“Excellent hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 hotels in Nicosia
Nicosia
“Excellent hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've staying to Hilton Park for a very long time and I have to say that I am extremely satisfied for the cleanliness for both indoor and outdoor places . The employees are always willing to help and pleased the guest.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I am delighted to read that you are happy with our service and find that our premises are clean and tidy.

We certainly look forward to your next stay as a repeated guest.

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited this hotel last in around March 2011 and found it to be tired and in bad need of refurbishment. I am pleased to say that it has now had the care and attention it needs.

My room was very clean and attractively decorated, the bed was very comortable and there was a good working area with a desk and lamp. the provision of UK/Cypriot style power outlets along with the European style power outlets meant that there was plenty of places to plug in all the usual accessories.

The bathroom was spacious with a good shower, there was also an additional separate WC which was in a huge room of its own, I would rather this space be used to offer a larger living area.

My room was on the front of the hotel, near the road. There are a lot of very loud motorbikes which race away from the traffic lights a few hundred metres from the hotel, by the time they came past my room they were making a great deal of noise and they did wake me up a few times during the night.

The staff were friendly and the restaurant was of a reasonable standard. The choice at breakfast was excellent with a combination of cooked food, fruits, nuts, yogurt and meats available.

The gym was very well equiped, but did get exceptionally busy in the evenings as it operates as a private gym as well as serviing the hotel.

On the downside, especially for a business hotel, the choice in TV channels is very poor. There was only one UK news channel, Sky News, and this stopped working on day one of my stay. I reported this twice to reception and was told that the company which supplies the TV services to the hotel had stopped receiving Sky News. There were no other UK TV channels, neither did there seem to be an abundance of German, French or Spanish channels. For a hotel serving international business people, I would expect at least a news channel and two or three entertainment channels in each major european language.

If I was in Nicosia again, I would certainly consider the Hilton Park Hotel, the staff are very helpful, polite and efficient.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible on the other side of the hotel to the main road, this will get you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia. Your generous comments concerning our gradual improvements are highly appreciated.

Just to mention, we will soon be opening the Akakiko Restaurant and a new cafe on our premises, not to mention the new lobby and executive lounge in the near future.

As for the motor bikes, we apologise for the noise and suggest the next time you visit that you request a quieter room, as we are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

We certainly look forward to your next visit and perhaps you can experience our new outlets.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wow babes, from the icy blasts of the UK to mild Cyprus and the delights of the Happy Hilton and their nice people. It was only a 2 day sojourn to do some business for the UK which I hope goes well
little time to enjoy the hotel
No supermarkets near by for all those goodies one needs in stead of expensive mini bar stuff
Eating across the road tha the upmarket hamburger restaurant . quite good
I'll come back if price is right

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia and hoping that your business went well.

Perhaps on your next visit our receptionists can guide you to the nearest supermarket, as we have one within walking distance of the hotel with a few shops, besides the other one in the shopping mall nearby.

I am also pleased to mention that the new Akakiko Restaurant will soon be opening on our premises besides a new cafe shortly to follow.

We certainly look forward to your next visit and hope you will have the time to experience our new outlets.

Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place is in general avergage with evident signs of ageing. It really is one of those old Hiltons that the only thing that resembles the name is the name itself. Being brief here are the positives of the place..
Nice pool, gardens, breakfast
Negatives, location (needs 10Euros to get to the centre by taxi), decoration ageing, interior design 70s, rooms and wcs almost strugling average, value for money at 159 E double the poorest ever!!
Try the ones in the centre of nicossia can be that bad

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although our hotel is undergoing gradual renivations, I am sorry to read that it is not of your liking, especially since all the rooms have been newly renovated including brand new beds.

I would like to mention that the hotel is situated in a quiet and high profile area with supermarkets, restaurants, bars and a shopping mall in the nearby area.

With the addition of our new restaurant and cafe which are coming soon, I hope you reconsider your next visit at our hotel and we certainly look forward to your return.

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice and clean hotel.The hotel staff is very polite and friendly, food and drinks could be cheaper! comfortable and spacious rooms! tasty breakfast with a lot of choices. Very happy with our stay, will visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed our food.

I would also like to thank you for considering you next stay with us and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reykjavik, Iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I arrived late in the evening for a conference the next day and despite having booked the hotel through the conference and gotten a confirmation from the hotel about my stay they claimed they were overbooked and did not have a room for me when I arrived. The actually sent me away at 23 o´clock in the evening to a filthy "hotel" somewhere else in Nicosia.

When I told the conference management about my experience at Hilton Park, they of course called the hotel immediately, as the do (did?) a lot of business with them. The Hilton Park reception lied to the conference management and told them I had never arrived to check in!

I do not recommend this hotel it has unprofessional and unreliable service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

We apologise for the inconvenience and would appreciate it if you would please send an email to the Front Desk Manager at pambos.sivakas@hilton.com informing him with your name and if you could recall the receptionist's name so that we may handle the matter.

Again, we apologise and look forward to your email so as to improve our service.

We certainly hope you will re-consider your next stay at our hotel and look forward to your next visit.

Rakvere, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights in November 2012. The rooms were ok, I would not say Hilton quality, maybe some decades ago - quite a lot of wear-and-tear. The food (from breakfast to dinner) was all very good, a lot of choices both hot and cold, the service nice. The hotel is located about 3-4km from the city centre, so taxi is a must. The pool area was very nice - the water was a bit chilly as they do not heat it in November, but the plants etc surrounding the pool were really beautiful. One can only get free wifi for an hour if one asks the code from the restaurant (presupposing of course buying smth), otherwise wifi is 6eur per hour. The conference rooms we used were ok, quite usual. Overall it was ok, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!!! (because some of their rooms have a view of a wall a couple of metres...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our food and the pool area of the hotel.

In reference to the wifi, the service is complimentary in the outlets to all of our accommodating guests.

I would like to mention that we will soon be opening the Akakiko Restaurant on our premises for everyone who enjoys the Oriental cuisine.

Thanking you again for your sincere comments and we certainly look forward to your return visit.

The General Manager

Been to Hilton Park Nicosia? Share your experiences!