After 3 weeks I confirm the "Ap" as us regulars call it is now back to 5 star status. It is reported they have spent 10 million euros to modernise and refurbish taking 6 months in 2013. Everywhere is now stylish and sparkling. Bedrooms are upgraded, bathrooms are great including the oversize "tub" which I love. It has always benefitted from superb sea-views, but now the outside pool has been extended and stretches across the frontage above the secluded shore-line.
The Royal Spa has been completely renewed and now has the latest gym equipment, a full range of treatments, and an indoor pool which is the best I have visited.
The food is good in the main Dionysos restaurant, alternating buffets and waiter service nightly, but you can dine around in the new excellent Cos'altro Italian or the well established Akakiko Japanese. The staff are efficient and friendly.
After visiting for 7 years it was clear the hotel needed refurbishment. There were criticisms last year after reopening in May, with not all the new facilities ready...
But now I and other regular guests are very happy with our new "Ap" and we will come again.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Apollonia Beach Limassol
- Hotel Louis Apollonia Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of the tourist area of Limassol, known as the most cosmopolitan town of the island, the Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel is an elegant five-star hotel were luxury and comfort make a perfect match.The Royal Apollonia Beach Hotel is located in a prominent area of Limassol, just 5 Km drive from the archaeological site of Ancient Amathus, 10 minutes drive from the city center and within walking distance from the tourist area of Limassol where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. The distance from Larnaca Airport is 77 Km and Paphos 67 Km.Hotel will be closed between 1/11/12 – 30/4/13 for full renovations of all its rooms and suites including bathrooms, full renovation of its public areas including restaurants and bars as well as the creation of new a la carte restaurant, deluxe spa rooms with outdoor Jacuzzi, new island extensive outdoor pool etc ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Royal Apollonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.