“The Perfect Meeting Point for the Business Clientele” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Nicosia
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,516 helpful votes 1,516 helpful votes
“The Perfect Meeting Point for the Business Clientele”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I visited the Hilton for a business meeting in October.
For 43 consecutive years it stands as a symbol of exclusivity and a luxurious landmark. It won the award of Best City Hotel in Cyprus for the second consecutive year, voted by readers of the Conde Nast Traveller Awards 2010 under the category of ‘city hotels/ Cyprus, and was chosen for its high level of services and irreproachable hospitality. It also secured the first place as the most popular in the same category. It is the hotel that spoils and pampers its guests. This happened to me on this trip.
I felt like home and I am not exaggerating. Starting with the staff who are surely professionals and multilingual they know well how to make their guests feel like home.
Personally, I postponed until the coming trip to Cyprus, 3 dinner invitations I had in the city those days and chose to remain in the premises.

I had a spacious room (#555) on the Executive floor. Here rooms are much bigger than the Hilton guest rooms and I felt so relaxed and comfortable not only from the amenities found here but the soft colours, décor, and its minimalistic style and touch of luxury. There was nothing exaggerating and all amenities functional and useful.

The bed was huge and lovely just as I expected it to be with huge fluffy pillows. There was a mini bar and just above a separate open space with shelves for glasses, wine, and some delicacies on offer. I found the corner desk with the laptop very functional although I had my own and I spent much time out there working while at the premises.

There was a flat TV with ample of local and international channels to choose from, and one of the two armchairs was next to the side table with an impressive lampshade and coffee facilities. This spot had become my favourite corner for my afternoon coffee when I wanted to watch the news. The emphasis in the whole premises is on elegance and comfort.

The huge mirror in the bathroom made the room seem bigger but it was spacious all right. Toiletries (Crabtree & Evelyn) collection, and when I asked for one or two more I was brought a handful.

The Hilton knows well how to pamper their guests with some VIP courtesies upon arrival. I had a surprise indulgence with fruit and a bottle of some red wine at first. Minutes later I had a plate with Cypriot delicacies in syrup and later some white roses were brought from the cleaning lady for the bathroom creating in minutes a pleasant ambience in this room! Later on, in the afternoon there was another knock on the door, this time I was brought some snacks. (Make sure to put the safety chain behind the door because some male waiters just knock and enter even before you answer).

Guests with rooms on the Executive floor have access to the Executive Lounge on the 6th floor. A beautifully decorated room with fitted carpet comfortable sofas and armchairs creating different private corners, soft pleasing to the ears music, and open for the executive guests free for dining, drinks and nibbles.

The most demanding guest will be pleased with the more than adequate American breakfast offered here. A variety of cereals, dry fruit, omelettes, sausages, mushrooms, pan cakes, ham and bacon, grilled Cypriot cheese (halloumi) yoghurt, rice pudding, different kinds of bread, croissants, biscuits and cakes. Everything is of excellent quality and taste and always under the supervision of professional staff like Gregory’s and many more.

Dinner at the stunning (seasonal) Pergola Grill and Bar Restaurant, -the latest addition to the Hilton by the pool the last night of functioning was a challenge. The Executive chef Adreas Georgiou with the rest of chefs and cooks seem to work miracles in the kitchen. The presentation of every dish brought was like a piece of art. The exceptional culinary standards, the taste and ambience set the scene for stylish dining in soft pleasing to the ears music. Andreas Yiallourides is another asset for the Hilton.

Another favourite spot was the Spa where I tried to combine business with pleasure. The Thai massage I had was so comforting and relaxing, but the Jacuzzi, the Steam bath and Sauna were just as good. I was amazed to see so many locals who are members and come here to exercise and spoil themselves. I consider it one of the most luxurious health clubs in Nicosia.

Internet is not free here, but it has become a standard benefit (free of charge) for HHonors Gold and Diamond members only. It is a hotel geared predominantly to the business clientele making it an ideal meeting point, with just a 20 minutes’ walk from Nicosia’s highest points.

So, with all the above it is not surprising that the Hilton in Cyprus consistently ranks as the international business community’s first choice. I highly recommend it and I truly can’t wait to return shortly.

Room Tip: Any room on the Executive floor!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you for taking so much of your valuable time and writing such a praiseworthy detailed review. It is always our aim to meet, if not surpass, our guest's expectations and when we receive such glowingly constructive feedback, we are delighted to have been able to make your stay with us enjoyably unforgettable!

Again thank you for your most constructive comments which are much appreciated and we certainly look forward to your return visit to the Hilton Cyprus.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed here for one night in the executive suite, after being sent here due to a flight delay. I only got this room as it was the last one and they was reluctant to give it!
Very pleasant and clean rooms, with a luxurious feel and look to them. The bedroom had a lovely bed, a desk with chair and laptop, tea coffee, side tables and comfortable bed linen and fluffy pillows. The decor had an old fashioned feel to it., which i liked as it seemed more homely and glamourous, however the carpets need updating. The bathroom was lovely with crabtree and evelyn toiletries and was clean, shiny and luxiourious with a complimentary fluffy bath robe and slippers to use . The mini bar area looked very nice. was presented nicely and had its own lighting. Was was great about this suite was the many different light controls you could choose for effect-there were different profiles, profile 1 was dim with brighter highlights, profile 2 bright, profile 3 a highlight effect ect, or you could adjust the lighting manually. That was a nice touch. Both the bedroom and front room had flat screen TV with a good amount of channels, with films ect. The front room had sofa and seating areas arranged in a circle pattern-lots of chairs to sit on each with their own style, again in a tradditional theme which others may find dated however i quite liked it, had enough of the minimalist square block theme you see in many other modern hotels. There was a unit with several interesting books to read about Cyprus and a large midi hi fi system that we could use, never seen that before that was great! as mentioned before a flat screen TV and a central music system that you controlled by a switch inc volume control which played music from celing speakers-great! the balcony snaked round from the front room to the bedroom and was clean, but needed updating. You could entertain people in this suite for sure.
the hotel grounds had a luxurious professional feel to it with a hairdresser, bank, business shops and a small supplies shop. This hotel was definitely aimed at the businessperson being in the capital city and had several conference rooms. To reach the excecutive suite area you had your own beautiful glass lifts. There were around 4-5 tennis courts, a large pool and i would love to stay here again-shame there is no beach nearby! If you like modern minimalist hotels this isnt for you but if you like 50's type glamour, brass fittings and a touch of luxury and old school charm then you would like it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a constructively detailed review and we were very happy to see that you were pleased with the amenities provided in our Executive room.

The hotel as you rightly point out, is geared predominantly to the business clientele and is located in the heart of Nicosia, which makes for an ideal meeting point.

You will be pleased to know that the carpets in all our guest rooms will be replaced by the end of the year.

We hope you will be able to visit again, for a longer stay, in the near future.
ΑΘΗΝΑ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Α very pleasant and relaxing stay. I enjoyed every minute, the delicious meals and cocktails at the elegant "pool Pergola", the buffet with a great variety of food at breakfast, the swimming pool, the functional, well equipped and spacious room.
As small details make the difference, I have to mention the ironing board and coffee making facilities and of course the glass elevator which was a great relief for me (as a claustrophobic I never use an elevator, but I felt so comportable in there!)
The staff, real professionals, made me feel at home. However, I found internet charges quite high.
I couldn't imagine anything better for my stay in Nicosia.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for posting such a constructive review. We are very pleased to see that your visit was an enjoyable one and that the amenties and services provided met your high expectations.

For your information, as of September last year, the Internet has become a standard benefit (free of charge) for HHonors Gold and Diamond members staying at all Hilton Worldwide properties. Members are now, in addition, able to choose one of the other 'My Way' benefits e.g. bonus points or space available upgrade.

I'm sure you will also be pleased to know that from 1st January 2012, all Hilton hotels will be offering free Wireless High Speed Internet in all its public spaces.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Cyprus in the near future.
chalandri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Hotel is old but has a very good breakfast,pool and restaurant. Rooms are large and clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are more quiet
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
It was a pleasure for us to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that the amenities and services provided were up to your expectations. The hotel has been undergoing many upgrades in various key areas one of which is the fresh new looking lobby,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have been there in September. The best service, friendliest staff, top quality breakfast and very clean and tidy rooms! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
We were very pleased to see that our services and amenities were up to your expectations and that you had such a wonderful stay with us, which provides us all with great motivation!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your most constructive feedback.
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was there for 6 nights on the business trip. Maybe I was there when hotel was having a bad time.

At first, let me write about things that I liked:
- Swimming pool – it was great to swim during the sunset after the working day.
- Breakfast – good! A lot of different kinds of fruits, corn flakes and hallumi cheese.
- Swimming pool view from the balcony.

Things I didn’t like:
- Internet connection is pretty expensive. For 3 days it was ~70 EUR.
- Whole room was stinking of mustiness and yes, I had door opened during the whole evening. After couple of days all my business clothes were stinking a little with this smell. I understand the high humidity level but can’t they just deal with this?
- Staff organization – when I was checking in ~4 AM in a morning and I was 2nd, it took around 15 minutes. There were 2 people operating while “in service” was just only one person.
- Lift - well there are two. One was not operating for my whole stay (Sun-Sat). It was always crawded in the morning! It was pretty hard to get there, many people wanted to use it!!! Forget about getting something quickly from the room... I hope the lift is working right now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the swimming pool view! It will be much more quiet!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review.

We are little puzzled with the Internet charge of €70.00 for 3 days use, as this is usually in the region of €45.00. Admittedly, our prices are somewhat higher than Europe in general, however, we do try to keep them as competitive as possible compared to the local market and in line with other 5* hotels on the island.

The rooms have since been undergoing an upgrade and this will improve the room's ambiance. Both lifts are now in good working order.

For your information, we have not able to locate your profile in our computer system.

Thank you.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

A very good hotel in a good placement. The only negative point was that they put the pool off-limits (for a wedding reception to take place) on the only afternoon I had free from work. Apart from that, mostly friendly attentive staff, and clean well-equipped rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
mragheb, General Manager at Hilton Cyprus, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for posting your constructive feedback which is really much appreciated.

It was indeed very unfortunate that the Pool wedding coincided with your only afternoon off and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced. For your information, we have an indoor pool that is available for all our resident guests in the Hiltonia Club and can be used from 06:30 - 21:00 hours daily.

Nevertheless, we were pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay and that the other services and amenities provided were up to your expectations.

Been to Hilton Cyprus? Share your experiences!