I visited this hotel last in around March 2011 and found it to be tired and in bad need of refurbishment. I am pleased to say that it has now had the care and attention it needs.
My room was very clean and attractively decorated, the bed was very comortable and there was a good working area with a desk and lamp. the provision of UK/Cypriot style power outlets along with the European style power outlets meant that there was plenty of places to plug in all the usual accessories.
The bathroom was spacious with a good shower, there was also an additional separate WC which was in a huge room of its own, I would rather this space be used to offer a larger living area.
My room was on the front of the hotel, near the road. There are a lot of very loud motorbikes which race away from the traffic lights a few hundred metres from the hotel, by the time they came past my room they were making a great deal of noise and they did wake me up a few times during the night.
The staff were friendly and the restaurant was of a reasonable standard. The choice at breakfast was excellent with a combination of cooked food, fruits, nuts, yogurt and meats available.
The gym was very well equiped, but did get exceptionally busy in the evenings as it operates as a private gym as well as serviing the hotel.
On the downside, especially for a business hotel, the choice in TV channels is very poor. There was only one UK news channel, Sky News, and this stopped working on day one of my stay. I reported this twice to reception and was told that the company which supplies the TV services to the hotel had stopped receiving Sky News. There were no other UK TV channels, neither did there seem to be an abundance of German, French or Spanish channels. For a hotel serving international business people, I would expect at least a news channel and two or three entertainment channels in each major european language.
If I was in Nicosia again, I would certainly consider the Hilton Park Hotel, the staff are very helpful, polite and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Park Nicosia is only 10 minutes' drive from the city centre and 50 minutes from Larnaca International Airport. Conveniently located close to embassies, the Cyprus International State Fair, the Horse Race Club, museums and entertainment areas, it features a variety of meeting rooms and facilities capable of accommodating up to 1600 delegates. Our 194 rooms, including 16 Deluxe Rooms and 13 Suites that overlook the hotel gardens and swimming pool or the city. Guest facilities include a Business Centre, hairdresser, convenience shop, taxi and car-hire service and free car park. The Olympia Restaurant offers traditional and international cuisine, buffet or a la carte menu. Cafe Vienna serves aromatic coffees and delicious desserts and the Amalfi Bar allows you to lounge in style. The Sorrento Pool Bar & Grill offers cocktails and snacks by the pool. Sana Hiltonia features a fitness centre with outdoor swimming pool, an indoor relax pool and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Park Nicosia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Park Nicosia Hotel Nicosia
- Hilton Nicosia
- Hilton International Nicosia
- Nicosia Hilton