and quiet, although it was facing the beach area, so I guess this helped.
The staff were very helpful and I could not fault them in any way. They were never freindly, but thats not what you want, but they were efficient, thats what you do want.
The food was good, although breakfast if you arrived at the wrong time did turn into a sort of free for all.
The location of the hotel was pretty good, even though Tomb of the Kings Road is like any tourist place in the Med, tacky and full of places to get an English breakfast from, but it was interesting to say the least.
My stay was in late August, and the hotel airconditioning was very efficient.
Whilst I was there I noticed a few weddings, but at the end of the day, they were not too obtrusive, and the hotel is a business after all, so I did not find them in any way spoiling my stay, as they would seem to have here with others.
I would stop at the Elysium again, and probably will do.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

Having stayed in Paphos in 2006 at the Annabel which was lovely we decided to try The Elysium which we heard was the best hotel in Cypress... We were not disappointed!

The hotel is the cleanest that I have ever stayed in and the attention to detail throughout the hotels decor makes it a real pleasure to spend time in.

The staff ... from the cleaners through to the waiters & waitresses around the pool, reception staff, bar staff , kids club helpers etc the staff were faultless. The Chef that cooks the omlettes at breakfast is the happiest guy I've ever met!

The pool area is lovely - just wish the pool was a bit deeper so you could dive in but other than that - brilliant - especially for the kids.. great slide, play ground etc and the swim up bar was fabulous.

Free table tennis near the pool, 2 tennis courts in the shade behind the hotel and a great little cove beach meant that time spent not lazing near the pool was easily filled.

We had 2 adjoining double rooms which worked out great with the kids as we had two bathrooms, cupboards etc which was handy. The rooms were really excellent in all ways (shower could have been more powerful) and we had a great sea view. I was pleasantly suproised to have BBC 1, 2 ITV, Channel 4 and sky news in the room - great!

The only thing that I could say negatively about this hotel is that drinks and food around the pool were expensive but then that is what you expect when you stay in a 5* hotel.

Restraunts were good and load more nearby worth checking out.

Stayed August 2007
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

Loved everything about this hotel, we stayed half board.
FOOD; breakfast was fab, best omlettes ever! & great service. The main dinner restaurant had themed nights which meant a great selection each night, the other two restaurants were lovely BUT never had much choice for our 9 year old daughter, though excellent for adults & beautiful setting. Then the Cava Dining restaurant is a must (voted best restaurant in Cyprus past two years by Time Out) food was excellent (Supplement applies) & adult only. DRINKS, where quite expensive but only to be expected. Lots of cheaper bars are 5 minute walk away.
The KIDS CLUB was the best I've ever seen, children get personalised invites and schedules, kids can come and go all day from 10am until 6pm, even go for lunch or dinner with the staff who where excellent. THE POOL area was beautiful, with very comfortable loungers & plenty of them, also lots of places to sit if you want peace and quiet including the adult only pool.
ROOMS; our Cyprian loft room was fab, very luxurious.
WEDDINGS; we got married at AYIA KYRIAKI church and held our reception at ZAFFRON ( we would highly recommended to anyone) you can only have reception at hotel if all your guests are residents, our family stayed next door at Kefalos Beach Aparthotel. ENTERTAINMENT; was very high standard, Greek Dancing, African Dancers, live music, Piano Bar etc. Everthing was perfect I dont know how anyone could complain about this hotel? We will definately be returning next year.

• Liked — restaurants
  • Disliked — price of drinks
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

We stayed at the Elysium in April 2007 and thought it was excellent.
Good points
good choice of restaurants within the hotel
Lovely pools and gardens and near the sea.
Attentive staff
Exceptionaly clean ( I am fussy)
We had a room at the back and if you can afford it
try a sea view or even better a pool villa.

Bad Points.
Located at far end of town a bus, taxi or good 30 min walk to centre, but taxis are cheap and bus service every 20mins.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

My husband and I have recently returned from our 2 week honeymoon at the Elysium in Cyprus and have to say it was fantastic. We don't really pay that much attention to the bad reviews as you can't please everyone. On arrival at the Elysium we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful porter. After checking in we were asked to take a seat whilst our room was being prepared and they served us a lovely cocktail. We had been upgraded as we were on honeymoon so had a side sea view room which looked out to the main entrance. The room itself was lovely, decorated with fresh flowers, rose petals on the bed and in the bath, a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. We decided to eat in the Cava that evening which is extremely nice, quite expensive, but then it is a five star and well worth it. The staff in the hotel couldn't do enough for us and we often came back to our room to find sweets had been left. The room was cleaned at least twice a day and towels changed just as much if not more. The pool staff were lovely and as we were on honeymoon we were allowed to bath around the Royal pool which is very peaceful without the children running around like the main pool. The food in the hotel was really nice and the breakfast buffet had everything you could imagine, if not you could ask for it and they would be more than happy to get it for you. The only problem we had was that when we went to the pool each morning which was around 10.30am there was absolutely no beds free yet towels had been placed on them and 'reserved' whilst guests had their breakfast. This was really annoying as my husband had read their welcome pack which states that the pool staff have been told to not let this happen. It didn't become too much of a problem though as we were allowed around the Royal Pool, which is better for a couple on honeymoon. We received a complimentary cocktail in the morning and a fresh fuit platter for lunch. We would definitely stay at the Elysium again, although the resort is quite tacky, the hotel made up for it and we had a very memorable honeymoon. The evening entertainment is good too and we would definitely recommend eating in the hotel. You have to try the Spa treatments too, which are great and not as expensive as you'd imagine.

• Liked — The Royal Pool
  • Disliked — No beds around the main pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

we could not fault this hotel, from the food to the service to the cleanliness everything was superb
the pool area was top class with a pool to suit everyone from chidren to adults, lots of sunbeds no matter what time of the day you chose to go and lots of helpful attendents
this is definitely the best buffet breakfast we have had and we have stayed in a lot of hotels!
we had a lovely spacious room and it was so clean
5 restaurants to choose from so you did not have to leave the hotel to eat although we often went down to the harbour and then it was so easy to get a taxi from the hotel
if we ever go back to paphos we will stay here

• Liked — eveything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

We usually stay at the other side of Paphos which is fairly quiet so we decided to go here purely as it did a good rate for a room with a private pool.
I can honestly have no criticisms at all about the hotel as it was fantastic - spotlessly clean, fantastic service and little treats left in our room every day. We stayed in a Royal Garden Villa with sea view - the pool was small but fantastic and contrary to other reports it was cleaned regularly in the early hours (obviously the other reviewer didn't get out of bed until late!). If I did it again I wouldn't pay the extra £600 for the sea view as it was through a wire security fence but it did get the sun all day which the garden views didn't. Those in the Megaron had a full size pool with waiter service to themselves - I only saw two people there the whole holiday.
Unfortunately the luxury ended when you left the hotel. A 200 yard walk brought you to Burger King, MacDonalds, Pizza Express, full English breakfasts and football shirts! The walk into the harbour was around 30 minutes to be ripped off and eat outside along a very busy stretch of car fumed road - very unpleasant.
Fat Mammas is excellent though and we did eat here a few times and there's a nice Italian Retaurant on the corner. If you like the quite, Greek upmarket charms of places like Santorini, Mykonos and Skiathos stay well clear!

• Liked — 5 star luxury
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Elysium Hotel? Share your experiences!