“Five star staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Annabelle

You added The Annabelle to your Saves list
The Annabelle
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10, Poseidonos Avenue | 10 Poseidonos Avenue, Paphos 8042, Cyprus   |
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Rye, United Kingdom
“Five star staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just returned from Paphos, two weeks full board with third week bed and breakfast, staying at the Annabelle and booked with Mercury Direct.You can't go wrong, how do they do it?
The hotel claims to be five star and in the main I would go along with that. the double room was comfortable but at the end of the summer it could have done with a lick of paint. The reception and lounge area was very smart and comfortable, there was various types of musical entertainment every evening piano, harp and singing duo. (no bingo here)
The buffet style restaurant was well presented and there was a good selection with a different theme each evening. I enjoyed the various salads the most of all.
We did not use the restaurant every day in the first two weeks and ate out for a change of venue.
Bar prices were not cheap but if you stayed for twenty one days or more you received a twenty five per cent discount, I thought this was a nice touch.
The staff in this hotel are all five star, they were friendly, helpful and polite, what more can you ask for?
The Annabelle is within easy walking distance of the harbour, bars, restaurants and shops.
We have stayed in Paphos many times before but not in this hotel, I hope to stay here again if they will have me.
The only improvement I would like to see is a good shaving mirror in the bath room, this does not only apply to the Annabelle, getting older it is a job to see for some of us in darker bath rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have been to Paphos quite a few times before, but have always stayed at the Pioneer Beach hotel further up the same road. We were told by friends that they had stayed at The Annabelle and that it was very nice so we thought we would try it. We were allocated a really nice room overlooking the pool and the sea, so were very pleased. The location was excellent as you were literally a very short walk from the front. The food was really good and the restaurant staff were most friendly and accommodating as were front of house. The maids who cleaned our room did a first class job, and each evening we had a turn down service with a flower and a poem which was nice. Gardens were beautiful and I imagine in the Summer would be lovely especially the swim up bar.
We had a meal in their sister hotel one evening which was an option, this was good, waiter service, but it was closing down a day or so later for the Winter, so it was quite quiet.
I preferred the beach at the Pioneer Beach hotel,as it is literally at the end of the gardens; but at this time of the year it didn't matter to us.
We had wine with our meal most evenings which was 10 euros, so that was ok, I know some people thought the wine was expensive, but you are in a hotel so that is about the norm.
The bar drinks weren't any more expensive than any other comparable hotel, although the Pioneer Beach used to have a happy hour which was good.
All in all I would return for a winter break, but if I went in the October time, I think I would prefer the Pioneer Beach for the beach location.

Room Tip: I would think any room overlooking the gardens or sea on a high floor would be good.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

In response to Mr Petersfields review while I agree with some of his comments I was incensed by his comments that the elderly clientele were less discerning than himself, I would point out that the "Oldies" had been discerning enough to get themselves a very good deal with Mercury Holidays and were thoroughly enjoying their 3 weeks,,Perhaps when Mr Petersfield is of a similar age he will view things slightly differently.

Hayling Island, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a 4 day break in Cyprus to get some winter warmth. We also like the idea of being spoilt in a 5 star environment for a few days, so, since Annabelle was classified as 5 star on the Book Cyprus web site, we decide to go for it. Our Easyjet flight and the luxury car transfer from the airport were superb.

When we arrived at the hotel we were told we were upgraded (from a Double Sea View) and taken right to the far end of the hotel to a suite - which was next to a building site !
We were not happy with the view or the noise or, indeed the long walk to the hotel facilities, so asked for a room back in the main body of the hotel and this was done immediately. The question I ask is why were we not given this room in the first place ? The hotel was only half full and nobody in their right mind would want the room provided. It was not a good start.

The food, especially in the evening, was not 5 star - at least as I understand 5 star to be. There was no omelette counter for breakfast although there was a reasonable choice of continental and cooked breakfasts. The lunch and dinners (all buffet) were hugely disappointing. There was a different "theme" every evening from English to Asian to Mediterranean etc but the fact is that apart from one or two buffet pots , the food was exactly the same night after night.

Now I know that most of the residents were elderly (time of year ?) and are perhaps not as discerning as most - but even the most reasonable of them admitted that the food was very boring when staying for 2 or 3 weeks. Well we noticed after 3 days !
On the plus side the grounds are beautiful and well kept; there are ample spaces to sunbathe on comfortable beds and plenty of "hideaways" in the gardens if you don't want to be close together by the pool.
The staff were all excellent and gave a 5 star service.. We felt that the reasonably tired state of the hotel (again not 5 star) was saved by the excellence of the staff i.e. those looking after the rooms,waiting staff and reception staff were all happy, loyal to the hotel and very helpful. No complaints here at all.
So all in all, if we had been expecting and paying for a 4 star hotel then I guess our expectations would have been met but we came away feeling we had paid a lot of money for a reasonable room and ok but boring food.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor overlooking the sea,preferably on the side furthest away from the to...
Winsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

As a current guest at The Annabelle I must commend management for their fast response to reviews. Several issues which were raised recently on Trip Adviser - coffee pots at breakfast, tea/coffee making facilities in rooms, use of fridge, water at mealtimes, free use of the safe - these have all been addressed.
We booked a side seaview room, another time I would definitely book a seaview- they look amazing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Annabelle Hotel is rated as a 5 star hotel. It is in a great
location, right on the western shore of Cyprus. I arrived at 10am to a
sleepy December morning at the hotel, for a one night conference stay.
The hotel looked about 40% full. Nonetheless, the front desk stated that I
could only get my room at 2pm - when proper check-in is provided. So for
4 hours I was forced to lug my trolley around with me, as well as
request that some food which needed refrigeration, be placed in a
fridge.

There is a smell to the hotel that I can't quite put my finger on. I
think they are trying to use some sort of spray but it smells like sweat
and sugar. It permeates the open spaces as well as the rooms. My room is
102 and every noise in the uncarpeted hallway gets echoed into my room.

The rooms and venue are clean. The room does not have blackout curtains
so light will get in. The towels are large and plush as well as a
bathrobe and slippers are available. No pay-per-view is available, just
about 15 TV stations - with plenty of news channels.

Room Tip: Find a room where the hallway is carpeted.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with four friends last week in November and from check in to check out we were overwhelmed with the friendly staff...faby huge beds in lovely seaview rooms where the sun shone on the balcony all day..immaculately clean everywhere...the food was a huge choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner and was all delicious...great location and easy walk into town...we definately coming back next year for another relaxing holiday in the lovely Annabelle.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to The Annabelle? Share your experiences!