I agree with many of the reviews here which say that this is a great hotel. We did find it too formal for us, and while they have a kids club (Anna was brilliant!) and a kids play area, they were around the back of the hotel and kind of summed up their attitude to kids for us. In the main hotel area they were tolerated but that was about it. We paid €300 more (for 5 days) than a double room for a 'quad' bed room for us and our 4 and 8 year olds. What we got was a standard double room crammed full with a sofa bed and another wire-framed bed. There was barely enough room to get to the patio. When I complained about this I was told that was the way it was and they sent be a quarter bottle of wine, an apple, a pear and an orange as compensation.
There is one big problem that is common to many hotels in Limassol: it's right next to a dual carraigeway which is used as a drag racing strip both day and night. Gangs of bikers without helmets wheelie up and down the road, while toyota glanzas with exhausts bigger than the cars themselves drag race each other. It's horrendous and on the door step of the Mediterranean. About half of the rooms face the dual carraigeway, so the noise for half the guests is awful.
The Four Seasons next door is the same, as is the Aramathus and other very good hotels in the area. The authorities really should do something about this. We'll never go back to the area...it was frightening crossing the road with our two young kids.
We didn't like limassol at all...the dual carriageway that runs through the whole area was one reason...bad shops, no quiet tavernas next to the beach, not much to do.
Definately would not go back to Limassol. The hotel would be recommended if you can get a sea view, haven't kids, and intend staying on the property for a few relaxing days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol