“Best meal in Paphos” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 433 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Bandol
“Best meal in Paphos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Friday 25th October 2013 with my wife and daughter and had the best meal I have ever had in Cyprus. The restaurant was beautifully laid out, the staff were attentive and the food and wine was first class. I had a Creole Steak and Crepes with a local bottle of Red wine. All were first class. The meal for the three of us was 70 euros but was worth every penny. I will visit the restaurant next time I visit Paphos.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
Crete
“A wonderful example of old world charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I will definitely visit Gabor when next in Paphos. The restaurant has a style that took me back to the 1970s, in the most positive way. The comfortable chairs and large tables, the welcoming charm of the staff, the flambéed dishes and the presentation of main courses within silver domes...marvellous. The food is very good indeed and the service fantastic. A most wonderful and relaxing experience. Highly recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“A Real Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Found this last night and was really impressed from start to finish. The welcome was warm and the food was great.

The restaurant is above the Cavallinni restaurant so it is up a couple of flights of stairs which may make it inaccessible for some but once you are up there you can relax and enjoy a couple of hours of a French hospitality.

We ordered off the set menu for my wife (French onion soup, the steak with mushroom sauce and the profiteroles) and I ordered the venison followed by a chocolate mousse. To drink we had a baileys, champagne, water, coffee and a half bottle of the Beaujolais. All this for €70.

Before the starters arrived an amuse bouche of mini open sandwiches greeted us which were OK but not outstanding, plus some bread with garlic butter and olive tapenade that was very good indeed. The tapenade avoided the sometimes acidic flavours and was very flavoursome while the bread was warm and light.

My wife's onion soup was well cooked with loads of flavour and a tasty cheese crostini. My venison was cooked perfectly with a robust and tasty mushroom and onion sauce while the veg were tasty and with a bite. It was also well complimented by the Beaujolais which was cracking 2 year old version of the famous French Classic that grew as the dinner went on. My wife's steak was well cooked although the fries were sadly missing.

The profiteroles were good but my wife said not the best ever however my chocolate mousse was light and rich and a great way to end the evening. We did have an espresso, cappuccino and then a brandy and orange liqueur on the house. The cappuccino was the only disappointment of the evening, possible the worst effort I have ever seen, a weak white coffee with a thin layer of froth, however my espresso was excellent smooth and not bitter and the complimentary drinks including the brandy warmer were very pleasant.

This is up there as our joint favourite place so far along with Asiachi in the Amathus. A real find and a place I would recommending going to especially as next time we will have the crepe suzette and watch the waiter make them in the dining area.

pathos
“Monk fish not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Due to our friends saying how good the food was we went for my husbands birthday.
The food was ok but the monkfish was tough and not easy to cut through, so would definately not recommend it. My husband had prk medallions which were fine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paphos, Cyprus
“birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

we had a fantastic evening for my husbands birthday,as always great atmosphere,great service,and wonderful food,great singing of happy birthday! good fun! lovely staff