“great bar-food in town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drifters Bar & Grill

Drifters Bar & Grill
Leoforos Amathountos 16-18 | St. Tychon (Tourist Area), Mouttagiaka Community, Limassol 4532, Cyprus
+357 25 324243
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 751 Restaurants in Limassol
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: George,Manos & Christina, whose idea became a reality in August 2003, planned the Drifters concept with great care and dedication. Every detail counts! From the numerous unique signs that are posted on the walls to the various legendary posters on every corner of the bar giving Drifters a (local) Southern U.S. Bars touch.Situated on the ground floor of Pigeon Beach Hotel Apartments along Limassol seafront, Drifters provides an ideal location to enjoy your favourite sporting event on its 2.5 metre projector screen.Does Drunken Chicken Sound anything to you? Many of our rich portions have a touch of the “Creole Cuisine” (New Orleans) and do not be surprised if they dance for you on the plate!Alternatively if it’s a drink and to chill out you’re looking for, then the resident DJ and impressive sound system creates an extraordinary ambience experience for all. DRIFTERS, where tradition blends with a modern vibe and friendly atmosphere, DRIFTERS typically laid-back!!!
United Kingdom
“great bar-food in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Drifters Bar has a large variety menu with sensible prices and you even get discount for take way. It is a good place to watch football and have drinks with friends. The service is great and the staff always smiling and polite. The burgers are great and the pork chop is huge, a highlight is the spare ribs, well cooked and very tasty.Definitely recommended if you are in the mood for meat and american style dining! The only minus is that smoking is allowed and stings when you try to enjoy a nice meal.

• Visited October 2013
GeoMic, Owner at Drifters Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your review and as you may know Giant Pork Chops and Burgers is what set Drifters apart the past 10 Years.

• Greek first
Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
“you gotta love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visited Drifters Bar & Grill several times the last few years and I have always remained satisfied by the quality of the food-especially of their porkchops!- and the service. The atmosphere is cosy and we get to enjoy a nice view of the beach front as well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GeoMic, Owner at Drifters Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your good words and review here on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that we manage to keep you satisfied with our service and menu. Is a lot of hard work by a lot of people which I am sure your comments make them feel very happy!
Nicosia, Cyprus
“Great Bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Drifters has an expansive menu, it is a good place to watch football and sink a few pints and the service is very good. The Black Angus burger and the pork chop (huge) are highlights but there are items on the menu to satisfy all customers.

• Visited August 2013
Athens, Greece
“Great promise, poor delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited twice, with the last one being in May 2013. We opted to eat there after after realising Friday's was closed, down the same road.

First impression was negative right away after I couldn't order in Greek. The waiter took our orders in English. Having ordered a burger, I was waiting for the moment she would ask me the one most important question, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR BURGER COOKED? However she didn't, at which point I clearly pointed out I would like to have it medium rare and my companion asked for it to be medium.

After the food arrived, the waiter just placed both burgers in front of us without saying anything. At which point I asked which was the medium rare. The waiter told us they are the same and left.

She returned a minute later to point out that the burgers we ordered were from mixed minced meat (didn't mention what meats) and only their special 14e burger was entirely made of beef burger... AND ALL THESE AFTER WE ALREADY ORDERED AND RECEIVED OUR FOOD.

Don't know about the restaurant manager (who was sitting near by and didn't look to care much about what was going on in his restaurant) but when I order a burger in an American type bar grill I expect to get a juicy beef burger and not some dry slim peace of pork minced meat which I can get in my grandmother's kitchen.

Won;t be visiting anytime soon for sure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GeoMic, Owner at Drifters Bar & Grill, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear "Arkanoid",

I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at Drifters Bar & Grill. I do appreciate your comments and use a lot of information from our customer reviews to improve our offerings and service.

Let me apologize on behalf of Drifters Bar & Grill because form your description about our food and the level of service that you received which doesn't align with what we represent in Limassol the last 10 years. I admit that we have used more "part time" employees that we might have wanted during this period due to our failure to source more experienced employees!

Drifters Bar always aim to satisfying our customers needs in the most professional way.

Just to clarify though that our most pricey burger is US Certified 100% Black Angus Beef weighing 280g, our very own and quite popular Home-Made 200g burger is made out of 50/50 beef & pork prime cut meats and then mixed with our local herbs and aromas. This information is to some extend provided in our menu and should have been clarified to you upon you order and not after when your food was delivered.

Your personal preference about what a burger should be is duly noted but doesn't necessarily applies to all restaurants & bars, but an all beef American patty is on our menu!

Most likely you are referring to me(Owner) as the manager, as I was on my way out I have requested the manager to look into your table as I sensed there was something wrong with your order and form what you are saying we failed to even follow up on your complain. Once again I apologize for our poor performance and for letting you leave with the worst experience from Drifters Bar & Grill.

I wish to recover your opinion about us by offering you to visit us one more time if you like and allow us to cater for you needs in the right manner. Just ask for me "Giorgos" or our Manager "Athos" and we will make sure that your visit will be worthwhile!

Regards
Giorgos Michaelides
Nicosia, Cyprus
“IDEAL FOR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went for first time last December, with me daughter's family for lunch. The place and the kind of food reminds me a lot, Molly Malone Irish Pub and Fridays.It's a nice place, especially for families with childrens, also tourists, the food was plenty and very good, service okey and prises resonable.I tried chicken fahjidas, was delicious, but rice not so much,potato rings much better.
Keo Beer very cold.I would'nt say no to go again.

• Visited December 2012