“Hilton Park Nicosia” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 hotels in Nicosia
Rakvere, Estonia
“Hilton Park Nicosia”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights in November 2012. The rooms were ok, I would not say Hilton quality, maybe some decades ago - quite a lot of wear-and-tear. The food (from breakfast to dinner) was all very good, a lot of choices both hot and cold, the service nice. The hotel is located about 3-4km from the city centre, so taxi is a must. The pool area was very nice - the water was a bit chilly as they do not heat it in November, but the plants etc surrounding the pool were really beautiful. One can only get free wifi for an hour if one asks the code from the restaurant (presupposing of course buying smth), otherwise wifi is 6eur per hour. The conference rooms we used were ok, quite usual. Overall it was ok, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!!! (because some of their rooms have a view of a wall a couple of metres...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, December 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed our food and the pool area of the hotel.

In reference to the wifi, the service is complimentary in the outlets to all of our accommodating guests.

I would like to mention that we will soon be opening the Akakiko Restaurant on our premises for everyone who enjoys the Oriental cuisine.

Thanking you again for your sincere comments and we certainly look forward to your return visit.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

rooms bit rundown, cannot open windows, shower produces only limited amount of hot water, food is good, elevators inconveniently located and too few of them, service is very friendly, inconvenient location, generally not worth the money, go to centrum hotel instead

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback concerning our staff.

In reference to the windows, unfortunately they do not open due to the Hilton safety standards.

Concerning the hot water, it needs to run for a minute or two and we apologise for the inconvenience.

I am also sorry to see that you recommend a competitor hotel although our hotel is only just a few minute drive from the city centre; we have complimentary ample parking; there are many new cafes and shopping in the vicinity including the new Akakiko Restaurant that will be opening soon on our premises.

I would also like to mention that there are two sets of elevators on opposite sides of the hotel for the convience of our guests.

I certainly hope you re-consider staying at our hotel during your next visit.

Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed there for a two day business trip. The decoration is not bad and the area around the pool is nice. My room was clean and very good size. I didn't like the fact that it had only windows and not a balcony. Breakfast was great with good quality products especially the orange juice. Staff was very helpful and polite. I didn't like the dinner I had in the restaurant where I paid 30 euros for a steak fillet which was not juicy or delicious. I used the hairdressing facility which was professional. Overall, I positive experience without anything special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia and we thank you for your kind words.

In reference to your room, perhaps the next time you plan to visit you can inform us with your preference for a room with a balcony. We would be more than obliged to reserve a room for you upon availability.

Concerning your steak, I have spoken with our Chef and he is aware of your preferences.

Thanking you again and we certainly look forward to your return visit.

greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is really nice in a calm district of Nicosia called Engomi.The neighborhood is really uptown as you can find nearby diplomatic residences and luxury mansions.Externally it looks more like DoubleTree or EmbassySuites than a classical Hilton as its buildings are much lower than a classical's Hilton, but this make it feel more human size and holiday hotel than a business hotel which is trully relaxing.In contrast it has a splendid conference hall ideal for every business or ceremonial event.Breakfast, gym and the pool are all hilton level but the rates are lower which is a nice surprise for this kind of hotel....I have stayed to some of the best Hiltons in Europe like Barcelona's, Prague's, Budapest's and Athen's and i felt the necessity to write down this review as i saw in some people's reviews to challenge this hotel's hilton name which in my opinion it deserves it completely...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments and for taking the time to review the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I would also like to thank you for adding your photos to your comments and would like to mention that we plan to renovate the lobby area sometime soon.

Again, I thank you for your kind words and certainly look forward to your return visit.

mortsel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went on a business trip to this hotel end of october. This is a very bland hotel with a worn out feel. Location is no good either. Having stayed at another Hilton in Bonn that was really good a few weeks before, this was a big disappointment at a hefty price of 149 EUR per night, breakfast included. Staff vary from indifferent (aren't these guests a nuisance for running the hotel) to overly familiar and unprofessional. The rooms are similarly non appealing. The swimming ppol area (non heated) also uninspiring. Genrally this is one of those places that have zero welcoming feeling. There was also a lot of noise from ventilation ducts in the bathroom, contributing to the feeling of an antiquated, ill maintained hotel. It's also in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I would like to mention that the hotel is gradually under renovations so as not to disturb our guests.

Concerning the staff, I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. A meeting has been held to discuss the issues and we apologise for the inconvenience.

I would also like to mention that the hotel is situated in an exclusive area of Nicosia with a shopping mall, cafes and restaurants within the vacinity.

Thanking you again for your comments and we certainly look forward to your return visit.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent 4 nights at this hotel and in general I was not disappointed. Hotel staff was helpful, except when I had to pay 5 euros to print my boarding pass. I had problems with my key, but they even called me in my room to ask whether everything is ok. I found my room always very clean and tidy. The hotel is a bit outside of the city but by taxi for 7 euros you can get everywhere. Very good breakfast and great spa/gym.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to read that you found all our services to the highest level of your satisfaction. Your comments have been shared with those concerned and continue to provide us with great motivation.

We certainly look forward to your return visit at the Hilton Park Nicosia.

Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sadly did not get chance to swim in the pool which looks great and is expansive. The rooms are fine and just what you expect from Hilton. Breakfast is ok but the outside area could be a little larger and smokers less intermingled. Even if it is outside the waft of someone's smokes across your croissant is not pleasant. Staff were helpful and this was all "as expected". Sorry Hilton it was all just rather ok and nothing exciting to rave about.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to read that you found our outdoor pool inviting. Perhaps during your next visit you will find a moment to enjoy our pool and we certainly look forward to your return visit at our hotel.

The General Manager

Been to Hilton Park Nicosia? Share your experiences!