We stayed here for a wedding which was being held in a nearby hotel.
During our visit it was mine and my boyfriends 3 year anniversary of being together so I contacted the hotel prior to our visit and asked if they could do anything for when we arrived. Theyinformed me that theycould provid us with the honeymoon package free of charge, but when we arrived they hadn't done this so I had to find an excuse to visit the reception on my own which I couldn't manage to do, so spoilt the surprise for my boyfriend. But they made up for it and bought us Champagne and cakes instead of wine and fruit, winner!!
The hotel was immaculate, the swimming pool was beautiful, the staff was really helpful and friendly who bent over backwards to us and make you feel special. The hotel is right on the beach, the sea during October is warmer than the hotel pool which was freezing but it was so hot it was quite refreshing at times!
The food was good with lots of choice, the lunch time restaurant was very pretty with grape vines over head, not sure I liked the caged birds though. The food at times was not hot enough and after speaking to other guests they agreed, but on the whole it was very good. There are 4 different restaurants in the hotel, but we only ate at the italian and the main buffet restaurant, the italian was great it looked over the pool and was a lovely setting - very romantic.
The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, the A/C made a very damp smell when we turned it on, thankfully at night it wasn't that hot. When booking try and get a sea view, the road at the front of the hotel is like a race track during the early hours of the morning and the view is not very nice. Limassol as an area is ok, but not very pretty, we only came here because of the wedding, so it would not have been out first choice for locations, but the shops were handy. If you turn right out of the hotel there is a doctors very close by and next to the doctors is a restaurant called Al Pesto Italian, make sure you eat there, the food was amazing and the service was fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True hospitality has always been the fabric of the Mediterranean Beach Hotel, a superior 4-star resort situated on one of the most beautiful sandy beaches of Limassol. The Hotel's unique location provides all the advantages, including spectacular views of the island's southern coastline. Recently renovated extensively, the Mediterranean Beach Hotel welcomes guests to a warm and inspiring environment of aesthetic luxury and comfort. Hues of blue and white dominate the colour scheme, which is enhanced with natural wood and marble features.The hotel consists of 292 rooms and suites, which include Deluxe Inland or Sea View Rooms, Family Rooms with Inland, Pool or Sea View, Deluxe Family Rooms with Sea View, Superior Pool & Sea View Rooms (Adults Only), Luxury Studios Pool & Sea View (Adults Only), Areti Suite and the Aura Presidential Suite.All rooms and suites include an en-suite bathroom, a balcony or terrace, air-conditioning, central heating, direct dial telephone, LCD televisions with satellite channels, mini-bar, safe deposit box and a hair dryer. Additionally, Luxury Studios and Superior Rooms have Tea & Coffee making facilities and a trouser press. Luxury Studios, also have an I-pod docking stations with clock, alarm and radio.Free Wi-Fi internet is available in our lobbies and indoor bars and in all guest rooms at a cost. For all guests staying in the adults only, Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, as well as the suites, the Wi-Fi service is FREE throughout the hotel.The property's extensive restaurant and bar selection comprises of the Nautica Bistro (May-Oct), the Celeste Restaurant (Nov-Apr) & Terrace (May-Oct), Ristorante Bacco, Shumi Sushi Bar and the Aquaria Restaurant. The bar selection includes Ouzeri Tis Myrtos (May-Oct), the Clouds Lounge Bar, the Blue Bar and the Lagoon Pool Bar (May-Oct).If relaxation is on the agenda, a visit to the Aquum Health Spa with a wide choice of treatments/programmes, using Babor products, is a must. There is an outdoor split-level outdoor pool, an indoor pool (heated in winter) and a children's splash pool. Other facilities include, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam-Bath, an aerobics/pilates studio, a fully equipped gym, one floodlit tennis court, table tennis & pool tables and an electronic games room. There are also a Water Sports and a Padi Diving Centre. For our young friends, there is the Angel's Kids Club (4-12 years) operating May-October, as well as Christmas, New Year's and Easter periods. Other children's facilities include a separate outdoor swimming pool, partly shaded to protect them from the sun, a playground, video games arcade and baby sitting on demand (additional cost).There are 4 championship standard golf courses, within a 35 minute drive from the hotel. Larnaca, as well as Paphos International Airports are just a 40 minutes drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mediterranean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mediterranean Beach
- Mediterranean Beach Limassol
- Mediterranean Beach Hotel Limassol