“fantasic food, lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
South Shields, United Kingdom
“fantasic food, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in paphos with my fiance in november 2011. We stayed at the st george hotel which was a 5 minute walk away. First impressions of the restaurant was great, real indian feel and beautifully decorated. Staff were very accomadating. Quick service however still felt relaxed. The food was very tasteful and of good quality. Portions were great too. Lovely dips served with poppadoms and curry was spicy as I asked for. Would defintly visit this restaurant if I stayed in paphos again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

TORQUAY
“Total Pleasure!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I went here on 2 occassions during our holiday to Cyprus.
This Indian is fantastic! The food is excellent quality and quanity! The chef(Owner) is observant accomadating and very hands on. He serves you the food and comes back to check everything is ok.
We sat outside under grape vines drinking wine and watching the world go by as we enjoyed this wonderful restaurant.
GO you will not be disappointed!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Genuine Indian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We have been to this restaurant after a friend suggested it to us.
They were very welcoming and friendly on arrival on what looked a busy night, and although we did not make a reservation, we were shown to a table straight away.
Although I love Indian food I always leave my wife to chose for me, and what we usually do, is we order 2, 3 different starters and mains and then we share them.
We were served promptly and the food was fantastic, on a par with Indian restaurants in the UK.
Go there if you like Indian food, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paphos, Cyprus
“Been three times and been dissapointed each time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Been three times to this restaurant, either with my family or for friends birthday's etc and been poorly disappointed on each occasion. The food always seems uninspiring with too much 'base' sauce and not enough individuality to different dishes. Once had to wait nearly 30 minutes for someone to take our drinks order. Nearly 15 minutes later they came back and said they had none of the Cobra, 'Indian' larger that I had ordered, which is incredible for an Indian restaurant with Indian lager on the menu. So nearly 45 minutes after sitting down, we still haven't got our drinks. On another occasion, 6 of us that were eating together had our main dishes bought to the table over a 30 minute period, then discovered some of them were completely wrong. A British lady serving us was quite rude on that visit. On my third visit with friends, the table we had booked wasn't available so we had a beer in a nearby bar then came back to eat. Again, service was lacking, food uninspiring and cost surprisingly high. There are other, much better Indian restaurants in Pafos. I do not recommend this one.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic meal at Poppadums !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The food here is as good as ever, Excellent Lamb Bhuna (Punjab style) and Chicken Saag, I can honestly say the food ranks amonst the best Indian food you will taste, along with great service. Drinks reasonably priced, and live music on a wednesday. It is worth taking a Taxi from central Pafos (12 Euro) or jump on the bus to visit - you will not be dissappointed !

• Visited September 2012