“Wonderful experience! I will do it again” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 47 Attractions in Paphos
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful wooden stables overlooking the Paphos forest with magnificent mountainous views to Pano Panayia where the Eurasian and African tectonic plates crashed together, lifting Cyprus up out of the sea. They rise majestically to the far horizon where Pano Panayia nestles on the hillside.Riding beautiful happy thoroughbreds across spectacular varied country - from forest tracks to deserted Turkish villages, mountains and valleys, wide open plains to deep gorges, sea views and places where the entire vista is forest and nothing man made can be seen! Six horses who live as a herd and are very loved, in turn look after their riders, young and old. Rides can be for one hour up to 7 days! Sunset brandy sour rides are very popular in the summer and longer treks in spring and autumn. All abilities are catered for. Groups are small and guided. We also partner horses for Leadership, Team Building and Personal Development Training (Horse Assisted Education) and Horse Healing for Soul Coaching.45 mins from Paphos airport. 1.5km from a traditional, quiet, country hotel.
Paphos, Cyprus
“Wonderful experience! I will do it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The trip was amazing! (we had some trouble finding the place but Caroline guided us over the phone, very nicely! Try to arrive through the little village of Lysos where it is really easy, otherwise you really need a 4x4!)
We arrived and everything was set up and Caroline nicely gave us some shoes, chaps and hats (even some pants for some of us).
We did a 2 hour ride which was wonderful: breathtaking views (!!) and a very nice, cultivated and good teacher guide!

We strongly recommend this place for horse and landscape-loving people who enjoy to discover the forests, nature of Cyprus while riding. Furthermore, the horses are really great either for experienced or beginner riders; very well cared, kind and beautiful.

100% lovely! We will try to go back before the end of our trip, surely!

Thanks again Caroline for this wonderful experience!

Visited July 2014
RideinCyprus, Owner at Ride in Cyprus Ltd, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you! It is always so good to have a really appreciative group who are out to enjoy themselves! Looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday to explore another area of the breathtaking landscapes - I plan to take you to see a view over the coast :-)

Aldershot, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Brilliant until last 10 minutes.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My partner and myself have been riding a few times many years ago but decided to do a sunset ride towards the end of our holiday to top it all off.
Lovely views and great to ride, although the horse I was on didn't seem to want to be controlled a few times taking the lead which made me a little uncomfortable.
As we came to the end of our ride a goat jumped out of one of the old wreckage buildings, spooked the horses which then reared up and chucked 3 out of 5 of us off the horses. Considering these horses do this trek near enough every day and are surrounded by goats it was a slight shock when they became so spooked. We badly injured ourselves (nothing long term) so we had to cancel all other excursions. We were left while one of the instructors went to get his land rover as we couldn't walk and he took us straight to hospital. When we went back to our vehicle I then questioned what was to happen about paying for the trip due to what happened, I was asked to pay a contribution towards the horses food, Which I did. It still completely ended our holiday as we were bed bound for the last 3 days. Fantastic people and I do not blame what happened on them at all, horses are in control of their own minds and their reactions are under their control. Obviously wasn't a great ending and I'd like for other people to just be aware that there are things on this trek that spook the horses so always be prepared.

RideinCyprus, Owner at Ride in Cyprus Ltd, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Horses are herd animals and in the wild, need to move away from danger very quickly, it is an instinctive reaction, which means that they are unable to stop and work out that it is a goat they see every day and under normal circumstances don’t pay attention to...... or if it’s a lion wanting them for dinner! It was an amazing set of circumstances, the first of its kind in our seven seasons, but you are absolutely right that it is always necessary to be prepared. It is why we have straps on the front of the saddles, so that novice riders have a handle to keep them attached to their horse. It seems that on this occasion, the horses turned away from the perceived danger too fast for some of the riders to grab their safety straps and they became unseated. Just to clarify, a rearing horse is quite a different thing, it is when the horse stands on its back legs lifting its front legs in the air and thankfully none of these horses have ever done that or ever likely to! We are deeply sorry for the shock this has caused you, we have had loud bangs and flocks of birds take off right under our noses and the horses didn’t move a hair – this leaping goat, jumping out of the ruin was incredibly unfortunate. I’m glad that you enjoyed the first couple of hours of your ride and very much hope that this incident does not prevent you from enjoying the wonderful experience of riding and being around horses in the future and wish you both the very best.
Constanta, Romania
“Me and Farouk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Thank you Caroline, best ride ever !

I rode with my friends and I felt great, beautiful landscape, warm but pleasant, looking forward to repeat the experience.

Visited November 2013
Hereford
“Beautiful ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Me and my girlfriend have just got back from a sunrise 2hour hack. Great ride through the countryside , with amazing views! The horses very well cared for and were a pleasure to ride! Lovely people, highly recommend 'ride in Cyprus'

Cranleigh
“AMAZING EVERYTHING -horses, people, food, etc etc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I love ride in Cyprus, one of the best experiences of my life when I first went out back in 2011. You will not be disappointed!!
So excited to be going back in two weeks! Can't wait.
Lots of love, Zoe