“Syrian restaurant Paphos” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Syrian Restaurant (3)

Syrian Restaurant (3)
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
West Sussex
“Syrian restaurant Paphos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had a meal at this restaurant, and I'd rate it just "average/good" compared to all the other restaurants I've been to generally. In terms of Paphos, this is the best place I've eaten yet. The highlight of the meal was the red-pepper/walnut/pomegranate starter. This dish was top notch in terms of taste. It had depth of flavour, a rich colour and was very "more-ish" I also ordered the "speciality" starter/dish of potato/garlic...which was the main disappointment of the meal, very under-seasoned. I tried to order an olive starter instead but was told they didn't have this as it was "too salty"...same with the pickle dish on the menu. I like salty food or I would not have ordered these. I ended up having to add salt to the "potato" dip/dish that was brought to me, and I think I would have enjoyed the olive/pickle dish (which was on the menu) more than the dish I ended up ordering. In lieu of the dishes I asked for the waiter recommended the falafel, which was very good. As I was dining alone he suggested that they could split the 4 (normal) portions into 2 dishes, so I could have variety, which was very considerate. So I also got to sample the cheese in pastry was tasty, but not unlike other stuffed phyllo I've had. The grilled lamb (main course) was excellent. The best lamb I've had. It was grilled just right. I'm sometimes apprehensive about lamb, because I'm not always a fan of the strong gamey taste, but this was done just right. I actually enjoyed it with the yogurt dip that was served with the falafel. I would ask about a dip for this if (like me) you like a sauce with your meat. I ordered 2 starter (dips) with bread, had 4 bite-size starts with a dip, a lamb main course and a drink for 18 Euros.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
paphos
“very enmjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This restaurant really is a delight. Friendly, excellent service and cheap!
I would not normally have meze but very different here.
Plate after plate of delicious vegetarian Syrian dishes then a huge plate of mixed meat at the end.
I will go back again and again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paphos, Cyprus
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went for lunch to The Syrian restaurant and I had a great meal, all the dips where delicious, especially the one with peppers and walnut. The hight light was the falafel, they were just perfect crunchy on the outside and moist inside. My only complain would be the pita bread, it was a little bit hard after few minutes because they reheat them in the microwave, apart from that the service was good, and the food excellent a very good price.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Delicious food delightful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had two lunches and one evening meal at this lovely restaurant during our week in Paphos last November and all were excellent experiences. The service was efficient and very friendly and the food was delicious and such good value. We shall certainly be eating there several times on our next trip to Paphos.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited on Christmas night and what an excellent late Christmas present it was. Stunning Syrian food cooked perfectly and plenty of it. The staff were excellent especially the young lady with blond hair. Could not have been more helpful. The prices are very reasonable and a very comfortable environment. Can't wait to go again

Visited December 2012