“Business trip hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Nicosia
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Business trip hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here for a week on business locally. Paid 95 euro b&b. It is a tired hotel with decor from the 70's. That said I wasn't there on holiday. I got free wifi with s good band width breakfast was average Tyne pool bar served a really I've child draught beer which was welcome age a busy bays work. beds small and hard, par for three course, TV cnn in English but not much more.
Close to Ledra Street which is 2 pedestrian streets which lead up to three Turkish occupied North. You can cross over and take a look just take your passport. Is all very serious! You'll get half price beers and plenty of forged goods, don't buy them! All in all fine for business but I got out at three weekend and headed for three coast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Close to some very nice shops and restaurants and not too far from the bus station.
My room was quite small and one of the few without a balcony, however I wasnt there long so didn't mind too much. The room looked as if it had been refurbished as everything look new so was quite pleasant. The A/C was quiet and efficient.
The dining area near the pool served a varied menu and the food very nice.
Breakfast was included, not a great deal of choice but good enough to start the day.
I found all the staff to be very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for the comments. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the possibility of having you again with us in the future.

Kind Regards,
The Management
West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel advertises itself as a four star hotel; I couldn't disagree more. My overall impression was that guests' needs come after the needs of the hotel staff. I will give some examples:
1. I asked for an iron to be delivered to my room on a Sunday evening at 6 PM. The front desk told me that the part of the hotel that could deliver an is closed and I will have to wait till 7 AM the next day to get an iron. This is an iron-not a masseuse, not a neurosurgeon to treat my migraine- an iron!!
2. The hotel has a lovely outdoor pool. Unfortunately, the pool is only open from 10 AM till 6 PM. In addition, In order to get to the pool, you have to walk through many different corridors of the hotel-there is no lift to the pool. When you exit the pool you cannot go back into the hotel. You must instead go on the street, walk a bit, and then enter back to the hotel's main entrance. You better have a towel to dry off because otherwise you're walking in your bathing suit on the streets of Nicosia.
3. The Cleopatra Hotel has a very nice gym. They apparently offer gym memberships for residents of Nicosia. As a hotel guest, you're permitted to use the gym. The hours of the gym on the weekends end at 6 PM. They advertise themselves as a four star hotel, but I don't believe closing the gym at 6 PM on the weekend is really four star treatment.
4. Almost every hotel that I've ever stayed and has a nicely bound guestbook which explains all of the policies of the hotel. There is no guestbook at the Cleopatra Hotel. Instead they have several xerox copies of the various policies that they have in place at the hotel. This seems rather unprofessional.
5. Referring back to #4, the list of rules for the pool alone, for example, is 30 items long. The warning prohibiting topless sunbathing is mentioned twice-I guess they had a problem with this. My favorite rule,however, is # 11- "spitting or throwing garbage inside and outside the pool is prohibited"
6. The Internet sign in & password were not offered on arrival. Having to call the front desk after realizing the password was not supplied was less than 4 star customer service.

To prove that I am not a totally negative reviewer, I must mention that the breakfast is quite good with lots of variety. The Internet is fairly fast. The pool is excellent as long as you arrive between 10 and 6 PM. Ditto on the gym. The location of the hotel is quite good and I am told that each room has its own balcony.

In conclusion, this hotel really needs to step up its game and train its staff on customer service.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Sir/ Madame,
Thank you for your sincere feedback. In regards to the ironing service it is available until 6pm in a separate room for safety purposes as indicated on our tent card in the bedrooms, however in urgent circumstances we can offer the service after 6pm. The swimming pool closes at 6pm due to operation of the restaurant but Hotel customers are allowed to use it afterwards until 8pm, however there is no lifeguard at that time. Hotel customers are provided for free with Swimming Pool towels and the customer can go back to their rooms using the same exit they used for visiting the Swimming Pool. Our policies are indicated in the information package and announcements included in the Bedrooms and are kindly explained by our Reception Staff when asked. The Swimming Pool Rules are for our customer’s Safety.The Internet sign in and password are offered on arrival.

We apologise for any inconsistencies which you have encountered during your stay. We are also happy to see that you were pleased with the majority of the services offered by the Hotel. We will take your comments into consideration.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I liked the location and i was very happy with the staff.They greeted me once I arrived and helped me with my luggage.The room was big and very clean.I was given a double bed which was comfortable.The furniture was nice and looked new.The bar was a lovely place for eating and socializing.The barman was very friendly,explaining me the places to visit in Nicosia.Breakfast had everything I wanted and the staff mode me feel very welcome.This is a nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CleopatraHotelNic, Manager at Cleopatra Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comments and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to the possibility of having you with us again.

Kind Regards,

The Management
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed in Nicosia for two nights and needed somewhere relaxing and central. The Cleopatra was recommended to us as family run and friendly. The person whom we booked through was very sweet and left us a complimentary fruit basket which we felt was very thoughtful. The other staff were efficient but I felt could have smiled more and were a little impersonal. Charges were made for some TV channel thoughtful this not bother us as we did not use either facility. Wifi required a sign in password but we did not use this so not sure if this was chargeable but Starbucks down the road and countless cafes have free wifi nearby. Exchanging Euros in the hotel was difficult unless you have a small amount.
We enjoyed great room service that runs from 10 am to 11pm. It was prompt and well cooked to a good standard. There was also a restaurant with a homely decor where we enjoyed breakfast of the usual standard: cooked breakfast and cereal on offer with juices and tea and coffee, self service.
The rooms are standard and executive. We opted for executive as they were smart, chic and looked recently refurbished. The bathroom was very nice. The room was very relaxing and that is quite a feat in the middle of a city.
The hotel had a bar we did not use but looked very chic. The hotel was used a lot for business. The lobby was smart and has a boutique feel about it. Spa treatments were on offer and information on local restaurants.

Room Tip: Check whether wifi can be used free Get an executive room there are very relaxing Smooth quiet AC
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The last time I stayed at the Cleopatra, I wasn't impressed. This time was better - I booked a superior room, which was considerably more comfortable than the tired standard rooms. The room was clean, relatively quiet, and the reception team were very helpful. I like the location of this hotel - there are some good places nearby for food (try the local Souvlaki bar) and it's a nice walk into the town centre. They could definitely do better with breakfast - it's actually pretty appalling given the amount of fresh fruit and lovely bread in Cyprus! It's not a 4* but I think it's a good 3*. I will continue to stay in this hotel for the location and friendly reception, but I'll go to a local cafe for breakfast!

Room Tip: Go for a superior room - it's definitely worth the slightly increased price
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel certainly does not qualify as a 4-star hotel.

The maintenance of the hotel is horrible and the rooms are small and not so clean. The beds are not so comfortable.
The staff is not so friendly except for a couple of people there, but in all fairness they were quite helpful when I asked them for their help.
The breakfast is quite poor in terms of quality and selection.
The good thing about the hotel is the location which I felt made up for the rest.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Cleopatra Hotel? Share your experiences!