“Very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent 4 nights at this hotel and in general I was not disappointed. Hotel staff was helpful, except when I had to pay 5 euros to print my boarding pass. I had problems with my key, but they even called me in my room to ask whether everything is ok. I found my room always very clean and tidy. The hotel is a bit outside of the city but by taxi for 7 euros you can get everywhere. Very good breakfast and great spa/gym.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to read that you found all our services to the highest level of your satisfaction. Your comments have been shared with those concerned and continue to provide us with great motivation.

We certainly look forward to your return visit at the Hilton Park Nicosia.

The General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sadly did not get chance to swim in the pool which looks great and is expansive. The rooms are fine and just what you expect from Hilton. Breakfast is ok but the outside area could be a little larger and smokers less intermingled. Even if it is outside the waft of someone's smokes across your croissant is not pleasant. Staff were helpful and this was all "as expected". Sorry Hilton it was all just rather ok and nothing exciting to rave about.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I was delighted to read that you found our outdoor pool inviting. Perhaps during your next visit you will find a moment to enjoy our pool and we certainly look forward to your return visit at our hotel.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

First time back at the Hilton Park in many years as usually stay at the more central Hilton Cyprus which is closer to our business office. My prior review didnt rate the hotel but I'm pleased to say that things have changed.

A two night stay with everything totally fine. Room was fine, breakfast was great, service at the bar was good, sitting out on the terrace at night enjoyable with service still upheld despite there being a 1000 person wedding reception being held at the same time. The reception/atrium area was clean and tidy.

Outside pool is great for a swim and the gym is extensive. Conference room facilities for our event were really good with the food afterwards first rate.

So opinions can change and I'm happy to endorse staying at the Hilton Park. An excellent room rate as well.

One gripe though and that's having to pay for wifi - this needs to be a free service in this age of modern tech and comms.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

In reference to the internet, the service is complimentary to all of our accommodating guests in the lobby area of the hotel.

We certainly look forward to your return visit at the Hilton Park Nicosia.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Hilton Park. Check in at 2 am was swift (late flight). The room, a deluxe room, was very large but roasting as the aircon was not on. It took quite some time for it to cool down. The furniture had seen better days and could do with some love and care, the same could be said about the bathroom where paint was peeling and some parts had yellowed over the years. The bed was very comfortable and nice.

As per usual Hilton's WiFi policy lets the property down. Charging €15 for 24h is unwarranted and a rip off, especially for a patchy service.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful when approached for taxis and spare mouse batteries (no charge, nice).

Downside of this hotel is that it is located in the middle of nowhere, a taxi ride to Nicosia centre sets you back about €8.

Would I stay again? If the rate was good yes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern, therefore, any comments that help us sustain the high standard for which the Hilton name is known are highly appreciated.

I have taken note of your comments and would like to mention that the hotel continues its renovations and we apologise for any inconvenience. In reference to the wifi, internet service is complimentary to all of our guests in the lobby area of the hotel. Concerning the location, the hotel is only a few minutes drive from the city centre. In the surrounding area there are new cafes, taverns, a hypermarket with shops, kiosks and a shopping mall.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Park Nicosia and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Evros Stylianou
Hilton Park Nicosia
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed in Hilton Park Nicosia in July 2012 for 2 nights while on business trip to Cyprus. It´s quite typically Hilton, with plush design and clean areas. However, the staff was not efficient at all. Both check-in and check-out were chaotic and there was really huge line for check-out. It was the time of a big conference and almost all of the delegates stayed in Hilton Park, but the management was definitely not as good as it should have been. We had a 30 minutes delay due to the queue for check-out!

Otherwise the place is good and clean. It has nice common areas and huge swimming pool outside. The pool is really nice. They have a bar in the pool area as well, but actually the cocktails made there are awful. The margharita I ordered lacked alcohol at all, when the caipirinha lacked almost anything else. The service in the bar is also slow, the girls are just chatting and seems like they are not interested in you at all.

The rooms are spacy and nice, with very good bed and clean bathroom. Rooms are freshly renovated. In my room the air-con smelled awfully so I didn´t use it, but there was no this kind of problem in other rooms as far as I know from my colleagues.

The breakfast was generally good, with good variety of food on offer. But again, the staff was extremely inefficient, just wandering around and not looking at you. I asked for a cup of tea and then waited for it about 15 minutes. I finally got my tea after several attempts to get an attention from the girl and after reminding her about my tea several times. Well, finally the other girl actually served me with my tea (it was just a teabag and a pot of hot water - it definitely doesn´t take 15 minutes to prepare this - and yes, the restaurant was almost empty at that early hour). The second disappointment during breakfast was bad tomatoes - there were small flies flying around tomatoes and they smelled really bad. Luckily, there was really good choice of anything else.

There were other small incidents that showed - the staff is not on the usual Hilton level.

The hotel is located quite far from the old city and it´s about 8-10 euros and ~10 minutes by taxi to get to the old city.

Overall, it was definitely not good quality for a Hilton hotel, the service was below average for the price paid and definitely below expectation. However, if not taking into account the fact that it´s Hilton after all, that actually the place was good. The pool is great. But they definitely need to prepare better for the big events taking place and pay special attention to the staff and the quality of their work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

I have taken note of your comments concerning the front desk and the restaurant staff and would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I would like to mention that a meeting has been held discussing the issues with the team members concerned and would like to apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanking you again and we certainly look forward to your return visit.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel, which is not a cheap place to stay, has forgotten that guests come to hotels to sleep. I am on night 3 of a 5 night stay here. The first night the hotel was hosting an outdoor party with live piano music - my 1st room was immediately above this. Upon request I was moved to another room, which would have been fine except that another party - this time for Bulgarian footballers also staying at the hotel - got out of control. The drunken shouting (at times screaming) and running up the corridor went on until 2:30AM & generally created an intimidating environment. Management the next day was apologetic – provided me with a free lunch & internet use - & promised that rest of my stay should not be similarly disturbed. But tonight there is an outdoor wedding party with amplified live music going on until midnight. Therefore it is too loud to work or relax (or sleep) in relative quiet in one’s room late at night. When I went to the front desk to ask when the party would be over, other guests were calling to complain. All I can think is that this hotel is focused on making its money as an events venue with guests not a priority.

Room Tip: don't think rooms overlooking the back are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I have taken note of your comments concerning the noise and would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. It is, no doubt, our intention to ignore our accommodating guests and apologise for any inconvenience.

Please contact our Front Desk Manager on +35722695111 the next time you plan to visit so that he may handle your next stay accordingly.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Park Nicosia and we certainly look forward to your next stay.

St Albans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a total of 10 days (2 x 5 days) and overall found it very pleasant. I booked the hotel at a special reduced promotional rate (breakfast not included).
During my first stay I was in a twin room with a friend and the room was fine. The A/C was good, the beds very comfortable and the shower nice and powerful. The only problems were the safe didn't work and the first morning we were woken up by hammering and drilling from the floor above us. Both issues were discussed with reception who were very friendly - the safe was never fixed but thankfully the noise above stopped.
We returned for a second stay a few days later and were given an upgrade to a room with a balcony and pool view. This time there were 3 of us and this was cosy in twin room (+ 3rd bed) but not too much of an issue.
Breakfast was €19 per person so we used the fridge in the room for milk etc and purchased food from the supermarket for our own breakfast.
The pool area was nice and the pool itself was clean and a nice temperature.
One word of warning - the website says WIFI is free in public areas which isn't entirely accurate. WIFI is free fhen you buy a drink/food from the bar/restaurant. You are given a code at that time and this lasts an hour.
Overall I enjoyed the stay and would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonParkNicosia, General Manager at Hilton Park Nicosia, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hilton Park Nicosia.

In reference to the WiFi, we will see to it that the wording is much clearer.

We certainly look forward to your return visit the next time you plan your stay in Nicosia.

The General Manager

Been to Hilton Park Nicosia? Share your experiences!