“Not what it seems” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 60 hotels in Limassol
Moscow, Russia
“Not what it seems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for 10 days and it's been a major shock to me to find that it has nothing to do with world-famous Four Seasons chain. Of course that's my fault for not being attentive enough to figure it out before going there.

But, there are some decent impressions I got from this hotel,

1. Free Sauna, Steam bath in the hotel
2. Teapot in the room
3. Jaccuzzi in the room
4. Free fast wi-fi
5. Great breakfast choice, especially oat porridge, simply brilliant (really miss it at home)
6. Crystal clear blue flag beach (pitty there was strong wind and reconstruction most of the days we stayed)
7. Free artificial grass-sand (i suppose that's how it's called) tennis courts (again wind was a problem, but not all the time)
8. Good Shiseido Spa (not free obviously, but they make discounts at times)
9. Fast technical problems solving (your issue will be fixed within 10-15 minutes)

It would be paradise if only there weren't those problems:
1. Strangely-looking women walking and staying in the hotel (guest's prostitutes most likely)
2. Approximately 50 % of stuff was impolite and couldn't care less about your presence
3. Bad sound insulation (even on the inner side, between neighborh rooms)
4. Stuff coming to your room 4-8 times a day (checking minibar even if you no using it, etc)
5. Over aged furniture
6. Over price restaurants and cafe colors, worst mojito (so little amount of mint you can barely see it) in my life costing around 12 euro)
7. I had a birthday during our stay (with my girlfriend) and hotel generously brought me cheap, miserable cake (worst birthday cake in my life)
8. asked the reception man if I can have any kind of bonus or discount for having my birthday during stay, and he answered that cake it's the only thing that will be done (it could have been tasty at least, but no, it was horrible - that's the only impression out of their "gift")

So, judge by yourself is this hotel-fantom worth visiting, but I wouldn't come here again in foreseeable future if anytime at all. Managed to have some nice moments despite hotel's system.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NickAristou, Executive Director at Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay with us in February this year. Our hotel is independently owned and operated and has been under the same ownership since it first opened its doors 20 years ago, during this time the hotel has undergone several renovations and is constantly upgraded each year. I am very pleased that you found so many positive aspects that you enjoyed during your stay with us, but equally disappointed that there were some things not to your liking and would like to express my sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have perceived in our standards of service or facilities. February is usually our least busy month and this year we were upgrading our beach area at that time, it now has space for more umbrellas and sunbeds and a beautiful new renovated promenade extending out into the sea with palm trees and paving.
I read your comment about our staff with great surprise! Our people are our greatest asset and almost everyone of our guests comments positively to that effect. I find it difficult to even pinpoint one of our staff that would be impolite to our guests, let alone the number you mention, our staff is what has made our hotel what it is today and we invest a lot of time and effort into ensuring they are the best at what they do. I do hope that all things considered you will decide to revisit the hotel in the future, many thanks and best regards.
Nick Aristou
Executive Director
Four Seasons Cyprus.

985 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 9 day stay at this wonderful hotel. We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary by booking a meal at the Vivaldi restaurant and Julia one of the hotels receptionists organised for a wonderful cake to be presented. We cannot speak more highly of the staff in all areas but we would like to give a special thank you to Patrick who looks after the guests so well at the Adult Pool, Alexis & team at the front, Michalis in the Colours Bar, George in the Vista Bar, the list is endless so our apologies if we haven't mentioned you. We were so impressed ( as usual ) we booked again for next June before we left the hotel.

Room Tip: We opted for a Garden Studio 2nd floor after viewing it last year, the room is wonderful also the ba...
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had a good think about this. Didn't want other people to know about this gem but with Cyprus economy in recession I feel I should help promote their tourism. Been coming in this hotel nearly every year and can never fault it. Everything is taken care of. Service is 5 star and food is exquisite. True it's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Main hotel and with sea view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went for a trip to Limassol. We were told to stay in the Four Seasons as it is one of the best. After a 4 days stay, we can confirm that it is not one of the best but simply the best on the island.
Everything was really perfect and could not be better. We've had a great experience.
We would like to thank the management and all the staff.
We will do it again for sure.
Marie-Ange & Chadi Frangieh

Room Tip: The garden studio was GREAT. It is in a quiet and wonderful area that every couple needs :)))))
SW London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my wife at the end of February beginning of March and loved every minute of our stay here. Its a great time of year to visit Cyprus.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel to the moment we left, all of the hotel staff made us so welcome and were happy to help and cater to all our needs. There is a lot of attention to detail, not just about the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms, which were all spotless, but to their guests. We were always greeted, promptly served in the bars and restaurants and more importantly, the smiles and welcomes did not look forced or insincere. For example, whilst we were checking in, the receptionist noticed where we were from, and he asked if we liked football? As we did, he told us that they were showing a live game in the bar at that time and said that they would take care of the luggage if we wanted to go and watch the game.

The waiters and waitresses in the restaurants were really attentive and the cook on duty at breakfast looked really happy to cook whatever type of egg / omelette you wanted. We only dined in the Cafe Tropical a couple of times in addition to breakfast, as we went out on several trips to explore this lovely island, but the quality of the food on offer on the international buffet was fantastic. A few times we had lunch on the terrace and again, good food and excellent service.

The room we had was on the 5th floor and it was ideal. We had a great view of the sea and although we were on the corner, it was quiet, we couldn't hear the traffic. The huge bed was really comfortable, and as we had gone for a relaxing time in the sunshine, we certainly got that.

I'm glad so many other guests rated this hotel so highly as it influenced my choice... now I have been here and experienced it for myself, I know why I'll be back again soon.

Room Tip: I think that the corner suites are large and sunny, but can also get some of the road noise, but the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

How this hotel presents such amazing functions is a miracle. We attended an exclusive BBQ last night - it was just superb. The salad bar - such a choice - and the BBQ'd meat and fish was out of this world - I over dosed on the angus beef and chicken - and the desserts were a work of art. We left at around midnight well satisfied, breakfast tables were all set ready for the morning, and you couldn't help thinking after breakfast is their ever popular Marco Polo buffet lunch that needed setting up within a couple of hours - how do they do it? A superbly efficient run hotel that never fails to please. We just love it!

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was at the Four Seasons in '93 and '94....back again in 2013...it was excellent then and it is still now, some things have changed (room interior), but basically it is still the same as it was 20 years ago. Service was impeccable, rooms also, pool, restaurants, everything is well worth the excellent rating. For a week Holliday at 30 degrees, I cannot think of a better alternative.

Room Tip: Choose seaside rooms
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Four Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!