“A lovely restaurant, lots of choice and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“A lovely restaurant, lots of choice and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent range of food at a very reasonable price. The portion sizes are a little on the large side, however the food was so delicious this did not put me off. If you ever get a chance to go, order the Gustoso pizza, I think it's potentially the best pizza I've eaten!

Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Paphos, Cyprus
“Arrogant waiter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We visited gustos on wed 3rd of July for lunch.
When the waiter came I ordered a salad and a side of chips,the waiter told me the salad is big you don't need chips,
So I said ok could I have a half portion of chips and his reply was no one size,so my husband said ok she can have some of mine.
It took ages to serve us then when my salad did come it was in a taco basket.
I'm coeliac ,so can not have gluten,I told him this but he just shrugged .it was not stated as as having this in the menu.
So I just had to tip the salad out.
I took chips from my husband then he arrived with me some chips.my husband said I thought we had discussed this ,so didn't think we were getting extra chips.the whole thing was a confused mess and he didn't seem bothered.
They showed no regard for food intolerances and should adjust their menu accordingly,it's a dis grace.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Just too much .....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm not sure if Gustoso translates at all but if it doesn't it should mean 'please stop, too much food already ....'

Admittedly we were warned about the starters being 'big' but we never imagined that two guys, who hadn't eaten since breakfast, would struggle to share a couple of starters and then eat a main course!

We chose the 'Four Dips' starter along with an aubergine gratin and would easily have been satisfied had we just eaten those. One of the dips was cubed beetroot which was bit odd but I like beetroot so it wasn't a big issue, the humous, tzatziki and cheese dips were all delicious while the accompanying sun dried tomato and kapari salad was an added bonus.

We both chose penne pasta mains, one seafood and one chicken, and again both were delicious but much too big for one!

With some refinement and portion control Gustoso could be an excellent restaurant. We'll definitely be going again but will be more careful with our ordering.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fab restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Staff always attentive, good food however portions are very large. Suggest booking as can be very busy.

Visited June 2014
Paphos, Cyprus
“Definetely will visit again !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent food, place and atmosphere. Me and my wife had the stuffed chicken and the Jack Daniels chicken. All cooked perfectly and the portions were more than enough ! Visited the restaurant without a reservation but luckily we found a place to sit. Will definetely visit again with friends or family. The restaurant has the typical Cyprus tavern look with the wooden tables and chairs but offer good quality food and tasty dishes ! It was an experience worth the $$ ! Recommended !

• Visited June 2014