“It comes First in our Hearts and Charts – Nothing Beats the Four Seasons!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 57222 | Ag. Tychonas, Limassol 3313, Cyprus   |
Ranked #1 of 60 hotels in Limassol
GREECE&CYPRUS
1,467 helpful votes 1,467 helpful votes
“It comes First in our Hearts and Charts – Nothing Beats the Four Seasons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my recent business trip to Cyprus I had to visit Limassol and I stayed 3 nights at the Four Seasons. I stayed here once again a couple of years back and last year I had a business lunch at one of the four restaurants. Once again the stay was unforgettable that I can’t find words to describe. It is kind of awkward to travel unaccompanied –my husband stayed back in Greece, but my stay here was so pleasant and relaxing that it was as if I was not alone at all. Out of all the hotels I stayed on this trip this one made the difference.

Staff: The staff is truly world class. It is unbelievable yet true of how a large number of them –if not mistaken, 52 are celebrating this year their 20 years’ service at this hotel! They know exactly how to make the guest feel more like a friend and they are doing this in the most discreet way. As you walk pass them you are greeted with a smile that it is so warm that makes your day! I was happily surprised when I noticed that people from the staff remembered me. I truly felt this warm touch of the Cypriot hospitality and attention. Now I can honestly understand why so many people keep coming back -a couple was telling me at breakfast some days back that they are repeaters for the last 13 years! The staff is an unbeatable team of multilingual experts and the percipient observer notices instantly the value of these people and how they perceive to make guests feel at home. The best is that you don’t have to be a repeater to feel this exceptional personalized service because it is something the guest feels even on his very first visit.

Room: I had the superior sea view suite # 421 -spotlessly clean spacious and well equipped. The combination of warm colours is what you notice the moment you enter the room. The floor, curtains, walls, the bed’s cover, the pillows - even the sophisticated up and over bed canopy above the king-sized bed…all matches with the rest of the impressive and contemporary look of the interior.
I would expect a much more relaxing bed though and I was a bit disappointed but when I reported it, I was told that I could change room if I wanted –but I did not and the management informed me that very soon every single bed is going to be replaced! The room had it all…even coffee/tea facilities, not to mention the exceptional daily complimentary treats!!

Now about the view! The word “stunning” is very little to describe it. Nothing could stop me from getting up early to catch the crack of dawn as it breaks into a new day. It was like standing in front of a different painting each morning –a palette of colours. It is worth paying the few extra to get a sea view especially if we are talking about this specific hotel.

Bathroom: All bathrooms are amazing –top line at every aspect. Light and space is what I am after in a bathroom besides anything else and here there was ample of both. The luxury en-suite bathroom with chic fittings had extensive mirrors and amenities that indeed spoil the guest. Jacuzzi/shower with body jets…a Spa in the room. Robes, slippers, fine soaps and toiletries (the amazing Etro brand) all these give extra pampering to the guest. However, if you are out for more and pampering is what you are after you should by all means visit the real Spa.

The Spa: I advice not to leave the premises without having at least one treatment here. The high degree of personal attention is what you notice the moment you enter this amazing place and you are instantly in the hands of expert consultants. I had a facial treatment –I wish I could afford to have one or two more! The full body (55 min) massage costs 100 euros with the most expensive one –the Four Hand Signature massage (75 min) for 200. One of the most popular facial treatments is that of the Replenishing Anti-Aging (55 min) at 115, but there are cheaper ones like the Face Reviver (30 min) for 75 euros or the Eyelash, Eyebrow Tinting (25 min) for 45 euros! Of course there are several 1 and 6 day Package treatments starting from 250 up to 1.430 euros –a guarantee that you will be taken to heaven with all these! And finally after all this pampering spend time in the relaxing lounge of the Spa which has a touch of glamour and good taste. Sit back, close your eyes, take a deep breath and let your positive thoughts travel you.

Breakfast: The first meal of the day here at the Four Seasons at the Café Tropical is indeed sumptuous! It might be the richest, the best in quality, taste and presentation I had for years. It is breakfast for a diverse group of members as well as guests, so there is everything for everyone enough to fill you up till dinner. There were 4 or 5 different juices, (even champagne) –A paradise of cereals (Oat meal, Choco and Ice flakes, Fruit leaps, Muesli, Rice-crispies) with a variety of dry fruit. There is an amazing choice of homemade bread and cakes, rolls croissant, muffing, white/brown bread along with butter, jam, marmalade and honey, a variety of eggs, scrambled, savoury Omelettes, and all kinds of seasonal local and exotic fruit and dessert.

Premises: The stroll I had to the Adult-only section which I totally missed on my previous stay, reassured me that there is indeed no limit to luxury out here. This part of the premises is the very top of the tops and I envy the lucky ones who book to stay here. It was closed this time of year –I guess renovations are being made, so it is soon going to open again and be even more beautiful than before. The waterfall’s gurgling water flows in the river pool outside each of the lower studios next to lush exotic plants and there is a decking non-slip walkway at every individual Jacuzzi. The elements, sounds and colours out here definitely can travel the guest. I did not have the opportunity to see the interior of these suites and studios but with everything that I have described above, the reader can get the picture. I only wish that I have the opportunity to return and stay for a couple of days at one of these suites one day!

Gardens and Pool: The Koi tropic fish lagoon was not at its best this time of year, but it won’t be too long when it opens again. It is January and umbrellas, tables and chairs were piled up and covered but in 2 months from now this place will look like an earthly paradise once again. As for the pool, I never saw people out there but I did see several surfers one day at the beach. Contact the West Watersports of the hotel for more info.

Cafe Tropical: There is an a la carte menu daily out here and it is at this specific restaurant where breakfast is taken every morning. I have an extensive review on the cuisine of the Four Seasons on the “Restaurants at the Four Seasons Hotel” column on TA.

Wi Fi: No matter where you are in all public areas even out at the beach where the furthest boundary premises are, Wi Fi is complimentary to guests. There is however a small charge for more demanding downloads!

Location: It is not far from the city centre but it is very easy to get to it any time of day until late at night. There is a bus stop a few metres from the hotel. Bus #30 can drop you up to the Old port where the main stop is. They pass every 10 to 15 minutes and they are more frequent during summer. The fee is just one euro, but if you pay 3 you can use it for several trips during the day on any bus in the city.
Tip: With this same ticket get as far as the old port station, cross the road where the bus lets you down and get to the opposite bus stop. Get the bus that takes you up to the Old Hospital main station (or get there by taxi). With just another euro (two if you wish to return the same day) go as far as Platres resort, or take the other bus and get to the top square of Troodos. There are some nice trails to walk out there. Travel clever if you have the time….this is what I do when I visit Cyprus! Ask for more info from the hotel.

Conclusion: In all after the 3 nights I experienced here I believe it justly ranks first on the charts. It might not be a cheap hotel but it excels at service, glamour and luxury by far compared to other hotels so it deserves it. Overall, if you want to pamper yourself with authentic luxury this is the right place to be.

959 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was a business trip i addition to an extended period for relaxing. Everything was great, we felt home and pampered. Room service are always available to assist, rooms are very well cleaned. The food quality and the food presentation are both excellent. Quality control manger is always around inspecting every single details at the hotel and ensuring the render of an outstanding service. I surely recomend this hotel to everyone.

Paralimni, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Once again the Four Seasons didn't dissapoint. Luxury all round with service of the highest standard. Beautiful sea view room on the fourth floor. From the moment you arrive you feel relaxed. Can't wait till our next visit. Thank you all.

Room Tip: special offer with sv room for price of inland view was a big bonus this time.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my second time ever in Cyprus. I stayed at the Four Seasons last year with 52 colleagues on our annual start-of-year meeting and on the basis of the experience we are here again. A truly outstanding hotel. The rooms are excellent but the standard of service is exceptional anywhere in the world. My company has customers in 87 countries and so, as CEO, I've stayed in many top hotels, the best the world has to offer. The Four Seasons is not the smartest, most impressive building but the staff are truly world class. 2013 celebrates their 20th anniversary and I hear that 52 members of staff will celebrate 20 years of service at the hotel. This speaks volumes to anyone running a company or anyone understanding what separates one hotel from the next. On top of this the standard of food in all their restaurants is also world class. I wholeheartedly recommend this example of excellence to anyone visiting Cyprus

Dammam

6- Big Room with a very nice Balcony
7- I Hated tha fact it was far away from City Center & the Market

Nicosia Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Their logo "the finest on the island" is all the truth! This is the sixth time staying at the four seasons hotel and this time we spotted some generous changes: 1. Everyday one small bottle of water for everybody. 2. The first day we were given a small box with chocolates. 3. The second day we were given a luxury calendar of 2013. 4. The last day a jar of honey!
The kindergarden is amazing! You can leave you children there and relax, enjoying a cup of coffee. The chinese restaurant is highly recommended.
Tip: as a welcome drink choose coctail "aphrodite"! You will love it ;-)

• Stayed January 2013
Cannock, Staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

What more can I say about this fabulous hotel that I haven't said before after every visit.
This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Attention to detail, beautiful rooms, friendly staff, excellent restaurants.

Every year there is always another small added extra, this visit complimentary water by the side of the bed every day which was much appreciated.

Colours has been refurbished since we were last their, if we loved it before we were totally enamoured on this visit. This is a place definitely not to miss.

A wonderful hotel which is well worth visiting.

Room Tip: Visit colours cafe
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!