“best in paphos” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
leeds uk
“best in paphos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Best meal we had, sea bream excellent, duck in raspberry sauce to die for. All food cooked to order, so yes, there is a wait while cooked, enjoy the wine and ambiance. owner very friendly. we enyoyed it so much we went back. Prices very reanonable for good home cooked food. Not a place to go if you want frozen quick meals.cannot recommend too highly!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A very,very long wait for a mediocre meal.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Myself,my wife and her sister visited Jordans April 17th 2013.We are well used to the different restaurants you find in the Paphos area but this was the worst we've ever had.After ordering,we waited and waited and waited,in fact over one and a half hours.By this time we had drunk our wine and water.The owner(?) was friendly and kept repeating that the meal was a few minutes away,it was not!He gave us free wine but nothing exscused the unbelievable wait...and when the food arrived it was mediocre,My wife and her sister tasted theirs and said it was bland and could not eat it.We left the establishment disgusted with the service and quality of the food.Think twice before going here.

Visited April 2013
iordan_aurel, Owner at Jordan's, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I should not bother to respond to this comment, but my clients wanted. Some of them were there that night and saw these three people have they react .very arrogant especially blue-haired lady, few people lived in Paphos garden with them and knew what behavior they have . Thy arrive in the restaurant at around 20:30 Saturday night. Every Saturday we have a special night this time carvery night with live music . The first minute they arrive one of the lady she start complaining about music ,,is too loud , i don't like that song , i want greack music. 'i explained we have a program to fallow , every 2 min she ask about food , . After 10 min i offer to them brochette on the house and after 35 min free bottle of wine and she chill out a little bit , but she still insist to her husband ,, we not pay tonight''after approx 40 min the food arrive (and is important to know is home made ,everything cook at the minute with 6 fresh vegetable )i ask if is ok she seed ,,yes'' and after 5 min she stand up an bolt of them lady left and the gentlemen( a very nice and friendly person )ask for the check.I SWEAR THIS IS THE TRUE, PEOPLE KNOW ME WAT PERSON I AM WEN IS MI FAULT I ADMIT .
cyprus
“Below Average food, pleasant service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Greeted and seated with a great smile, host friendly and funny. The restaurant used to be an Indian restaurant. The furniture seems a mixture of Chinese, old style restaurant and something equally dated. Nonetheless, seems clean and no doubt will be to someone's taste. A complimentary bruschetta was very nice and quit frankly the best thing we ate. Feeling quite full after the bruschetta I had sea bream. It came fried a ad too dry and covered in garlic. My partner had spicy king prawns... Not spicy but swimming in some sort of red sauce. Main course pork in calvados sauce. Pork could not e seen for the cream and calvados sauce... Both meals a total miss. Wine reasonably priced. To sum it up: the restaurant has some special offers which obviously appeal to many people, personally I'd rather have a sandwich than subject myself to the food we were served. Having said that, the host is pleasant and no doubt the restaurant will do well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
iordan_aurel, Owner at Jordan's, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
That's what I like to hear constructive criticism and am very happy with the comment like this because i have the chance to improve mi restaurant quality . I am more then happy if we have that chat face to face in mi restaurant . About your fish and the king prawns the fish is grilled first and then we cock the garlic in olive oil with spices and i believe here it was the problem we put to muck oil ,is ha pend. WE TOTALLY APPRECIATE THE COMMENT AND I HOPE I SEE YOU SON .
Rochdale
“Went back ---- not as good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went back here after visiting last year.
I was a little disappointed with the food this time.
The owner seems to spend too much time being friendly and nice and all I wanted was a good meal.

My wife had the Spaghetti with chicken and spinach...just a mountain of spaghetti soaked in a thick cream sauce with the occasional piece od chicken and a few green specks (spinach??)

Will not be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
iordan_aurel, Owner at Jordan's, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Tanks for your time dedicated to post a comment. I feel is mi duty as a owner to inform mi customers about mi dishes and to make everything right if is wrong. Regarding your pasta dish we serve the pasta with 175 gr of chicken filet 100gr of fresh spinach and a very rich creamy sauce flavored with fresh garlic ,is one of our customers favorite dish and they advise me to increase the price in them opinion is very cheap (i sey decent only 4.50 e) . Every night i am next to mi customers (i like to call them friends) and i ask all of them if they like the food , way you don't inform me ? I well be very happy to see you again in mi rest like a friend not like a customers. REGARD TO EVERYBODY JORDAN
Wales, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The best restaurant we went to on our week long trip, the food was amazing but the host, Jordan made the night, great fun, very friendly and best of all made us laugh, had a great time at this restaurant.

Elliot and Kristy