“Disappointed. The worst meal of our holiday.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co.

The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co.
52 Poseidonos Avenue | Next to Amathus Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus (Formerly The Lodge Braai Boma)
+357 96 677288
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 432 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Premiere South African Steakhouse and Seafood Restaurant in Paphos. Specialising in Charcoal Grilled, Dry Aged Steaks at excellent prices. Relax in our Cocktail Lounge, main restaurant or under the stars in our outside Braai Boma. Experiential Dining in an Exceptional Environment. Come and Taste Africa
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Disappointed. The worst meal of our holiday.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We arrived at approx 8.30pm.We did not book but we were given a table with no problem. When we were seated we read the menu which was printed on photo copy paper and stapled at the corner? We were being annoyingly disturbed with children running around play with plastic snakes. We ordered mains with the intention of having a dessert. My partner ordered the chicken and I ordered the surf and turf at 17 Euros very overpriced.
The chicken was bony with not much meat, my surf and turf had king pawns, steak on skewers and chicken wings. The pawns were whole in a sauce which was a mess to shell, the chicken wings had very little meat, and the steak was chewy and over done, although I asked for medium.
I would have complained if I could see someone was in charge or if was asked if everything was ok. There was no one in charge each waiter/ waitress was doing their own thing. When our plates were taken away they could see by the food that was left that we weren’t happy with our meals.
We didn’t stay for desserts and left promptly and will not return. This was our sixth stay in this area of Paphos and the worst meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
LodgeTA, General Manager at The Lodge Steak & Seafood Co., responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Greetings from Afrika Swansea Prince
Many thanks for your review
Sometimes it is good to view life from the other end of the bottle
For example looking up instead of down
Looking outwards instead of inwards
Trying something new instead of sticking with the old - You get my meaning
I admit, this view of life, it is not for everyone
But it will allow you to find some goodness in all the perceived bad
Like the laughter of young children, to some may seem cacophonic, but to others like the sweet burble of a gentle stream.
The eco-friendliness of a paper menu? To some gaudy, to others creative
The zesty sting of a Piri-Piri sauce? To some messy, to others Flavour NIrvana
The subjective passions of man are exactly that.....Subjective
Bwana Swansea - May your Spirit Animal find you and allow you to view the magik that is everywhere, but seemingly nowhere
Until we meet again my Brother

UK
“Like being on holiday in Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We don't do half board in a hotel because we like to find places like this. The atmosphere was great, with excellent staff. My local butcher does the best steaks in the world so they are hard to match. Saying that the way the South Africans cook their steaks is something special, and they get it just right here. It brought back lovely memories of holidays in S Africa. It was so good, it was the only restaurant we went back to twice. Big portions.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greetings from Afrika Number 1 Mum
Many thanks for your review
You are a seeker and lover of the good life
These qualities are revered by our Tribe and our illustrious elders, who were incidentally moved to tears by your paise.
May you find the best flavours and savour only perfect moments in your honourable quest
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had the meat meze. It was fabulous - a huge amount of delicious dishes, delivered quickly or slowly depending on how full we were getting. The meat was cooked perfectly. Georgia was very helpful. The Don Pedro Amarula was a lovely way to end the meal. Great food, great service, great hosts. Thank you for a very different and lovely dining experience

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greetings from Afrika Oh Smiling One
Many thanks for your review, and Wow right back at you!
Your words please us greatly and I personally visited the wise withdoctor Rafiki in order to bestow upon you the blessing of an Afrikan name
It is none other than Ngancuma
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews my wife and I were looking forward to visiting the lodge for a meal but I afraid we were very disappointed . I had sirloin which was very bland and my wife's chicken was no better so I am afraid I won't be going back

Visited November 2013
Greetings from Afrika Oh Disappointed One
Many thanks for your review
It is the way of the world, that not every man can enjoy the same thing
If it was, the world would truly be a different place
We hope the great Spirits of Past Warriors look favourably on you and perhaps bless you with
a penchant of discernment in the great sensation of flavour
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We tried this super restaurant after searching TripAdvisor for the best steak in Paphos, well we were not let down.
The atmosphere and decor led to high expectations for the food to be as good.
We ordered the mussels for my wife and the garlic prawns to start, presentation was superb which was then matched by the taste. You could taste the freshness of the ingredients, they had our tastebuds dancing for joy.
I ordered the 400g rib eye with mash and my wife had the 300g sirloin with chips and a green peppercorn sauce.
To accompany this we had a bottle of Tall Boy shiraz. The steaks arrived and immediately my face lit up, cutting into my steak I was happy to see it was cooked to perfection (rare) as was my wives (medium).
The second I put the first piece into my mouth my feet done a little jig of excitement under the table. WOW!!!
The accompanying mash was just as good. My wife was as pleased with hers also. The wine matched the steak perfectly. So people if you love your seafood and meat as much as we do dont miss this treat!

Warmest greetings from Afrika Mr T
Many thanks for your review
Ha Ha Hahhh! - Nothing is more pleasing to read the words of a man who really enjoys his food
I myself find my feet moving to the flavourful scents and tastes of my youth
We are all well pleased at the simple delights you managed to take with you from our Tribe
May these memories bring a smile and the appetite of Simba upon you for years to come