“Don't go there” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Flint, United Kingdom
“Don't go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Owner tells you about 15 % discount before 7:30.but he doesn't tell you this does not apply to most of the menu. So we would not go again and the food was only average and over priced. Most expensive meal we had in paphos not worth the money.

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Becareful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We tried this just the once, mainly because we let ourselves be talked into it at the entrance while walking by.
All I can say is, it is not terrible but not fantastic either, not expensive but not cheap & make sure you check your bill. We were offered the set menu, or because it was quite early (especially for us, at around 7 20/25ish) when we took our table we could order off the main menu & get discount of 15%. Although the set menu had many choices we choose to order from the main menu as my wife rarely has more than a nibble of pita or similar for starters.

The food was okay, not the best, not the worst. But when it came to paying a side salad that we did not recieve was added in barely readable writing on the bill, also full prices were charged, this was pointed out & the side salad was removed without question, but the discount I thought was going to be argued about, but all that was said, is it was because we ordered after the deadline of 7 30 even though we had been sat at the table for well over 6 or 7mins before we had our order taken, could see it was close to becoming an issue but was resolved swiftly & calmly thankfully.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Awful Meal, terrible wine and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I tried this place once two nights ago. We had starters and our mains consisted of a mixed grill for me and King Prawn Spaghetti. The mixed grill was poor quality meat, tough and unrecognisable. The vegetables had been in a pan of boiling water all night and the only thing on that plate that was good was a fried egg, cooked to perfection.
My wifes dinner was well cooked pasta with a handful of tiny prawns thrown in and some tomato sauce. Two previously frozen Larger prawns garnished the plate.
The village wine which we have always had in other tavernas was awful. We could not drink it. I said to the overly effusive owner (or he was when touting for trade in the street) about the vegetables and he said "I keep telling them about that"
The meal was the most expensive and worst we have had on the island.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Paphos, Cyprus
“Wouldnt Waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I don't normally write reviews but last nights meal and service was so poor I feel I have to.

Whilst reading the menu outside my wife and I were persuaded to go in with the promise of excellent food at a good price (3 courses 15.95 set menu)

My beer had a strange froth floating on the top and it only went down hill from there. and things did not improve from here.
I should of realised what was to come.
Starters took over 30 mins to arrive and were not worth the wait. My wife had 3 luke-warm meat balls and I had half a Cypriot sausage cut in to three.

I ordered Beef Stifado and my wife ordered the lamb chops. To be fair the beef was not too bad but the lamb "chops" were shocking. They were cremated and had hardly any meat on them at all.

Now the desserts, I wanted the Tiramisu and my wife wanted the Baklava. We were advised that they had run out of Baklava so my wife said she would have the Tiramisu instead. The waitress went away and then came back and said they only had one portion of the Tiramisu left. The excuse they gave for running out of both desserts was that the were extremely busy but it was only 8:30 and its not even high season at the moment. So the waitress persuaded my wife to have the chocolate cake.
The Tiramisu was dry sponge with a dollop of cream on top and the chocolate cake was luke-warm and stale.

To be fair to the waitress she said she would only charge my wife's for her starter, which was good I suppose but it just put a dampener on the night.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Thurso, United Kingdom
“Best food we had in paphos!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are just back from a week in paphos and the San Marino was the best food we ate all week!!!!

We are both chefs and we like to try different places to eat when we go away and we hardly ever eat at the same place twice.

The food is outstanding, really good traditional food we loved the mezze it was too die for, also the moussaka was amazing!!!!! The menu is very large and has plenty of choices for every taste.

The staff are all excellent!!! From Tony the manager who was very welcoming and funny, to his wonderful wife who was brilliant and very attentive, and also all the waiters were very very good.

I would highly recommend to anyone who is going to paphos to eat here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere