“Off the beaten track....but well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 427 Restaurants in Paphos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Bistro, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A family run Bistro with Derrick having 28 years experience as a chef in the British Armed Forces. Periodically we have music, quiz and cuisine nights. Keep a look out for our fantastic Christmas events with advertising beginning in September. TRY US FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE.
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Off the beaten track....but well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We joined friends for Sunday Lunch at The Blue Olive and having lived in Paphos a number of years I really was at a loss to say exactly where the restaurant was located, other than it is in Coral Bay, down a side road off the main strip and I would suggest if you want to go, then firstly book 26623901 or 99389107 and then ask for directions which I am certain they will happily supply. We had an excellent three course Sunday lunch for €17 and that included a half carafe of wine between two or soft drinks and also coffee at the end of the meal. I started with Gravlax, which was delicious and my wife had homemade Pate, which was equally as tasty. Our mains of Roast Turkey and Roast beef where plentiful and accompanied by roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and a selection of fresh vegetables. Our waitress offered extra veg if we needed them and was happy to supply them when we asked. A great selection of sweets complemented the meal and we left full and satisfied. There is a good menu at all other times and we will go again. I have given this establishment a 4* rating, but that should not detract from the overall impression, it just isn't a 5* restaurant. Will be going back and may soon try a sandwich/saladl unch there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Hard to find but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Read about the Blue Olive in a local Paphos magazine and persuaded my sister (lives in Cyprus) to go and after a few detours we finally noticed a small sign for the restaurant. The staff and chef were v friendly and the food was fantastic. I don't normally eat sugar or wheat but ended up having one of the homemade desserts with no ill effects and it was delicious. One of the best lemon tarts outside of France!

We visited some of the places much higher up on this list but the Blue Olive topped them all by a long way. It would benefit from better signs from the Coral Bay "strip" but then maybe a gem like this should remain hidden?!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been here several times for food, mainly on a Sunday.
The Sunday roasts are delicious, with everything being home cooked.
My only comment would be that maybe the portion sizes could be a little larger. Was fine for me but probably not enough for the men.
Fantastic home made desserts.
Two courses were €12.95 including a half carafe of wine.
During the summer we tried the salads - which again were really lovely and a little different. I had mine with prawns and my partner had the grilled salmon.
Great place for a treat but not for every week.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“An oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just glad to find somewhere open, but this quickly turned to delight as the food came out! We both had the Camembert and for once it was the real deal, then a full roast with crackling, proper roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and lots of fresh veg - I will admit that I can't even name them all but they tasted great. Dessert for me was a mocha cheese cake, which was baked, to a layman like me that just means it tastes like the ones in Starbucks and my wife had a passion fruit brûlée both were perfect. In fact the meal was perfect. In fact we booked for next week. This place is tough to find but then you know what they say no pain no gain!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having previously only been to this restaurant for lunch, which was good, with a varied selection of salads, we went last night to try the Christmas Party menu, and it was the best meal I have had in ages! I started with an imaginative chicken, bacon and pistachio terrine, which was very tasty and a generous sized portion, then followed with traditional turkey and all the trimmings, including an excellent homemade cranberry sauce, and finished with white chocolate and ginger cheesecake, which was absolutely to-die-for..... The service was very friendly and helpful, the surroundings comfortable, with good heating, it's just a shame only one other table was occupied. This restaurant has always suffered from not being visible to tourists, but it is well worth making the effort to find it, it deserves so much more support because the proprieters work hard to provide a more imaginative, out-of-the-ordinary menu, and I certainly intend to return to try some of the other tempting dishes, especially the desserts!

• Visited December 2012