We stayed for 2 weeks, 25th June to 9th July. The Hotel was in a lovely setting, right on the beach. The staff were really friendly and did everything they could so you would enjoy your stay. The room we had overlooked the pool and the sea and was very clean if a little small. I felt the bathroom although again very clean was on the small side and could do with a revamp. The shower was difficult, if you had a shower when everyone else seemed to be having one the force of the shower was very poor. The temperature of the shower was also difficult to regulate even when the force of the water was good.
We had opted for flexi dine for 7 nights. There was no problem with the food from the Pool Bar, room service or in the Italian "Bacco" Restaurant but we were not impressed with the food on offer at breakfast or dinner. There wasn't much choice and to be honest I've seen more food laid out at my neighbour's parties than what was on offer for all the guests. The food that should have been hot was only lukewarm. Many nights I just ate a small selection of the salad that was on offer and then dessert. The main courses weren't to my liking. The staff who waited on the tables were lovely but didn't seem to enough of them as sometimes the plates weren't taken away for ages which meant you had them piling up on the table. Twice at breakfast we had to ask for another pot of coffee as the one we had given us was cold. They make them up and leave them standing for ages waiting for diners to appear in the morning. No problems in getting another pot of coffee but shouldn't have happened it the first place. I can only compare the food to the Amathus Rodian Beach Hotel where we have stayed previously. The food there is wonderful and hot and a large variety on offer at all times. We ate twice in the Italian Restaurant and found this to be excellent, a little pricey but well worth it for the food and service and the ambiance.
Entertainment is very limited in the hotel. Just a word of warning, every Monday night, the hotel next door, The Four Seasons, puts on a firework display which you can also enjoy but it is very loud and could scare young babies and children who aren't aware of what is happening.
Limassol is to my mind not a holiday resort, we found the people there to be less friendly than the Greeks. If you like English bars with Karaoke Nights you won't go far wrong but it's not our idea of a holiday. We stayed in the hotel at night and paid the hotel prices for drinks as the bars were a bit grotty. The town of Limassol isn't pretty and made the likes of Salford look like the Garden of Eden!!!! I won't go back to Cyprus again and will stick with the Greek Island of Rhodes.
Just beware the shops in the old town shuts up at 8 pm. Whereas the old town in Rhodes is still buzzing at midnight and beyond.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel’s unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island’s southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 291 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Alkione Suite, Areti Suite, The Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite and video-on-demand channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have a CD/Radio player.Wi-Fi internet is available in all guest rooms, lobby and meeting rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children’s splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel’s Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year’s and Easter periods. Other children’s facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelWorld, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Travelocity, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.