I have just returned from a week at the Laura Beach with my husband and 6 year old daughter. We booked fairly last minute and after reading some of the reviews leading up to our holiday I was more than a little concerned!!!nothing to worry about however!! Yes, this hotel is probably about 80% Russian but they didn't bother us in the slightest except from maybe their eating habits! They pile their plates as if there is no tomorrow and fill their tables with starters, main courses, desserts and piles of fruit all at the same time!! The hotel itself is lovely. We used the top pool which was really shallow and child safe and had a little swim up bar at the side. There is another pool up there which has a mini water park which was great for kids, again really safe as the water is only ankle deep. Never any problems getting sunbeds. The terrace outside Nero's bar is gorgeous, lovely and modern, great place to sit with a drink and watch the sunset. Our room was lovely, cleaned and towels changed every day, We didn't really watch the Entertainment, preferred to sit up on the terrace although my daughter always went to the mini disco which she absolutely loved. She also went to the kids club quite a few times and really enjoyed this too. Despite Brits being in the minority here she had plenty of friends to play with which was good as the British families got to know one another since there were so few of us. The Animation Team worked really hard, day and night, hats off to them in the 40 degree heat! The staff in the hotel were all lovely, nothing was too much trouble. We had a problem with our room on arrival and this was dealt with really quickly. Now for my one gripe........the food! The food was OK but not great. It was a bit hit and miss, sometimes better than others. Don't get me wrong you could always find something but we definately felt the selection could have been a bit better. We ate out a few nights for a change, twice at Sienna along the road, one night we went into Pahos and one night into Coral Bay. Nice desserts though and no complaints about the drinks!! All in all a great weeks holiday, really enjoyed it and could happily have stayed a bit longer!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the world of the Cyprotel Laura Beach Hotel, an oasis of tranquility and relaxation on the South coast of Cyprus, in Paphos. The Hotel is situated on the sea front of Paphos, a few kilometers from Paphos city center and is privileged to share close proximity to the finest locations and treasures of the island such as the famous Tombs of the Kings, an Ancient Archaeological Heritage site. The Cyprotel Laura Beach Hotel is one of the few Paphos hotels with a west-facing outlook that provides guests with a sublime view of blazing indescribable sunsets. Amongst several other Paphos Hotels, Cyprotel Laura Beach Hotel in Paphos, is a leading Hotel which can meet the needs of all travelers--families, couples and business people. During the winter period 12/13 the hotel has gone through major renovations in the public areas and guests' rooms and the latest addition of 2014 our full size splash water park which is one of the biggest water park situated within a hotel's ground. Moreover, all restaurants and bars have been renovated giving them a modern look with frameless windows for the amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Cyprotel Laura Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cyprotel Laura Beach Paphos
- Laura Beach Hotel Paphos
- Hotel Cyprotel Laura Beach