“lovely convenient place to stay in Paphos, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Limnaria Gardens

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paphos
Limnaria Gardens
You added Limnaria Gardens to your Saves list
Paphos, Cyprus   |
Ranked #54 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Yorkshire, UK
“lovely convenient place to stay in Paphos, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a great stay in Limnaria Gardens in May 2014. Our group had apartments all in Block B. They were nice and clean inside, functional for a self catering stay with big balconies. Pool was fabulous, sunbeds allocated to each apartment. Nice short walk into town. Great value place to stay.

Room Tip: Block B penthouse sleeps 6 with huge terrace, very nicely furnished and gets a welcome sea breeze!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been here a few times before and love it the pools and garden areas are very well kept and it's perfect to relax around theirs a quiet enough atmosphere and the resort is really family friendly however last year me and my partner went with some friends and also found it perfect! you can walk to the harbour or the beach, catch a bus to the water park or zoo near by and it's also right next door to the strip and a whole heap of restaurants and touristy shops! I'd recommend being careful what you buy as some stuff I've brought broke before I've even got home but on the whole I've never had major problems with the shops and suiveners we brought. Last year we stayed in a ground floor apartment (block A can't remember the room to be honest!) it was two bedroom, two bathroom and very nice and well equipped with wifi etc. However the air conditioning and fridge stopped working at various points and would then start again which was a bit of a pain, the safe didn't work, the bbq had no gas and the key code for the storage cupboard was out of date and wouldn't work. We could also only contact the owners by email although they did seem really really nice! The only thing I'd say about limnaria is be cautious on which apartment you book and where from as some are much better than others and some owners are much nicer and remember these are only normal people they probably will forget something and you may have minor problems but I've never booked an apartment where the owners haven't been happy to help! There's cats and dogs everywhere so I don't understand those complaining about the cats and dogs as I've also stayed in one of the nicest and biggest hotels in paphos and found there to be even more cats, the barking never bothered me either however there was some building work near by which woke us up every morning but that didnt phase me as I'm used to being up early! if you have kids be aware alot of the ground floor apartments outside areas lead straight onto the pool and road and the top floor ones often do not have lifts! I'm back here again this year with my 3 year old so will let you know how it goes!

• Stayed July 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

In looking for accommodation not too far out of town, making bars and restaurants within walking distance, I came to the speedy conclusion that this modest development was far better value for money than any of the hotel deals I could find, and would be unlikely to have the noise problems centre-of-town hotels seem to be dogged by in their reviews. - And I wasn't disappointed. In fact this holiday accommodation delivered on every front I can think of. It was clean, comfortable, well equipped, well managed, perfectly located, and thoroughly enjoyable. The pools were beautifully clean and well looked after, as was the garden landscaping surrounding them. The place had a calm and reasonably quiet atmosphere, although it might be noisier later on in the season (we were there in the last week of April), and I guess there might be more cooking smells with more people there, too.... We didn't bother to cook, as such, with all the good value restaurants available nearby. We chose our apartment carefully, opting for a view of the pool area from the second floor (having no children in our party), and a balcony which did not face south, but enjoyed the late afternoon/evening sunshine. However, ground floor apartments, with direct access onto the pool area are available, as are south-facing apartments - it's horses for courses, as they say! There are lifts for easy access to upper floors. There is plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Bear in mind that, in high summer, south-facing apartments could get hot - although where we were ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We rented Town House M18 in Block J for 10 days in April 2014 through owners direct and it was an excellent base. The town house sleeps 6 comfortably (we were a family of 5 but there's a double bed downstairs so we could have been 6). The standard is fantastic and the veranda opens straight onto the pool side. Rachel Gelder the owner was excellent and everything we needed she supplied as if by magic! rachgelder@btinternet.com
The Location is 5 minutes walk from the beach and a gentle 10 minutes stroll to the town sea front and then on to the Harbour.
I would highly recommend this Town House to young families (or even those with teens) as a superb base not only fro Paphos but also to explore the rest of the west side of Cyprus!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at this complex three years ago in a second floor apartment owned by the same person who we rented the two bed roomed apartment off on the ground floor. (Block E 004). This is probably the best located apartment on the complex. It has it's own private patio area, and catches the sun from morning until late afternoon. The apartment is spacious and well stocked with everything that you need. Everything worked as well without problem. Some reviews complain about barking dogs from the animal sanctuary located several hundred metres away. We could hear them in the rear bedroom, but it was not a problem to us. You hear nothing in the lounge or patio area. The complex is about a ten minute walk from the Keg & Barrel which we made full use of. We also visited the Ocean Basket a few times, which is great if you like seafood. It's always full of locals. We would definitely use this apartment again on our next visit to Cyprus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Limnaria Villas from the 23rd Oct 2013 for one week. The villa is lovely, it is very spacious and the kitchen is well equipped. The downstairs toilet was an added bonus and very handy considering 2 of our party slept downstairs on the sofa bed. The sofa bed was not very comfortable and I'm pleased our holiday was only for a week as my husband and I couldn't have slept on it for any longer. If you have neck/shoulder/back problems do not sleep on the sofa bed and there was no mattress protector. However, the beds in the bedrooms upstairs were very comfortable. The villa has two private outdoor areas, the front is gravel and this is where the majority of the sun is in the day, we dragged the sun loungers from the back patio area to the front gravel area. The only down side to this was the road that people use to cut through, it was quite busy when we stayed there. The back patio that overlooks the pool is shaded, we had quite a few regular cats come to visit us and especially when they knew that food was on the go! However, it is a lovely private patio area with 4 sun loungers and a table that seats 6.

The reason why I have given this review an overall rating of 3 is because of the barking dogs from the sanctuary across the dual carriageway. We heard the dogs bark all day and night, but luckily the day time noise seemed to drown out the noise slightly. It was at night when it was the worst. Sitting in the outdoor back patio area overlooking the pool at night was spoilt by the dogs, they didn't give up. When we went to bed I had to put the fan on, but I pointed it towards the wall as it wasn't hot enough for a fan, but it was a necessity to drown out the noise in order to sleep.

We were told that there is a heated pool in Limnaria Gardens and this was untrue, I don't know if October is too soon to heat a pool? But the pool wasn't warm for young children and perhaps should have been.

Overall this villa has a superb location, Limnaria Villas is very close to the blue flag beach and Paphos Harbour. It is a very nice villa but, the barking dogs tainted our holiday. I am an animal lover and I understand that the sanctuary save stray/unwanted dogs, but I don't understand why it is close to residential/holiday property areas. I found it quite upsetting as one dog in particular was very distressed (if I could have taken all the dogs home I would have!) however, thinking about it as a holidaymaker, we unfortunately will not be returning to Limnaria Villas.

Beware of the key safe attached to the front wall that hides the front door key, it jammed my husbands fingers as there was a button broken.

• Stayed October 2013
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I echo the comments of previous contributors. I waited for my £350 security deposit refund for 7 weeks after returning. At booking I was told it would take 10-14 working days. Two weeks after returning I asked where it was and the owner then said it took 14-28 working days. After that, all phone calls, texts and emails were ignored.

I used Owners Direct to find the apartment initially and complained to their security team. I posted a critical Tripadvisor review, sending a link to the owners, threatened legal action and further adverse publicity. As if by magic, the money was then refunded. The owners also sent me an email blaming the banks (despite the fact that I made payments into a UK account, which were received within a couple of hours, and not explaining why they hadn't had the common decency to contact me earlier, when I assumed they had absconded with the money), accused me of breaking the toilet seat (untrue - they also tried that trick with an earlier reviewer), and accused me of leaving them with a big electric bill (also a repeat, and untrue, accusation made to an earlier reviewer). There is no mention of electricity usage in their advert. Renters beware!

Aside from the deposit problem there was no internet access. The words "internet access" appear three times in the Owners Direct advert and I booked the apartment specifically because of that feature. On arrival Mr and Mrs Smith (the owners) said it was too expensive and there was plenty of free Wifi in bars and hotels. Both the Smiths and Owners Direct are aware that this is a deliberate misrepresentation but, at the time of writing, no attempt has been made by either party to take down the advert or modify its claims.

As to cleanliness, we certainly left the place cleaner than it was when we went.

Potential renters should take great care when dealing with the Smiths and look carefully at all correspondence from them.

By contrast, Limnaria Gardens, however, is a well located and attractive development and certainly worth a visit. It's within easy walk of hundreds of bars, restaurants and antiquities and the popular harbour/marina.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Limnaria Gardens? Share your experiences!