“pafian Park” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“pafian Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just got back from two weeks stay, hotel too far out of paphos, rooms okay but beds not changed regular. As we were bed and breakfast we expected cutlery and crockery there was one knife and two forks, a teaspoon a couple of plates chipped and four cups wi fi a rip off 30 euros a week doesn't work in your room free in all pubs. Everyone seams to go on about George in the restaurant who is he we were bed and breakfast and he only said hello twice in the two weeks, only speaking to those with children or wristbands. Got two letters asking us to upgrade we found the reason was they had overbooked. Just before we arrived we were told member of staff had lost job for theft from rooms. We ate out a lot and would highly recommend a visit to cocos restaurant in paphos food excellent and service also excellent.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I have just arrived back from a weeks holiday at the pafian park and we had a wonderful time. Before going I read some mixed reviews but I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about the place. Rooms are basic but spacious and clean, food nice with excellent resteraunts service. The staff at ths hotel go out of their way to accomodate the guests and George is a wonderful man who really does make you feel very welcome and is great with the kids. I went with my 4 and 1year olds who thoughly enjoyed every minute. The baby pool is excellent as it is always in the shade. The beach is rocky so we took a ten minute bus ride to coral bay beach which was beautiful with a gorgeous sea and sandy beach. I would definitely return to this hotel and am not surprised that it has received an award of excellence for 2013. A great holiday x

Room Tip: Ask fr a pool view
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I really love Cyprus and this was the first time I'd stayed in Paphos. My holiday was for my sisters wedding and we stayed at the Pafian Park Holiday Village for one week. The hotel itself is very clean and tidy (a little ant problem but only if you don't clean up after yourself - not the hotel's fault at all) and the half board deal is nice. Couldn't really fault the food as there was plenty on offer. I'd like to mention how lovely and helpful George was! For kids though the food in the evening was limited to chips and nuggets or similar so there could have been more variety for them i.e. pizza, pasta, fish fingers ... the good old British food that kids love - this wasn't a huge problem I just wanted just to point this out as a suggestion. My boy was happy enough I just think he got bored of the same thing. The kids club, whilst the animation team (Krissie especially) were lovely they coloured a lot and could have added more variety. The activities were all inside and ranged from hide n seek to colouring to ... well not much else. With the lovely grounds and swimming pool I believe they could have done a bit more fun stuff like I have seen so many other hotels do ... they're often in your face which motivates the kids to get involved so I think it lacked energy and the disco in the evenings was very short and sweet so we often went off site for my boy to enjoy himself .... Overall the hotel was very nice I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view if you have children ...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Room's very disappointing but clean if you don't mind lots of ant's and the odd cockroach . Food allright , I strugled as I'm a fussy eater , be prepared to get up sharp to claim a sunbed, entertainment staff work very hard to entertain you , staff are efficient dinning room staff can be too efficient , public transport easy to use . Thomson holiday's take over the village for the 2014 season so hopefully the rooms will be updated . The village does not have swim up room's as stated in the Thomson brochure

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and daughters arrived late one sat night at the hotel. The thomas cook rep dropped us off and said have a great holiday only to be told that were getting sent to another hotel for the night! This was so annoying as she obviously knew this. The hotel itself was fine. Only thing the pool was never cold which you really need when so warm. Food fine and I suppose it does become repetitive but to me i think all inclusive is like that but we did eat out a couple of times. George in restaurant is lovely. Entertainment is dire compared to what we have had in previous years at hotels but animation team tried their best. We hired a car which I would recommend as there are so many nice villages to see. Overall we had a great holiday and would go back to Paphos in a couple of years but not to this hotel due to the overbooking scenario!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Just sat here in the glorious sunshine before our flight tonight. Nice small complex, clean, entertainment good, kids had fun and Made loads of friends (11&9) it' s a bit out of the way but regular buses from the top of the road. Only thing that lets it down is the food, can only describe it as slop!!!! My eldest said it was worse than school dinners hence the reason we ate out on numerous occasions. Local drinks are good but be warned if you order a vodka too early you will get dirty looks from istvan? and stupidly strong drinks all the time (un-drinkable) all the rest of the staff were pleasant. Be prepared to eat out!!!!!!

WEST YORKS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Going home tomorrow August 14. The weather was outstanding very hot. The service and cleanliness of the Hotel was five-star outstanding.

Our daughter is 12 and made lots of friends and found plenty to do. Regarding the food the first week was very good into the second week it became repetitive.

One of the negatives about the Hotel was the size of the plastic cups if you wanted to have a beer or cocktail .

The bus route is about a five minute walk and take you through it into the harbour and into Coral bay Which is what you will need to do as the hotel entertainment Is pretty poor.

The service from the staff is outstanding particularly George who is very friendly to all and makes a big effort to welcome children .

Quite a lot of Russians who are the most ignorant race Ever.

Hire a car not from the hotel but down the road it's far cheaper. There is a local bar around the corner called dimmas it's free Wi-Fi unlike the hotel which is very highly priced

Overall it was an excellent holiday the only negative is the entertainment or nightlife which is a trip on the bus 15 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Pafian Park Holiday Village? Share your experiences!