“Fabulous experience - will be back again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St Raphael Resort

Save Saved
You added St Raphael Resort to your Saves list
St Raphael Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   502 Amathus Avenue | P.O.Box 51064, Limassol 3594, Cyprus   |
Special Offer
10% Off + FREE WiFi
Ranked #11 of 60 hotels in Limassol
Limassol, Cyprus
“Fabulous experience - will be back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went here for a family mini break in mid February. Although the furniture in the reception area could be updated as it looks rather worn, the hotel itself is very clean and eye pleasing. The rooms were fabulous and a good size, my boys loved the bunk beds!
The spa was fab, and the gym equipment was also ideal (along with sauna, steam room and pool!). Very clean and well decorated.
The food was fantastic, best food we've had at any hotel. I'm a really fussy eater particularly when it comes to meat, however, St Raphael offered a great selection of quality meat ranging from duck, gammon, salmon (and other fish), beef, chicken....the list continues. It was also good to see that the food choice also included healthy options rather than simply deep fried or covered in oil, which most hotels offer. The themed nights were a great chance to sample a variety of meals.
The only disappointment for us was the Captains Bar. Although the drinks selection was very good, it was unpleasant for us to have to sit and drink in the reception area as children under 12 years are not allowed in the Bar area. There was no other location for us to sit other than outside in the windy and cold weather.
The kids club is fantastic. At first i was very cautious about letting my boys go but they had a great time doing different activities and burning off energy. It was good to see how they like the kids entertainer Sergi, and how well he interacted with them. It was a shame it was closed on Sunday as they really wanted to go back.
The staff were also curtious and made an effort to speak with us on numerous occasions and made a fuss of our boys.
Loved this break and will be heading back very soon :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
straphaelresort, Director of Sales at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy to read that we can expect to welcome you and your family back to our hotel soon. We were so happy to read that you had such a pleasant stay. You may be pleased to know that this past month we have been completing the first phase of our lobby renovation (changed part of the lobby floor and renovated the Captain's Bar and bar-lobby area) and the finishing decorative touches and furniture will be added this coming month. Next winter, we plan to re-do the lobby area completely. For month by month information, please do register for our newsletter.
We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our executive chef and also to Sergy, our animator and kids club supervisor. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the near future and send you our warmest regards from all the team,

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 weeks in late Jan 13 to early Feb 13.
Before I left I read some of the trip advisors reports and was very concerned with some. Let’s make it clear I am honest we my feedback and will not hide the truth.
Having stayed 3 weeks I was very impressed with the hotel, food, amenities and location. Majority of negative feedback on trip advisors was not observed or experienced by myself.
The hotel is a 5 star rated, shall we say for Cyprus but probably a good 4 star at home in the UK, a lot of UK guest were commenting about this and I do agree with this.
The room I had a spectacular view of boats, sea and in and I was on the end however found the traffic bad a times, as hotel staff informed me boy racers like to use this road as a racetrack at night. The bed was very comfortable and the room very spacious with satellite TV free safe and coffee making facilities. The only down part of the room was only the plug socket was low down away from the bed and tables, I was glad I brought my extension lead with me. The bathroom was big with good facilities. The room was cleaned daily but did find cleaned to different standards from good to a quick clean. One night I observed a cockroach in my room and the night staffs were very helpful and sorted the problem.
I was on all-inclusive and the breakfast was ok however going in late in the sitting you had to wait for a table and some days coffee was not offered to me, on 4 occasions I went down for breakfast and the tables were very dirty and not cleared, yet each member of staff was doing something some maybe a management issue needing more staff, a staff member did comment a lot of staff were made to take holiday. The lunch and dinner were buffet and all food was very nice, I am the pickiest eater going and there was always something for me or they would get me pasta etc what was very good on the staff.
The staff were very friendly and seemed like they genuinely cared, lots of hotels, the charm is fake to get the money, I was out a couple of days in the resort and 2 staff come up to me to see if I was ok, excellent customer care. I normally give a special mention to the best staff but this would be hard as they all seemed to be amazing. I was very uneasy with one member of staffs request that I put in an good comments about them as the management need to see this.
The swimming pool was very clean and warm and as a leisure consultant by trade would recommended these, sauna, steam room and spa bath what was nice. A gym and treatments were also available, I did not take part in.
A disadvantage to the hotel was location as it was a few km to the centre however there was a regular bus service every 15 mins for 1 euro each way. There was local bars, restaurants and shops however some closed early or were not open due to time of year.
The hotel had an entertainment programme what was run by a nice gentleman and he did his best with bingo, quizzes, archery, bowls, darts, outside visits.
The hotel had some renovations working going on and during the day and evening was a little noisy. However it was good to see the improvements and the management caring to do this.

On week 2 of my holiday we had a group of overseas sports group arrive, they reminded me of an 18 to 30 group majority being very noisy at nights, pushing in and generally rude. I did mention to the hotel about this and had the remark they come over 4 times a year they are part of our family.
The hotel swimming pool was given to them for exclusive use on several occasions without any notice to us. A small group were a disgrace in the pool, pushing, diving, flipping etc I was surprised no one injured themself, the staff did not do anything at one point spa attendant lady was watching them and laughing at them.
The hotel allowed children what is always good, as long as they respect the adults at the hotel, however on several occasions the hotel allowed the children to run around in the bar and restaurant and nothing was done about it.
Overall I did really enjoy my 3 weeks and would return to the hotel. Many thanks to all staff at the hotel and management for making it an amazing holiday. I hope these comments will be used to improve the guest experience.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms that have road noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your detailed review. We really appreciate all feedback and are very happy that you would like to return and that you had such high praise for our staff. We have taken all your comments very seriously and noted them in our recent Head of Department meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you all the very best in the meantime. Kind regards,
hexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Excellent hotel - clean, comfortable, well equipped and furnished. Excellent staff, good food with plenty of choice. Lovely spa facilities include free use of the pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room, spacious changing room with hot showers, and well-equipped gym, although we found treatments rather expensive.
Located to the quiet east of Limassol, it has a marina, private beach and lovely grounds. Many seating areas both inside and out, sunny, shaded, or sheltered.
Bedroom was spacious, loads of storage, table and chairs in a little bay as well as outside on the balcony. Well maintained and regularly cleaned. We wanted for nothing.
On our last day, after checking out at 12, we were waiting in the lobby for our pick up, scheduled for 7pm. We were amazed and delighted when staff brought us plates of pies, cakes, coffee and muffins at about 5.30pm.
First class service. Well deserves its accolades and awards.

Room Tip: west facing have lovely views of the sea, and fabulous sunsets. 6th (top) floor affords great views...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 'MagicGranny1' (we love your screen-name!), thank you very much for your lovely words. We really appreciate your feedback and finding the time to share your experience with others on the internet. We hope to welcome you back very soon and send you our warmest greetings from Sunny Cyprus. Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went here for a family holiday, and I must say it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on!
The rooms are really clean and very nice. Food is amazing! If in the buffet there is nothing you want/can't eat, if you ask the chef he will make you a very nice dish.
The facilities are great! If you are all inclusive you can go kayaking and use the pedal boats all you want! The other water sports are also really great! (not even that expensive!)
There is a great diving school right by too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear 'SamSam_75_13', thank you very much for finding the time to share your wonderful summer experience. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our award winning resort and are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and also the food and water-sports. Hope to see you again this coming summer. Best regards,
cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very good hotel.Outside of Limassol but if you have a car there is not a problem.. Bus stop just outside hotel with bus service every 15-20 min into Limmasol
The room was nice and clean.
On plus side lovely spacious gardens and right on beach
Very good staff.

Room Tip: The rooms with marina view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MarinosCyprus, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback and do hope to welcome you back to our award winning resort soon. Best Regards,
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Amazing 7 days all inclusive holiday, from 22.01.13 till 29.01.13. From the time we, I and my wife, arrived, we were treated like a royal family. The check in was very smooth and very quick. The bell boy was polity and pleasant. The room was very clean and very fresh. Everything one needed was there (dressing gown, slippers, toiletries, tea-coffee facilities, safe free of charge). Only you need to pay for mini bar. You got bottles of water everyday for free. I am allergic to feather bedding, but no problem, it was changed in no time. If you allergic, you need to request before you arrive. Staff at the reception a very helpful and kind. And, now, about the meal. Breakfast: a wild range of everything you can think off and free champagne too. Lunch: you had different dishes everyday and all of them are delicious. Dinner time: you have several dishes, which were presented and very testy. The chef of this hotel is one of the best in the world, we have travel the world and we have seen only a handful of chefs like this quality. You can use the sauna and steam room for free. We booked our trip with Mercury direct and it was very pleasant all the way true. The transfer from airport to hotel and return all in time. The representative was very helpful, because it was off season period, she arranged for us very special excursion.
We recommended this hotel to all of you travelling to Cyprus. Value for money holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor. It was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
straphaelresort, Director of Sales at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Charles D,
Thank you so much for finding the time to share you experience with others and we are so glad that you had such a lovely time with us. Our aim is always to please and provide the best service and highest value for money possible. We do hope to welcome you back in the very near future. Our warmest regards,
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

One of the best i have been too
brillant hotels great all round
rooms were also very good and food and drinks were of another planet
cocktails made from fresh good local fruit and best named brand drinks served
staff were lovely
short cab ride away from local markets and resturants

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
straphaelresort, Director of Sales at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Jason S, Many thanks for your complimentary review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the very near future. Our warmest regards,

Been to St Raphael Resort? Share your experiences!