“Fantastic new place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Fantastic new place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Whilst on my way to another restaurant, we came across DOT.

To have an open kitchen where you can see what is happening is bold and tells you that they have nothing to hide, so we thought we would give it a shot.

The menu is refreshingly simple - there is just one page that is changed regularly they told us. There is a lot to choose from and in the end we just had the 5 starters.

The food was excellent and there were some really unusual, but very tasty flavour combinations that I had not had before.

Well worth another visit for the rest of the menu :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nicosia, Cyprus
“A gem of a new restaurant in Nicosia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I went to D.O.T a week ago with few friends, one who had already visited the restaurant several times because he thinks it is just that good. I certainly now agree with him as the place gets it right with the deco (fairly simple and minimal, yet cosy), service (very very friendly all around) and the food.

We shared a salad between the three of us to start of with, a fresh light (and huge) thing with bulgur wheat on it. I shared a veggie burger and a wholewheat pasta dishes with a friend. The burger was an excellent one, as a vegetarian I have gone through a lot of them and this one is probably the best I've ever had - it actually tasted like food, not an artificial slap of undefined ingredients. In all honestly the pasta was not the most exciting one but I was pleased to see wholewheat pasta option in a restaurant as this is not very common. The winelist had local drinks on it, including my favourite Xynisteri one so overall I was superpleased with everything. Now all I hope the place keeps up with the quality in the time to come.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Salads to kill for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our group of 9 ordered some of each appetiser; what a treat! The salads are simply delicious. I Just wish I had ordered the salmon or the beef because they looked way better than my chicken fillet. The atmosphere is delightful, the building is unique and decorated tastefully, the staff are excellent. Directly across the road is the old Venetian city wall, fascinating. This is the best I have dined at in Cyprus.

“Without fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved the rustic ambiance. The food was delicious - great portions! The waiting staff was attentive and helpful. Overall a wonderful experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cyprus
“went twice in the same week!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We went to DOT as guests of two very good friends and we fell so much in love with the place that we returned the same week with our children for a birthday celebration. It is so rare to find a combination of excellent service, interesting, healthy food and reasonable prices in Nicosia, that I felt I had to write the first review of this new discovery. I loved the salmon, the fish was excellent, the salads with a unique dressing out of this world and the dessert (a local pastry with a twist, the 'daktyla' filled with ginger and figs) a culinary experience! I am a fussy eater given various health issues but the staff was so willing to accommodate all my special requests (something again very rare in Nicosia!). My only negative comment about the place is that it gets noisy, so pick a table closer to the outside seating area since the further inside you are the noisier it is.