“A wonderful spot for lunch, and the best moussaka I have ever tasted!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Moorings

Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Redlands, California
“A wonderful spot for lunch, and the best moussaka I have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were on a day trip during a cruise, and found a private bus tour that took us to Pafhos on Cyprus. We had an hour, and were 'lunch cafe shopping' when we found The Moorings. We looked at the 3-course lunch menu, and were hooked!

I wanted moussaka, and my partner, grilled sardines. Both were available on the menu. So, as we sat gazing at the harbor view, our lunch was started. First we were served a lovely cold shrimp plate, arranged as a crayfish...tasty and beautiful.

Then came the main course, which was a meal in itself! My moussaka was served in a crock bowl, cheese still bubbling! I needed to get a spoonful, and then place it to cool before eating. My partner also thoroughly enjoyed his sardines, served with french fries and a salad.

I was so full, I did not add dessert, but my partner had ice cream, 2 flavors!

This was 10.95 Euros each, and a great bargain, including bread.

The wait staff was friendly and interested in our story...could not be a better way to spend lunch, in my opinion! Oh, and the toilets were very clean, if you find yourself in need.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Lechlade, UK
“Hmmm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a very average sandwich here and would probably not go again. There are lots of sandwich places to choose from.

Visited February 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went here several times when we were on holiday. Every time the service was excellent, the staff were very polite, from us just having a coffee right through to the last night of our holiday when we enjoyed a fantastic 3 course meal including drinks & coffee`s for around 25 Euros each. Excellent value for money, nothing to much trouble. Totally different to some of the places we visited Cant wait to going back again & have & will recommended it to people..

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Comfy chairs. Good cocktails, a little alcoholic! Very friendly service and willing to start happy hour a few minutes or more early. Nice view.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scotland
“The Moorings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Looks over the harbour area. Had a lovely lunch here - good value for money and good selection on the menu, Never got the opportunity to go back

Visited February 2013