“To restricted, all about the photo” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 66 Activities in Paphos
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Undersea Walking is the newest and most innovative attraction to arrive in Cyprus. There are only seven in the world and we are the only one in Europe. Take the opportunity to explore the amazing Undersea World the easy way.As you stroll along the sea bed in 10ft of clear turquoise water to observe the sea life as it swims around you but you also have the opportunity to hand feed the fish. You need no lessons or swimming ability only a swim suit, towel and spirit of adventure. Get ready to take a walk on the wild side!!!
Bradford, United Kingdom
“To restricted, all about the photo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just been on this trip in August 2012. Cost way to much money for what you get. You DO NOT get a wet suit, you only get shoes as your walking on the sea bed. Your greeted by a very friendly guy who gives you a quick brief. When you go under the water your only given a little mouthful of bread not much at all. Then your manhandled in to every position so the guy can take a picture of you. The guy under the water kept grabbing hold of me and he as quite rough with me.

The guys that run this look like they have just walked off the beach, there is no specific undersea water uniform or branded gear that they wear. It leaves you to think that it's not a very professional outfit. If I had of taken part in this trip before bringing my son along, I would have never allowed him to go. I do not recommend for kids and as a woman I was uncomfortable withe the amount of touching and grabbing that was evolved.

Visited August 2012
Underseawalkers, Owner at Undersea Walkers, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
We appreciate all feedback from all guests. Regarding your comments we apologise that you felt unsattisfied with your undersea walking experience . I would like to comment on the following points that you stated.

1. Wetsuits are there for you but are only for warmth, and in August the temperature is 39 degrees outside and 31 degrees inside the water, therefore guests are very uncomfortable and hot with wet suits. We offer them but it is not advised by us.

2. Staff uniform is always worn to pick up guests and also to meet and greet them at the dive site but again as its 39 degrees and were out in the open at the beach. The 2 instructors are continually in and out of the water and they do not keep there uniform on.

3. When you are in the water the instructors are there to take care of you and to insure that you enjoy the experience safely. You are in the open sea and therefore water movement is natural so the instructors are there to stabilise you when necessary so you can enjoy feeding and looking at all of the aquatic life. We take many pictures to ensure that the quality of the photos and videos are of a high standard for you to show your friends and family of your experience.

We hope this helps you understand a little bit more about your grievances

Kindest regards

Scott Ferguson
Owner

Coventry
“Must do trip....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Kids (10 and 9) wanted to go on glass bottom boat but talked them into doing this and was so glad I did. Cost was €45 adults and €35 kids which includes return travel.

Scott and his team are top class and the experience was A1 from start to finish. Once booked either direct or through hotel you are picked up at stated time and taken to the site which is about 10 minutes passed Tomb of Kings towards Coral Bay.

Once given the safety talk etc...you are given wet suit and shoes if needed. As previously stated you are kept on a dedicated route with staff in tow but this does not affect the experience.

See loads of fish first hand and are given bread to feed them which is amazing.

Pictures and videos are taken and available if required, very good souvenir of the day.

If you are going to do one trip, do this you will not be disappointed.

London
11 attraction reviews
“Something different suitable for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This sounded like something completely different so myself and my 19 and 21 yr old daughters thought we would give it a go.
The trip is very well organised, the mini bus turned up on time to collect us from the hotel, and all equipment such as shoes and wet suits was provided.
The experience itself was good but limited by the fact that you could only walk in a very restricted way, as directed by the staff. This is because the air lines might get tangled up if you did anything different.
Plenty of exotic fish turned up to be fed, and the staff are on hand to take photos for you to buy afterwards. You did get the feeling that it was all about the photos, but was still something different, so don't let my review put you off.
Another family said they had got a cheaper deal by booking online.

Surrey
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant experience for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is one of the best things I've ever done. Took my 10 year old son as he loves the sea - I am th eopposite but I thought I shoudl brave it out with him, and I was glad I did. The team are such professionals. They pick you up from your hotel and take you to teh Cynthiana beach hotel for the walk and then drop you back off after. You get a full safety briefing before hand. Special shoes are given to you for wearing under the water. You are probably under the water for 25 mins. We were lucky and had a LOT of fish around us when we did it. You could forget the mask is on when you are under there is it wasnt for the banging noises (it sounds a bit like if you had a bin on your head and people were banging with drum sticks). 2 members of the team are under the water with you - one takes pictures and the other is behind the group (we had 6 in our group) to keep an eye on you all. We were also lucky enough to be joined by some divers during the walk which my son loved. I booked through my holiday rep - it was 45 euro for me and 35 for my son, but I have since seen that if you book direct on the website you can save 25% so would do that next time. Photo CD and DVD package are 30 euros so a bargain as you can then print, put of facebook etc when you are home. The reviews on here say it all - not to be missed - I would definitely do it again the next time i visit.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

What an amazing experience.
I am not a strong swimmer, and I don't like being out of my depth, but Scott and his team made this experience easy.
It was brilliant fun and I loved every minute of it.
Well worth every penny.