“Simply heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Nicosia
Shropshire
“Simply heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is just perfect ! Relaxing,peacefull surroundings complemented by great food and first class service to go . We stayed here because of a complete hash of our flight made by OLYMPIC HOLIDAYS so they put us up here but to be honest afer a just a night here we thought " what have we been staying in in the past ? " lol because this Hilton in Nicosia really is so nice and the breakfast was well let me just say mmm mmmmmmmmm and the staff were so helpfull and polite making this one night stay prob the best hotel we have ever stayed at !
Well done Hilton and we give this a 5+++++ rating . Etheresto ....

Room Tip: Any room is simply heaven ...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We were very happy to read that your short stay with us was a most enjoyable one and met your expectations completely.

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review which is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cyprus, in the near future.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Arrived very late but was warmly welcomed. The room had some great extra touches. There was all the standard stuff and more. The gym was great very extensive and good quality gear. The breakfast was a good spread. Only down side was I didn't have long to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Try get in executive rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your taking the time to post your constructive review and were very pleased to see that the amenities/services met your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, for a longer stay, in the near future.
North Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was my first stay in a Hilton hotel and on the whole it lived up to all my expectations. The service was consistently excellent, from our arrival at 2.30am after a delayed flight and personal note from the manager checking we had arrived ok (in response to our email to Hilton informing them of our expected late arrival).
I was staying at the Hilton for a conference at the University of Cyprus, and the proximity to the university could not have been better - a 5-10 minute walk. The distance to Nicosia however is a bit more - about a 30 minute walk. This is not a problem, as the hotel is located in a nice area, in the business district and the distance from the town means it is fairly quiet, with lots of space around the pool, and parking. It's an easy walk into town, but more than the advertised 15 minutes. There is no shortage of taxis in the town, and a taxi bell at the hotel, so it is easy and inexpensive to get to the centre.
There is a good choice of restaraunts, a pool with loungers and towels, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. My only criticism would be the lack of free wifi, if not in the bedrooms then at least in the bar areas. For those of us who can't charge internet costs back to work, some free wifi access would have been appreciated!
It's an ideal hotel for business, or for anyone attending the university and I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed and constructive review which is much apprecaited. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the Cyprus Hilton met your expectations.

It is under consideration for Hilton hotels to offer free Wireless High Speed Internet in their public spaces but as yet no final date has been decided.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Nicosia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We attended two wedding events over the weekend and unfortunately I have to say that in general the food was a disappointment. The cocktail reception was held in a room to small for the number of people and the air-conditioning was almost non-existant. The nibbles were something I could have made at home and knowing the price that was charged for this event it was unacceptable! The drinks however were very nice.

We then attended the dinner which was reasonably good for a buffet however I did choke on a salmon bone that caused me to go to the washrooms in order to remove it. Much more care should be taken in both cases, it is the Hilton after all.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review which is appreciated. We were sorry to see that the wedding reception you attended was not to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the salmon bone and your comments regarding the food have been passed on to our Executive Chef, for his direct attention and care.

Regretfully, when the terrace doors and fire exits are left open so that smokers can mingle outdoors, the air-conditioning although working non-stop, is of course, not as effective.

Also the attendance at Cypriot weddings is somewhat unpredictable, with many wedding receptions being more popular and having a much higher attendance than anticipated, which is always great for the couple concerned.

Please be assured that the Management's intention is to continue improving the product in order to attain our guest's complete satisfaction.
Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was there for two nights at the hotel was beautiful, excellent spa and a delicious breakfast
Service is very good

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your taking the time to post your constructive review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cyprus, in the near future.
Shropshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

In Nicosia, I usually stay at the Hilton Park, which I have reviewed -- I said there weren't any really good hotels in Nicosia and, although the first tier wasn't as good as it would be in other cities, it's good enough and the Hilton Park is in it. On this trip, I decided I wanted a change, and especially the possibility of a better breakfast, and so I tried the Hilton. It is better than the Hilton Park, but it's also quite a lot more expensive and the question is: is the improvement in facilities worth the extra money?

I can't quite make up my mind. Service here is good, but so it is in the Hilton Park. The rooms here are a little better, the breakfasts are quite a lot better, the bar is marginally better and there is a choice of restaurants, which the Hilton Park does not have. I didn't eat in any of them, though, so I can't comment on quality.

With one exception, the staff are friendly and helpful. I decided to ignore the one exception -- an older man (about my age, in fact), who responded to my request to extend my stay by an extra night in a way that astonished me. Okay, they were full, but a simple "I'm terribly sorry, I wish I could help but I'm afraid we're full" would have been fine. I did not expect to be treated as though I'd asked him to pimp his granddaughter. I think, though, that that is simply his manner and I'd guess he's senior enough that -- although they must be aware that he is no PR man for Hilton -- no-one feels able to retire him.

I'm left with the question I started with -- is it worth the extra money? -- and I still don't know. But I have to go back to Cyprus shortly and the fact is that I'll probably choose the Hilton again. So I suppose I must think it is. Just.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review which is much appreciated.

We were glad to see that your stay with us met your expectations and was to your general satisfaction.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the incident with the Front Desk and kindly be assured that our Front Desk Manager has been alerted accordingly, to ensure that there is no such repetition.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cyprus, in the near future.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had a 5 night stay in July 2012 whilst my girlfriend presented at an international academic conference at the university nearby. The hotel is situated not far from the centre of town, just off one of the main streets into the centre. We checked in at 3am after a flight from the UK, all was well, our room was ready for us, the night checkin was straightforward and quick. Our room was a good size with a balcony overlooking the parking lot and entrance. The room had climate control, a must when outside temperatures were in the high 30s Celsius.

There is a variety of bars and restaurants in the hotel, we used a couple which were typical of any international hotel, quite expensive but great service from the waiting staff and a good choice of drinks.

There is a lovely swimming pool, ideal to cool down, and sun loungers around it. The lifeguards and pool attendants who gave out towels for the pool were again friendly and helpful.

The hotel is a fair walk from the old town, around 30 minutes, which in the intense heat can be tiring, the good news is that taxis are plentiful and cheap, around 6 euros during the day and 7 at night. There is a bell just outside the front entrance to call a taxi and they appear very quickly.

The reception and porters were very helpful.

A nice stay in a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We were very pleased to read that your 5 night stay with us was an enjoyable one and that our team members were friendly and helpful throughout your visit. It was good to hear that the amenities and services provided within the hotel were to your satisfaction and that the taxi service was prompt.

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review which is appreciated and we look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Been to Hilton Cyprus? Share your experiences!