“Great place - really deserves its stellar ratings” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
free parking on sight
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Nicosia
Munich, Germany
“Great place - really deserves its stellar ratings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The service at this place is stellar. The owner greeted us when we arrived and was superbly friendly and helpful. There are free snacks (fruit, yoghurt, rice pudding, cookies, toast, juice, milk) available 24/7, free rental bikes, a free shuttle service to town (although we opted for the bikes) and also a gym and free wifi. We got an upgrade to a themed room (zebras - all black and white), which was very modern and spacious.

The hotel is not in the center but with the free bikes you can get downtown in no time.

We had a bit of trouble finding the hotel but that was mainly me not printing out a better map of the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed just the one night here earlier in April.
Clean hotel, has free wifi, a little crazy golf course on the roof, 4 computers for free use and a gym and games room.
Friendly welcoming staff. The breakfast room is open 24/7 for coffee/tea etc, yoghurt, some biscuits, creals and cakes.
I was in a triple room to myself which was clean and has a good size fridge.
I understand they have bikes to use but afraid I didn't stay long enough to use one!
Overall a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Staying at the Asty Hotel has been one of my most pleasant traveling experiences in a long while. The hotel staff really go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed and treat you just family. Here are some examples of their generosity towards me that made my visit so pleasant:

- Guest Treatment: I arrived to Nicosia on the early flight from Beirut and, even though I showed up at the hotel's doors at 1000, they checked me in with no problem. Not only did they check me in way early, they allowed me to pick whichever room was available which was quite decent of them. The room I selected was outfitted with an Indian motif and it was spacious, bright, and airy...in other words, very nice. It also had a nice balcony which gave me a great view of Nicosia.

- Benefits: The hotel offers a tremendous amount of free benefits/services which you would have to pay for in other places. For example, I used their new Garmin GPS' to traverse my way throughout the southern portion of the island. I couldn't have done what I did, and visited the places I did, without the assistance of the GPS. The hotel also offers free use of their bicycles for guests (nice bikes by the way) and provides free transport to places around Nicosia. I didn't use the bicycles but I did use their transport system to get to the Old Town and found it quite convenient.

- BBQ/Free Snacks: The hotel conducted a free BBQ for all its guests during the Sunday night I was there. The food was excellent and plentiful. The hotel also offers free drinks (beer and soft drinks) and snacks for all hotel guests at any time. I also enjoyed the breakfast offerings which the hotel puts out on a daily basis. It was a great start to my day and tided me over well into the late afternoons while I was visiting different sites around the island.

- Location: Location is also very good, just a 15 minute leisurely walks from the Old Town, in case you don't want to use the hotel's shuttle service.

All in all, I couldn't speak more highly of the Asty Hotel. My stay was extremely pleasant and I highly recommend it as a tourism base while in Cyprus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main street for the views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Falun
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

the best of the hotel is that you get a minibus ride anytime to center.
My room was not bad, but the bathroom was probably weird and it was no good at all.
Hotelet is clean and has a satisfying breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask if you can check the bathroom before!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days with my Taekwondo team and I am not ready to forget them. I had a double room with four single beds. the rooms and bathrooms were clean, sheets were clean too. the rooms were just the right size, with the right amount of storage space. The hotel is very generous offering two fridges in the lobby full with juices, yoghurt, water and fruits for the guests free of charge 24/7. they have a free shuttle to downtown Nicosia which is about 2 km away. free Wifi. what I enjoyed the most is the free bicycles service they have, they came in really handy, we used them to go have a drink in Downtown at night instead of taking cabs.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Nicosia for a few days or even a long stay as the neighbourhood is very peaceful.

• Stayed April 2013
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in asty hotel for 9 nights (business trip) and everything there was just perfect..amazing people, amazing services (free shuttle, free gps, complimentary barbaque for all guests every week, all day bufet...) I really do recommend this hotel for any kind of your stay...you will like it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brightlingsea, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the good fortune to come across this family run hotel recently and had a comfortable over night stay.

The room was bright, spacious and clean with a small balcony overlooking the busy backstreets of the city. The bed was large and the sheets crisp! ( my husband has had a double hip operation but found the bed comfortable! Which is unusual.) The shower was fun, in that one could sit down in it, which was very useful when cleaning dusty tired feet. It was clean and incredibly powerful and very warm. Lovely!

The Staff and management couldn't have been more helpful; they ferried us to and from recommended tourist spots free of charge.

There is a continental breakfast available included in the price of the room. Although there were tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom, Water, tea, coffee, fruit juice and a mini bar was on offer at all times in the dining room as well as fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt.

There is no facility for an evening meal at the hotel, so eating out is essential. I would commend booking somewhere through the staff at the hotel, since the popular restaurants were full. However, we walked up to the commercial district at the end of the road and ate a very good meze at a modern restaurant.

The price of the stay was very good value for money indeed. The decor is a prime example of 1960s style and colour. Go with it and enjoy this little gem for what it is- unpretentious and homely.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Asty Hotel? Share your experiences!