“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Limassol
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The facilities of this hotel are impeccable and the rooms and food are amazing. We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every moment. The hotel beach is breathtaking, especially during the night if you want to go for a walk or a late night dinner. Loved everything about this place and I will definitely go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

I am glad that you liked the new rooms and I will pass your kind comments to our Executive Chef and his brigade about our food.

Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.

Amathus Beach Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 15 nights in Jun and it is a lovely, lovely hotel. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, gorgeous and spacious bathrooms, extremely helpful and attentative concierge as well as being in a perfect location. The one let down, was the restaurant staff and the length of time it took on each occasion we went for something to eat to get our food. We checked in on Sunday 8th jun and left on Monday 23th jun. From start to end, the stay was brilliant. We had a stunning 'luxury' suite on the 2nd floor Staff were snooty at times, and we left feeling they cared more for the guest who weren't staying at the hotel. We stayed in a Amathunta Suite and although lovely and spacious, I wouldn't call it a suite. Having said that, this hotel is a great find, and we would love to come back soon.
H.R.H Prince Faisal bin Mishari bin abdulaziz Al Saud

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice feedback on your recent stay at the Amathus. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was happy to return to my favorite Amathus and see so many wonderful changes! The new look of Limanaki is fantastic - the food as well. As usual the hotel keeps to it's high standards and was happy to be greeted by all the staff, many of which remembered us and gave us a really warm welcome...this is what Cyprus hospitality is famous for! Thanks everyone for a brill holiday, sad to be leaving tomorrow! :(

Room Tip: definitely sea view rooms - don't miss the beautiful view.!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much and in particular that our team has contributed to your memorable experience. As I always do, I have shared your comments with my great team. I am glad you liked the new look of Limanaki. This very special fish restaurant now features an expanded territory with an ocean-view bar, private beach-front dining tents as well as an upgraded menu with healthy local and international sea food delicacies, offering guests a unique sensory experience.

We, the entire team of the Amathus, are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were so lucky to stay at Amathus Limassol!!! Me, my husband and our daughter of 5 spent one of our best 7-days vacation there. Everything was just perfect, starting from the room (we lived in a Sea View room) and finishing with its fantastic cousine. All the personnel was very friendly and we feel we are really taken care of the whole way! Very good facilities for kids: swimming pool, children menu, and lovely play ground. Before we also stayed in some 5 star hotels in Limassol and I may say thet I never meet such a nice atmosphere. Even houskeepers are so lovely! And of course Amathus has the best beach in Limassol to my opinion. A lot of space is also very important. So if we come to Cyprus again - only Amathus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit at the Amathus.
I am very glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your positive and encouraging comments to our team members.

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great luxury hotel with everything you need. Rooms, service, food, everything was as it should be in this type of lux hotel. I personally didn't like the beach, because the sea is dirty and the sand is black, and you cannot find better because that is how the sea is in Cyprus, but this is another issue. The hotel has great gym which is near the pool. The rooms have modern look, nice comfy beds, great pool and nice vast space down the beach where you can sit, relax and enjoy the holidays!

Room Tip: Ocean view are better than rooms with no view at all, because at the other side of the ocean, there...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am gad that you liked our new rooms and the service we provide to our guests. I will pass your kind comments to our Executive Chef about your comments for the food.
Thanks a lot for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future. Please contact me directly at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com when planning your next visit to Cyprus.

Kind regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We have been going to Cyprus for many years now and have stayed in many of the five star hotels, including approximately 14 times in the five star hotel that is a near neighbour of the Amathus and now part of the same group. Having had issues with sunbeds and space for sunbathing at the previous hotel, we decided to give the Amathus a try as we have always admired their sweeping lawns and the amount of space there is around the sunbeds on the grass. We went with an open mind but we were obviously going to compare everything between the two hotels.

We arrived quite late in the evening but were warmly welcomed by the porters and our luggage taken from us. We also had a warm welcome from the receptionist and while checking in a cold drink appeared. We were soon in our room on the third floor and were very pleasantly surprised. Everything in the room looked new and modern and appeared to have everything we needed. Our luggage soon appeared and the porter was very helpful and even asked us if we had enough coat hangers. I loved the modern bathroom even though it appeared quite small, it was very modern and clean. It didn't have a walk in shower but did have a monsoon type shower and a hand held shower over the bath. It had a good hairdryer on the wall (there was also another one in the bedroom drawer) and an illuminated make up mirror. The toiletries were lovely.

There were coffee and tea making facilities in the room and plenty of wardrobe space but drawer space was fairly limited (a lot of space is taken up with the mini bar and glasses etc). The view from our room 318 was great, overlooking the pool and the beach.

After unpacking we went down to the Nu Bar and had a snack and a drink where both the service and the food was great.

Normally we do the beach path walk before breakfast but on our first day we decided to give it a miss and go to breakfast. We were greeted warmly and asked whether we would like to sit inside or outside and shown to a table, then the young lady asked if I would like an orientation of the breakfast buffet and she showed me where everything was, including a yoghurt bar where you can choose the type of yoghurt you want and various fruits and nuts to go on top. We were then asked what we would like to drink and our coffee arrived quickly. The breakfast selection is vast and the staff can't do enough for you.

After breakfast we decided to go and find some sunbeds. You are given cards to get towels from a lovely man down in the lift lobby at beach level. This system seems to work very well. We hardly stepped out on to the lawns when we were approached by pool boys wanting to help us. I have never stayed in a hotel where the pool boys have been so great (except perhaps in Malaysia). They let you choose where you want to go and then they wipe down the beds and give you as many umbrellas as you wish. They only have to see you trying to move your sunbed and they are there to help if you need them to. The security guard even offered to help me move my umbrella on one occasion!

We like to go out to local restaurants so we only ate in the hotel three times in the evenings. We wanted to try Limanaki but there was some unusual weather while we were there and on the night we wanted to go it was exceptionally windy and quite chilly so we didn't get to try that restaurant this time, although we have eaten there in previous years before it was renovated. There is another new restaurant called the Grill Room but after looking at the menu we decided that it would have suited my husband but not me as I am vegetarian. Therefore we went to the Italian evening and also ate A la Carte one evening in the Kalypso restaurant and in the Nu Bar on our first night. Everything we had to eat was excellent as was the service. One tiny suggestion is that it would be nice to have candles on the tables on the inside terrace the same as they do on the outside tables.

I know everyone says the staff are wonderful but they really are special, they all have a "can do" attitude and come across as genuinely wanting to help the guests and have an interest in them having a good holiday. I was so impressed with the staff at this hotel. There was a lady who cleaned the reception and Nu Bar area and she was always busy polishing and plumping cushions and always had a lovely smile for you. All of the cleaners where ever you saw them spoke to you, the porters were lovely, the pool boy, the girls and boys serving drinks and food outside, the girls in the Nu Bar especially Svetlana, and the staff in the restaurants and reception were all great and it makes such a difference to your holiday.

I am quite fussy and I thought I would have a list of negatives but I don't. I thought I had found one fault as when we arrived there were no hooks in the bathroom for the bath robes but half way through the holiday two hooks appeared on the bathroom door as if by magic!

The only thing that bothered me slightly when sitting out on the covered terrace for breakfast was the amount of birds that fly in and walk over the tables and peck at the food when guests are away from their tables getting food. Maybe they need some cats but then not all guests would be happy with that idea. The other option is to sit inside but the view from the front line tables is lovely.

All in all I have to say that I prefer the pool at the Four Seasons as the main pool at the Amathus is not so big or interesting and seemed to be taken over by children when we were there. There is an adult only pool but it has no views and it didn't really appeal to me. Having said that we were more than happy on the grass area with lots of space around us and lovely views of the sea and it was only a short walk to the pool if you wanted to use it. Of course there is also a fantastic indoor pool with jacuzzi, steam and sauna which would be particularly good if you had a winter holiday. We didn't try the gym but it looked very good and was very well used.

We had a superb holiday and I would certainly consider this hotel again and that is mainly due to the staff and the space!

Room Tip: The views from the sea view rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking so much time to post your detailed review of our hotel on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your husbmand enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.

We are indeed very fortunate to have 200 meters of sea frontage and 4,000m2 of immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens, so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed this benefit of our hotel. Our sumptuous breakfast in the spectacular setting of our Kalypso Restaurant Terrace is very popular amongst our guests, and I was glad to read that this was one of your highlights.

Most of all, your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team create for our guests.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Amathus, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.

Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

An amazing, luxurious hotel with very friendly and helpful staff that offers an excellent service. Internet could be a bit faster but it was still satisfying. Had some delicious food including a rich breakfast, and had some good nights sleep (which i didn't have for a while :) ). Really want to come back and I am certainly recommending it!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Your fantastic review describes what we strive for every day – thank you so much. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to our team.We look forward to welcoming you back soon. With all good wishes,

email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com

Been to Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol? Share your experiences!