“Nice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Paphos B&B and Inns
London
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Staff willing to do what they can to please.
Cleaning really should be done Daily, including weekends but that's not the case.

All electricals and items to be used by guests should be checked for functionality before they arrive for their stay.

Towels and bed linen should be changed daily along with refuse being emptied. This should occur whether guests are in or out of their room's. I say this as a Chronic Asthmatic with Sinusitis, eczema and a number of allergies to boot!

Leaving London is usually a good thing for me.
I become totally free of all ailments due to the fresh air, sun and of course the change of environment. This was not the case for me this time.

My first few nights at Avillion were quite bad due to my condition. I was placed on the ground floor, in a small but cute apartment. The terrace was large, beautiful; well kept, could have been another room due to its size; but the grass was my ENEMY (allergies) every morning for the first 4-5 days I woke breathless with puffy eyes, runny nose, headaches, itching.

My saviour was a pharmacist who happened to stock my medication which I never usually travel with and believe me I'm a frequent traveller/flyer.
Being rid of my medication even for just one week is what makes my holiday!!!

However, taking the medication helped but the grass was still there and I still felt locked away in a pokey little room.
There was nowhere to go, except for a meal or a walk. That became tiresome and boring after a while. You'd seen everything and done everything.
It was time to venture out of paphos and this room.

(Limassol here we come!)

The doors to the wardrobe could not open fully cause it was so close to the bed.
One door had to be opened at a time; you could fit an arm in then close that door while opening the other to get access to you clothes.i got fed up in the end; removed my clothes and put them in a cupboard and on a dining room chair.

My partner would constantly bang his head on the wardrobe door cause it was so close to the bed when he was getting out. We laughed about it after a couple of bangs although it weren't funny.

Those beds were the bane of my life. The corners were so sharp. Every time I made up the bed I ended up with a bruise.
Their just fading now, I'm guessing the maids have had their fair share

I did ask for a room change and was granted it but a little to late!
5days before my departure.
By then my asthma was rife, sinusitis had me blocked up and eczema had me itching several days after returning home.

Having said all this, Avillion was a nice place to stay if you want to be away from everything.

The bus stop outside the hotel is a blessing. You get to anywhere you need to via that bus stop. Very handy!

Also thank you to the gentleman who borrowed me a large pot from the kitchen, "most appreciated"!

I would not dissuade friends or family from visiting Avillion but I would advise them to do all research before parting with any funds!!
Making sure they know exactly where their room's are situated, and all that should be functioning is functionable.

If I'd known that I was gonna be placed on the ground floor in a corner where greenery was outside my bedroom door; I would have insisted a room change immediately; if that were not possible I would have booked accommodation elsewhere.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Cosy, very clean apartments in a small complex. Next to the road but quiet area within.
The staff was very friendly.
Good price for the quality you get.
Good area between town center and Coral bay beach.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

We love these apartments having stayed here for the past three year.
When Elpiniki was here everything was great, however, today we arrived and they were unable to provide keys for the room safe. With valuables, cash and passports this was not ideal and we decided to stay somewhere else instead.
They were very accommodating with our cancellation but didn't seem to be too bothered either, maybe they have plenty of business coming in.
Hopefully Elpiniki will return and things will improve but for now we won't be going back.

Nice apartments and facilities if you are not too worried about your possessions.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

i stayed in this complex with my family and friends j26th july 21014 to 4th august 2014 as we celebrated my brother and his fiancé getting married in Cyprus, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and it was nice to be able to bring your own food and drinks around the pool. the café on site was very reasonable and the food was nicely presented. we stayed in the big villa which was outstanding with ample room with 3 double bedrooms each with hairdryers towels etc. 2 toilets large kitchen with American fridge/freezer washing machine and all mod cons, the only down fall was the pool lights didn't stay on late at night so if when we was sat around the pool the lights kept going off and not all the rooms safes were working due to keys being lost ;-( we hired most of the complex out as we had a lot of people in our group I would highly recommend it for families going over for weddings, it was reasonably priced and although it was in a quiet are there was a\ bus stop just out side that charge 5euro for a day pass or 1.50euro each way either to the harbour or the beach. I highly recommend the 5euro pass u could use it all day as many times as u want upto 11.30pm
places to visit paphos water park was good day out for families with small children
places to eat ocean basket down by the harbour is a must the pelican near the harbour and a teppenyaki bar down near beach overall fab holiday dream wedding and I would highly recommend this complex

Room Tip: the villa with 3 bedrooms was outstanding
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Apartment was very spacious, clean and new, kitchen was very modern. Comfortable parking and a nice pool area. A/C and safe both included in the price of the stay; however, the safe key was bolted to the front door key, which is also used to turn on the electricity, so it was not possible to open the safe and have the lights on at the same time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
basildon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is our 5th visit to the avillion and certainly not our last. Its clean peaceful rooms have everything you need. In the times we have been (april/september/october) its never been busy, most days we were the only ones in the pool. The only down side was the bar closed early (5pm) when its advertised as 11.30pm but that could be the times we visited.

• Stayed April 2014
west yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great little complex. Had a fabulous time here. On site bar/cafe is good on prices and readily available. Pool area is small but great for families as you know where the kids are at all times.
Bus stop outside apartments takes you to and from harbour or coral bay.€1.50 anywhere? Can't beat the public service, clean and every 10 mins and only 10 min ride to the harbour area.
Great cleaning service in the complex, cleaned daily, fresh towels and all shared areas kept clean at all times.
Busy road out front......never disturbed us. Comfy beds helped. Great kitchen area with everything you need.
Patio area Sun loungers and each room has a small verander.
Hair dryers in all rooms and UK plug sockets....great
Small childrens play area to the front of complex .
A great family complex to relax in or use as a base.
We stayed here for daughters wedding and couldn't have picked a better location or complex for our family & friends.

Room Tip: Room 106. Or. 107. Has a great little patio area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Avillion Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!