“Thanks for 2 good days” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
York, England, United Kingdom
“Thanks for 2 good days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went as a spectator and other half as fisherman. Went twice with different weather conditions, first stormy and boat caught 30 + in total. 2nd trip beautiful and sunny but fish scarcer but the joy of being on a boat out at sea in the sun made up for it.! Staff were excellent , very accomodating obviously enjoyed their jobs and cared that fish were scarecer on the 2nd trip. Fish on fishing trips especially with the issues of over fishing is never guaranteed .both our trips were what we expected and the snack as promised of freshly caught tuna was a welcome plus. It may not be the cheapest but they were experienced and didn't cram the boat like other trips did.

Visited October 2012

“Fishing mad boyfriend had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Treated my fishing mad boyfriend to a trip on the evening star. There's bout 3 or 4 different companies in paphos to chose from and this had the largest boat. My partner does a fair bit of sea fishing in the UK and he said it was easily on par on price and package for what you get in the UK. The boat was well equipped and we managed to catch over 20 fish in the morning. Surprised when we saw the bad reviews but each to their own, our experience was positive and we'd recommend.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Total Waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Please don't waste your good money on this boat. I was in Cyprus for my sons wedding. As a treat all the guys decided to go fishing for the day. After searching the internet and being told that this boat was the best deal we decided to book a half day venture. We were aware that the Tuna season had finished but expected a good time. The trip cost us 70 euros each. We were told that we had the boat to ourselves. Included in the price was a drink (beer or water) and lunch. Further beer could be purchased for 1 euro each. Ok, there were cheaper trips but with the advise given we thought we were in for a good time.

When we arrived at the boat there were a further 3 people on board already! First lie. We set off from the dock and was given our free beer. The tins were going rusty and warm this was, we were told because they had had a quick turn around from a morning trip could not cool further beers (only a cool box).

Our interpretation of deep sea fishing is that we would be fishing a bit deeper that 3m, considering we were in 22m of water. Now considering that there is now 10 people on the boat that only had 6 stations you can guess what happened to some. i know of 4 people that never even touched a rod.

Was this because the others were being greedy, no! there was no fish to be had. We spent 5hrs trolling up and down the coast and caught 3 tiny fish. Oh well theres always the lunch, what a joke. We were treated to a couple of small chunks of fish each.

My adice don't go withing a mile of this boat.

Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Evening Star boat and crew were very good, my massive gripe is that there was 14 people on the boat 5 of which had paid as spectators at 35 Euros each the remaining 9 of us paid as fishermen at 60 Euros each and yet the crew only put out 4 lines/rods when I asked which line was mine I was told none we all shared as the lures were set at different depths? The only time in 5 hours that i was asked to touch a rod was on return when the crew wanted the lines in. My advice to anyone wishing to fish for tuna, make it clear you want your own rod or just go and spectate its cheaper!! As an eager fisherman I was extremely disappointed and felt ripped off.
I wouldn't recommend this fishing trip to anyone unless you are only out for a boat trip in which case try a speed boat it's a lot cheaper and you will get a lot more out of it.

Visited August 2012
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“A money making con. Avoid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We paid the best part of 200 euros for a family of four, three to "fish", one to watch. I asked quite a few questions before booking and was told a "good" catch in a typical 5 hour trip might be 3 to 5 fish. When we got aboard the Evening Star they had taken cash off no fewer than nine fishers plus three spectators. Once underway it became clear you dont actually "fish" but you are in a long queue of people who might be lucky enough to grab the rod first when theres a fish on. 5 hours later four of the nine fishers got lucky but not one of my family had even held a rod let alone land a fish. We paid to fish but in hind sight were badly misled. If even one of us had a turn there would at least have been a shared experience. Massively disappointing and not a good way to spend our hard earned cash on what was supposed to be a holiday highlight. I complained to both Colin and Leslie at the end but they clearly were'nt interested. This was very disappointing as they seemed such decent people when selling the experience.They are taking money off too many fishers for each trip and clearly with up to twelve on board there are going to be a lot of disappointed people unless the typical catch is more than 12. They are not managing the on board activities to ensure that each group get something out of it. A money making con.

Visited July 2012