Firstly an explanation of why we went to the Hilton. We tried to book a package tour of North and South Cyprus, but the tour company without reason cancelled the January departure. We decided to do the tour independently using Expedia for the travel/hotel package, which was just ONE QUARTER the cost of the package trip.
We flew to Larnaka from Gatwick,and took the Shuttle Bus (8 euros pp) to Nicosia. The Shuttle bus stops outside the city. IT IS NOT WALKABLE IN THE DARK- so we took a taxi (7 euros) to the Hilton.
The following were 5 star:
a) Reception -Andreas very helpful and later arranged an excellent taxi trip to North Cyprus- Kyrenia & Bellapais
b) Our room -King Hilton Guestroom on 7th.floor overlooking pool -clean, well-stocked, very comfortable bed.
e) Extremely helpful cashier Phediasc who in true spirit of customer care sorted out a problem with our bill- he is an asset to hotel.
So what reduces its star rating in our opinion:
1. Breakfast at 20.5 euros is expensive. This can be reduced by buying breakfast vouchers to 15 euros- but BEWARE if you buy these you are expected to have breakfast every day. We had breakfast the first day but the hot food was ONLY LUKE WARM-not pleasant. We drew this to the attention of the restaurant staff and to reception. We did not return.
2.The hotel is 2 km outside the city. All other 5 star hotels in such a situation provide a free shuttle bus to/from the city. This Hilton does not, possibly because a lot of their clients have cars, can afford the 7-10 euro taxi fare, or if thrifty take the 1 euro bus ride- OK in week but very sparce at weekends (Buses 116,158,160 go to main bus station at Solomonos Square).
Use the INTERCITY buses from here -very cheap- buy ONE DAY ticket = return. We used them for trips to Limassol, Pathos and Larnaka. Buses were on time and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Cyprus is the only 5 star hotel in Nicosia and counts over 45 years of experience. Location: Just 45km/30 minutes from Larnaca International Airport and only 15 minutes walking distance from the city centre, shopping and entertainment areas; conveniently located next to the business district. Accommodation & Room Types: There are 294 rooms available out of which 19 are suites and 76 Executive rooms. Hilton Guest Rooms: All Hilton guest rooms are non – smoking and feature a working desk, direct-dial telephone line, Internet and wireless connection, TV and Pay-TV, hairdryer, mini bar, electronic lock system, individually controlled air-conditioning, smoke detectors, sprinklers, private balcony,safe deposit boxes, bathrobe and slippers, magnifying mirror and tea & coffee making facilities. Executive Rooms: All Executive rooms, which are 20% larger than the Hilton guest rooms, are fully equipped and decorated to the highest standard, enabling you to unwind in comfort after a hard day, or to continue working effectively from your room. Guests staying in the Executive Wing can enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. The Executive Lounge allows you to lounge in an elegant environment where breakfast, hot drinks and cold refreshments, cocktails and canapés are served free of charge throughout the day. International newspapers and magazines and a comfortable satellite TV corner make the Lounge a real “home away from home”.Accessible rooms are also available. Services & Features: Guest facilities and services also include a Business Centre, shopping gallery with a hairdresser & barbershop, bookshop, bank, taxi and car rental services and free car park facilities. Free WiFi is available in all public spaces of the hotel.The hotel also offers various meeting rooms and facilities that can accommodate either a small meeting or a conference for up to 720 delegates. The Hiltonia Health Club features a fitness centre with outdoor and indoor swimming pool, 4 tennis courts, a squash court, and Spa area with steam bath, Jacuzzi, Sauna and beauty centre, which allows you to pamper yourself with a massage and spa treatments. Dining & Entertainment: The Fontana restaurant is available for all-day dining. Enjoy our Hilton Breakfast, in the morning, and for lunch or dinner choose from a wide variety of traditional or international buffet or the a la carte menu. If you are seeking a comfortable and friendly atmosphere, the Paddock Bar invites you, after a hard day’s work, to enjoy cocktails and drinks by ordering your favourites. The Lobby Lounge of the hotel allows you to lounge in a relaxing atmosphere and invites you to enjoy aromatic coffees and delicious dessert or even a light snack including Hilton Classic meals. Traditional afternoon tea is served daily on weekdays. Enjoy refreshing cocktails and tempting snacks at the seasonal Pergola Grill & Bar, situated next to the outdoor swimming pool. At night time Pergola transforms into a magnificent restaurant offering a tempting a la carte menu with a wide selection of grilled dishes, delicious steaks and the finest wines and spirits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Cyprus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cyprus Hotel Nicosia
- Hilton Hotel Cyprus
- Hilton Hotel Nicosia
- Hilton Nicosia
- Nicosia Hilton