“De-Stress at the elegant Londa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Londa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Londa Hotel to your Saves list
Londa Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72 George A Street | Potamos Germasogeia, Limassol 4048, Cyprus   |
Special Offer
Winter Escape to Sunshine
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Limassol
Cairo, Egypt
“De-Stress at the elegant Londa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Recently I went to Cypress to relax. I had never been there before and I wanted to go someplace close (I live in Cairo) and fresh. I had no expectations. When I arrived the hotel had a taxi waiting for me as I had asked. The ride from Larnaca to Limassol was under an hour. Since it was evening, I could not enjoy the scenery as I did on my return.

The hotel is situated right on the sea. It has a comfortable modern design, not cold as many are. Perhaps the fur like throws on the sofas in the lobby added to the ambiance. People were seated, quietly chatting. I found out later that local people stop by and relax there while eating or having a refreshment. The staff welcomed me warmly and showed me to my room. WoW!!! A lovely king size bed and a comfortable seating TV area was awaiting me.

After unpacking I ordered a Risotto from room service and was delighted. It was better than the one I make at home. The chef there is an Italian and his touches on the cuisine were tasty - sort of like being in Florence without the crowds.

The buffet breakfast was most enjoyable. There were fresh fruits, cheeses, yougurts, an assortment of breads and a sampling of local delicacies, and a hot buffet that carried bacon, an assortment of eggs, crepes, polenta and other warm side dishes.

I had lunch and dinner there and found the food exquisite.

It was a truly relaxing break for me and next time I will certainly sample their spa.

Thank you, Londa. You are a delightful haven in the Mediterranean.

Room Tip: Seaside rooms offer the lull of the sound of waves which add to the relaxation.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Londa experience with us! It is indeed a pleasure for us to receive nice comments from such a valued contributor. We are happy to know that your stay at the Londa has met your expectations and that you were pleased with our outlets and the hotel’s atmosphere! Your kind comments on the food are much appreciated and we will extend your compliments to our Chef, Giovanni Caracciolo.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to your "delightful haven in the Med" in the near future.
Best wishes and greetings to Cairo,
Jochen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Nicosia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel was good (even though the price is high), its location is convenient and is on the beach!!! Very friendly and helpful staff, Clean Hotel. The only negative thing was the breakfast, I was expecting bigger variety and better quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your complimenting feedback and your wonderful comments about our staff. We have also noted your breakfast observations.
It would be a great pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards and coastal greetings to Nicosia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Londa is great. We loved our suite room, very spacious and lots of lovely touches. Perfect for a Christmas break in the sun. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful - I wish I could say the same for the attitude of the cafe waitresses. The only minor is that they charge for wifi and nespresso capsules.

• Stayed December 2012
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for chosing the Londa for your Christmas break in the sun. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time with us. Please accept my apoligies for the service level in the bar. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with further details. It would assist us in bringing the standard in line with our other departments. It was agreat pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards and Happy New Year!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place couldnt have been more perfect! I stayed here in early August 2012 and I loved every minute, Staff were friendly and particularly an individual at the front desk I believe her name was Angelica she provided us with all the help we needed and we felt looked after.

We had booked a basic room but was upgraded to a suite which was very kind of Londa.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

1 & only negative point was the food, there was alot postive reviews about Caprice but personally I did not think the food was outstanding perhaps Londa can work on this.

Thank you angelica and Londa for an amazing stay! We will be back!

Room Tip: Go for the suites.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Our best wishes for you and your family for the New Year. Thank you for your feedback and your nice comments about Angeliki. We are very happy to hear that you had an amazing stay. I would like to share the news with you that we are having a new Executive Chef and shortly after your visit we launched a new Italain menu at our Caprice Restaurant.
It would be a great pleasure welcoming you back in 2013.
Best wishes and sunny greetings to London
Nicosia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

What a magnificent hotel! We stayed there with my husband for 2 nights Friday to Sunday!. Although we booked a double room we were upgraded to a sea side view mini suite! The hotel was great, quiet even though there were a lot of people staying there, coming for coffee and dinner at the hotel's bar restaurant (it is one of the most popular in Limassol). On Saturday night we returned to the hotel and couldn't find a parking spot so we were given a token to use the one on the opposite side on the road. Breakfast was excellent, I think it covered all tastes and the one thing that made an impression was the "Cypriot corner" full with local products. I had an excellent birthday weekend and we are definately returning to this hotel for inland vacation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for staying at the Londa and for your magnificent comments. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed an excellent birthday week-end with us. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Merry Christmas to Nikosia,
Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Thank you for a wonderful stay - our 10 year anniversary was made extra special - the room was splendid, the staff excellent and the restuarant superb. A perfect stay - thank you to all, it was very appreciated.

Room Tip: Sea view suite is a must!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Londa for your celebrations. We are delighted that you had a memorable anniversary with us. We wish you all the best for the many more years to come.
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Hotel was as good as the advert. We had an automatic upgrade to a side sea view suite, unfortunately to see the sea you had to look at right angles between the Hotel and a block of flats so the view was rubbish and the balcony unusable, but the suite was great and if you wanted to see the sea sit by the pool or in the bar.
The only other down side to the Hotel is the TV, the only English channels are the news, pity.
The Bar, Restaurant, Rooms and staff at the Londa are all wonderful and nothing is too much trouble.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Hotel for my Birthday cake which was left in my room on my Birthday, nice touch.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view get full front NOT side sea view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying at the Londa and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you had a fantastic holiday. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards and sunny greetings to London.
Jochen

Been to Londa Hotel? Share your experiences!