“A taste of Greece” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 842 Restaurants in Nicosia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: With my arrival in the beautiful Island Cyprus many years ago, I carried with me a dream, to create an authentic and traditional Greek tavern that would focus on the flavours of ingloriously lost homeland of Asia Minor. I started out in difficult years surrounded with dark and desolation affected by the visible effects of the invasion and occupation! Slowly and with much love and hard work my tavern had began to acquire life and took strength from the preference and confidence you had in us. I came up with the name of the tavern after much thought. The idea of a 'commercial' name didn’t inspire me at all so I decided to call it “Kathodon” which means “En Route”. “En Route” to the way of freedom. Kathodon survived, strengthened and progressed throughout the years and is now here after 13 years stronger, filled with love, commitment to tradition and quality that was always our aim. We continue always with respect to our customer-friend! I would like to point out where it says somewhere in our menu, “We do not serve hasty and nervous people”. This means that food is prepared fresh once you have ordered and some extra time may be required. We are sure there is no restaurant in the world that does not sometimes make a mistake and if this happens to us we will make sure that we will do everything in our power to make it up to you in the best possible way. Our promise for the future is to continue enriching our menu with forgotten traditional flavours that will take you on a journey leaving a sweet taste lingering in your mouth.. These are a few words about the history of “Kathodon”, we wish you all “bon appetite” and may you all have a pleasant time.
Paralimni, Cyprus
“A taste of Greece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate here twice during a recent visit, once at lunch time and once in the evening. The food and service were excellent and we highly recommend it.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
Limassol, Cyprus
“Psychiatric analysis included”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The menu also says "we don't serve nervous people and people in a hurry."
Probably a Psychiatrist that opened a restaurant I thought but then I realized the personel were the nervous people and people in a hurry. Other things that remind Athens are the sort of tasty and presentable food with a grill smell in the street to attract people and the digestion problems you get afterwards.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
KATHODON, Owner at Kathodon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
In our menu we are saying that we dont serve people in a hurry and aggresive people , we mean that a grilled food the process to be made is minimum 20 minutes. If you go to any other restaurant half-full and they serve their food in 15 minutes i won't say what it means i leave it to your judgement. The same way as it goes to your home , when you cook you need half an hour or so , aswell as us we make them fresh grilled and we need some time. In our restaurant we never serve something that is not fresh cooked. That our dear friend we mean by saying that we dont serve aggresive people and in a hurry. As far as it goes for Athens with all due respect , i dont care what they do there. Next time you visit us ask for me personally so we can meet each other and feel warm in our restaurant.

Regards Sakis
“One of the best Greek tavern in Cyprus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

An original Greek tavern with AMAZING Greek mezes (small portions of many plates)We ordered meze for two! You have to try Tzatziki and kolokithokeftedes!!! The price was very good too! With about 15€ per person you can eat everything! 5* Bravo guys

Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic Mezze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I walked past this place during my exploration of Nicosia and probably would have avoided it (thinking its a tourist trap) but a friend recommended it so I went later last night. I went around 8pm and got the last single table. Within minutes the place was full and the atmosphere was great! Noisy, lively and exciting. The menu (in English too) was extensive and amusingly written. There was live Cypriot music too which was very atmospheric. I wanted Cypriot mezze and I wasn't disappointed. I left FULL and satisfied and although I had been dining alone, I had a great deal of fun. The staff were friendly and the quality of the food was excellent. Don't avoid this place. Visit, enjoy and fill up!

• Visited March 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Exceptional unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was very impressed by the earlier Reviews on the Kathodon, and decided to visit it yesterday with my family; I arrived there early to make reservation, and luckily found the Restaurant empty; however, this didn’t last long as in few minutes; the restaurant was full. The menu was packed with a huge variety of mainly Cypriot and partially International cuisine. As it was our first visit; we decided to try most dishes by ordering a Meze; it was a great pleasant experience; a superior quality; each dish was a unique taste making it stand out in comparison with the traditional meze served in most Taverns. The service was excellent; and unlike most Taverns serving all dishes in almost one shot; dishes were served gradually; we enjoyed every dish tremendously. We recommend the Meze for first time visitors; this will not make their selection task easier the next time, as they will order the whole Meze again.

• Visited February 2013